A Baby For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old September 29 2012, 07:45 PM   #16
JD
Admiral

Re: Cartoon Network Returning Genre Shows Sat AM

I enjoyed the Clone Wars episode. I like the Maul/Opress pair, and Hondo, so there was a lot for me to like in this one. And now I guess we know why Adi Galia wasn't around in Revenge of the Sith.
The GL episode was fun. This was my first exposure to Guy Gardner, and he seems like a fun character. Was that the Anti-Monitor who activated the Manhunters?
Really enjoyed the YJ episode. Some interesting developments with the 2 Roys, and a couple fun scenes with the girls. I loved Captain Cold's reaction when the girls broke free of his ice.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29 2012, 08:04 PM   #17
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

It's amazing they can make something that looks like Clone Wars for Saturday morning fare. Whenever I come back to it after it's been away for a while it just strikes me as amazing.

I agree that the pirate storyline wasn't exactly ambitious I thought it was pretty entertaining. I liked how pragmatic the pirate leader was and Kenobi was kick-ass.

And flying saucers!
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29 2012, 08:15 PM   #18
cylkoth
Commodore

Christopher wrote: View Post
cylkoth wrote: View Post
Green Lantern-I was a bit confused on how long Guy's been a Lantern. Wouldn't Carol have known about another GL flying around, and mentioned it to Hal? Since the Guardians were so enamored with Guy, that suggests he's been a GL for a pretty significant period while Jordan was away.
Carol didn't have a lot of time to talk to Hal before he got called away, and they had more urgent personal matters to talk about. Basically it was just "Hi, honey, I'm back from saving the universe!" "I missed you, but you're fired. What if you're gone longer next time?" "I won't be, but -- oops, crane disaster, gotta go, we'll have dinner!" Where are you gonna fit "Oh, by the way, there's another Green Lantern who took your job" in the middle of that conversation?
Right after he says, ''Oops, there's a crane diaster''. Carol: Let the other guy handle it..'' Hal: What other guy?!''
I know, I know. But I couldn't help but wonder if she knew about Guy or not. That would've helped sell her position that Hal need not fly off into danger at a moments notice.
Old September 29 2012, 09:48 PM   #19
Christopher
Writer

JD wrote: View Post
And now I guess we know why Adi Galia wasn't around in Revenge of the Sith.
Those of you who already knew who Adi Galia was. To me she was just some generic background Jedi that they didn't even bother to give a name to before they killed her off. Sometimes this show tosses in too many obscure characters as Easter eggs for the fans without bothering to consider the more casual viewer who doesn't know the name and life story of every character who was onscreen for five seconds in the background of a movie.

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
It's amazing they can make something that looks like Clone Wars for Saturday morning fare.
Well, it has been Friday night fare for most of its run, I think. It seems inappropriate, in fact, to schedule such a violent, TV-PG show for 9:30 Saturday morning.

And I doubt anyone else could make a show that looks like this. Lucasfilm has the advantage of being insanely rich and makes this largely with their own money, or so I gather.

cylkoth wrote: View Post
Right after he says, ''Oops, there's a crane diaster''. Carol: Let the other guy handle it..'' Hal: What other guy?!''
I know, I know. But I couldn't help but wonder if she knew about Guy or not. That would've helped sell her position that Hal need not fly off into danger at a moments notice.
But that's not her position. That's the position of a needy, selfish girlfriend who wants Hal to put her above his duties to others, and Carol is better than that. Remember how easily she gave up the Star Sapphire power, and made that speech about how love isn't about possessing someone, but having the strength to put their needs first? Carol's position is that Hal should fly off into danger at a moment's notice because a lot of people need him to, and she doesn't want him to abrogate that responsibility on her account.

Heck, she was probably going to break up with him anyway at dinner. It didn't seem like an impulsive decision to me, but something she'd been thinking about for a while. So she wasn't in the state of mind that would make her ask him to put her over his duty. If anything, she was probably glad to have an excuse to put some distance between them until she had the chance to tell him. (Although breaking up with him over the phone? Not her finest moment.)

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29 2012, 11:41 PM   #20
Gotham Central
Vice Admiral

View Gotham Central's Twitter Profile

I enjoyed the Clone Wars episode. I like the Maul/Opress pair, and Hondo, so there was a lot for me to like in this one. And now I guess we know why Adi Galia wasn't around in Revenge of the Sith.
The GL episode was fun. This was my first exposure to Guy Gardner, and he seems like a fun character. Was that the Anti-Monitor who activated the Manhunters?
Really enjoyed the YJ episode. Some interesting developments with the 2 Roys, and a couple fun scenes with the girls. I loved Captain Cold's reaction when the girls broke free of his ice.
Yeah, it looked like a modification of the anti-monitor.
And sing along in the age of paranoia

Green Day
Gotham Central is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30 2012, 12:14 AM   #21
TemporalFlux
Commodore

Gotham Central wrote: View Post
I also saw hints of Imperiex in the design; but the character's entrance (through a black/white "negative" rip in space), his armor color scheme and helmet shape seem to indicate Anti-monitor. It'll be interesting to see what they do with it, but it does make sense to introduce the realm of Qward before we see Sinestro.
TemporalFlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30 2012, 06:12 AM   #22
Mr Light
Admiral

Oh, I thought that was Imperiex!

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30 2012, 06:23 AM   #23
Mike Farley
Commodore

Christopher wrote: View Post
^"Nothing but Spongebob?" Aren't you forgetting the greatest animated universe of the past decade, something involving Avatars and the bending of elements?
Personally I have no interest in a show based on an M. Night Shyamalan movie.
Mike Farley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30 2012, 03:40 PM   #24
Psylent1
Captain

And Superboy asks; "Are we any closer in identifying the Light's new partner?"

And Nightwing says; "I know exactly who their partner is. I saw him in the promo for the new episodes of Young Justice."

Psylent1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30 2012, 03:58 PM   #25
Mr Light
Admiral

Anybody know when Cartoon Network is going to air the final few episodes of Generator Rex????? Wikipedia doesn't list air dates.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30 2012, 08:16 PM   #26
JD
Admiral

TemporalFlux wrote: View Post
I also saw hints of Imperiex in the design; but the character's entrance (through a black/white "negative" rip in space), his armor color scheme and helmet shape seem to indicate Anti-monitor. It'll be interesting to see what they do with it, but it does make sense to introduce the realm of Qward before we see Sinestro.
Mr Light wrote: View Post
Oh, I thought that was Imperiex!
I was just looking around on the DC Comics Database, and it does have an entry for a GL:TAS version of The Anti-Monitor, although it's a dead link so it doesn't have any info. That would indicate to me that was him (it?).
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30 2012, 10:12 PM   #27
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Mr Light wrote: View Post
Anybody know when Cartoon Network is going to air the final few episodes of Generator Rex????? Wikipedia doesn't list air dates.
Cartoon Network is generally pretty cruel when a show has lost its bloom. When it does come back it will probably be unceremoniously dumped in a silly time slot.
Old September 30 2012, 10:13 PM   #28
Christopher
Writer

^I think CN still has never shown "The Mask of Matches Malone!" from Batman: The Brave and the Bold, even though WB redid the animation on the part the network found objectionable.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1 2012, 12:22 AM   #29
TemporalFlux
Commodore

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
Cartoon Network is generally pretty cruel when a show has lost its bloom. When it does come back it will probably be unceremoniously dumped in a silly time slot.
Perhaps it will end up in this new Toonami experiment. I see that starting this week, Cartoon Network is airing re-runs of Symbionic Titan and the modern Thundercats starting at 2am Eastern on Sunday (extending off the Anime from Saturday night).
TemporalFlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1 2012, 12:52 AM   #30
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Kind of funny as both shows were given the short shrift by the network though technically Thundercats is still "on hiatus".