RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,704
Members: 24,834
Currently online: 431
Newest member: kamkaran

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old September 27 2012, 10:52 PM   #31
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Re: Top Three Episodes/Serials

Someone is a new viewer...

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28 2012, 01:40 AM   #32
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

If that comment was directed at me, I never liked many of the RTD episodes. I found the quality to be horribly uneven with most episodes being a blah at best. The only episodes I ever enjoyed were the Moffat-written ones like Girl in the Fireplace, Blink, etc.
Old September 28 2012, 06:39 AM   #33
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Fair enough. And I take it you haven't gotten to the classic series yet?

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28 2012, 06:47 AM   #34
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

I've even seen those old episodes with the guy before Tennant!
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28 2012, 08:05 AM   #35
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

Emh wrote: View Post
Fair enough. And I take it you haven't gotten to the classic series yet?
No, but I intend to. A friend of mine from work has been trying to introduce me to some of the classic Who and I think I will indulge him.
Old September 29 2012, 12:11 AM   #36
Anachronus
Commodore

Green Lantern wrote: View Post
I always thought that Rivers character was too strong for Smiths doctor.
An excellent observation. She does flummox him every time.

-St. Augustine of Hippo
Anachronus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29 2012, 07:15 PM   #37
Green Lantern
Fleet Captain

If you're looking into getting inot clasic who, I'd highly recomend these serials:

Tomb of the cybermen- because it's a clasic and is generaly brilliant. If you like 60s and 50s sci-fi, you'll absolutely love this one. If the Moonbase didn't have any lost episodes, I'd probably recomend that too along with the tenth planet.

Genisis of the Daleks- because it's a clasic, personaly it's not one of my favourates, but it is one of the most famous serials ever. I do recomend everyone to watch this, it's just a personal thing about 70s who I don't like though, that's all.

The Three doctors- because it's a clasic, is really enjoyable, and is just so much fun to see, I love 2 and 3s relationship. My favourate Petwee story without fail.

The Green Death- becaus it is just so good. Fine, "it's the one with the giant maggots", but still, the story is so good, and it does work its way up to being a clasic. Is also the first Pertwee story I ever saw.

The Five Doctors- because it's a clasic and is annother fun episode. The Master is fantastic in it, and as well as bringing back the old doctors, it also brings back some old companions.

The Two doctors- not because it's a clasic, but because i found it fun. Colin Baker at his best, fine alot of people can't bare any of Colins stuff, but I for one feel fond of some of his serials, and this is definately his best.

The Dalek Invasion of Earth- because it's one of the daleks most famous serials and is pretey cool to watch.

Earthshock- not because it's a clasic, but because it's a fun serial, and shows Davidson at his very best, and an awesome cyberman epic. It was also the first clasic serial I ever saw, so it has personal value to me. Watch it dude, you will not be disapointed.

Remerberance of the Daleks- because it's the last dalek story in the clasic series, and is fun to watch, also a bit of a clasic!

The 1996 movie- Fun epic with the master and a personal favourate. Then again, it is closer to RTDs stuff then anything else, so you may not like it, I however love it. It's worth a chance though.
Green Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote