TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old September 26 2012, 12:39 PM   #211
Dac
Commodore

View Dac's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dac
Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

asp7485 wrote: View Post
Whoah! Check out this tweet from Roger Meyer Burnett:

"This dude in this STAR TREK PHASE II footage is totally wearing a LOGAN'S RUN costume. #TNGS2"

So, we are getting some Phase II footage on the Season 2 bluray??
That could very well be it I guess. All the test footage (or some of it) filmed for Phase 2. That would be nice to see I guess, although surely that would be more at home on a re-issued TMP Directors Cut blu (with new NEW effects)
Dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2012, 12:48 PM   #212
senten
Ensign

"This dude in this STAR TREK PHASE II footage is totally wearing a LOGAN'S RUN costume. #TNGS2"

https://twitter.com/BurnettRM/status/250778609638322176
Looks like there will be: https://twitter.com/BurnettRM/status/250827822162120704

Although I don't think this sounds like the amazing special feature that FrontierTrek is referring to (ie - collection of TNG stuff from the 80's to present day)

Wikipedia says about Star Trek Phase II "Several minutes of test footage, including a view of a redesigned Engineering Room, costume tests with crew, screen test footage of David Gautreaux as Xon and costume test footage of Persis Khambatta as Ilia, were included in a featurette on the DVD release of the Directors Edition of Star Trek: The Motion Picture."

So maybe more of that? Unless he means: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Tr...I_(fan_series)
senten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2012, 12:53 PM   #213
Mott the barber
Commodore

senten wrote: View Post

https://twitter.com/BurnettRM/status/250778609638322176
Looks like there will be: https://twitter.com/BurnettRM/status/250827822162120704

Although I don't think this sounds like the amazing special feature that FrontierTrek is referring to (ie - collection of TNG stuff from the 80's to present day)

Wikipedia says about Star Trek Phase II "Several minutes of test footage, including a view of a redesigned Engineering Room, costume tests with crew, screen test footage of David Gautreaux as Xon and costume test footage of Persis Khambatta as Ilia, were included in a featurette on the DVD release of the Directors Edition of Star Trek: The Motion Picture."

So maybe more of that? Unless he means: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Tr...I_(fan_series)

Yeah, many of us have seen that footage already in that prior DVD release, so I hope it's not just that. I'm thinking there may be a Phase II connection with S2 considering "The Child" was a re-used Phase II script (writers' strike was going on so they needed other sources for scripts).
Old September 26 2012, 12:57 PM   #214
senten
Ensign

The thing that gets me about FrontierTrek's hints is that it's a collection of never-before-seen TNG stuff "from 1988 to the present day".

What TNG material could there be from present day? All I can think is movie related stuff? Something fan related or stuff from conventions? "Captain Worf"?
senten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2012, 01:46 PM   #215
FrontierTrek
Fleet Captain

View FrontierTrek's Twitter Profile

senten wrote: View Post
The thing that gets me about FrontierTrek's hints is that it's a collection of never-before-seen TNG stuff "from 1988 to the present day".

What TNG material could there be from present day? All I can think is movie related stuff? Something fan related or stuff from conventions? "Captain Worf"?
Haha, you misunderstand my cryptic quote.

Present day is referring to new interviews ;-)
Old September 26 2012, 01:52 PM   #216
FrontierTrek
Fleet Captain

SNogueira wrote: View Post
...do you know if they are making 16x9 versions (cropped, as the docs suggest) for syndication purposes?
I asked them this in the interview - no, they are not. Wait for the interview as they give a nice bit of clarification why not, and why you've seen some 16:9 shots.
Old September 28 2012, 06:28 PM   #217
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

^Speaking of which...

http://tng.trekcore.com/bluray/cbsdi...nterview1.html
Old September 28 2012, 06:45 PM   #218
Sho
Fleet Captain

Nice interview, one thing in the way of feedback though: I realize you need to pay the bills somehow and that progressive disclosure helps drive clicks, but this (lack of) length was a wee bit above the frustration threshold for me as a reader.
Sho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28 2012, 07:40 PM   #219
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Sho wrote: View Post
Nice interview, one thing in the way of feedback though: I realize you need to pay the bills somehow and that progressive disclosure helps drive clicks, but this (lack of) length was a wee bit above the frustration threshold for me as a reader.
That and the fact that there was little there we didn't already know...
Old September 28 2012, 07:43 PM   #220
MikeS
Fleet Captain

So what was the big surprise?

I noticed a "Niel Wray – head of 3D" listed. Am I going to be seeing the Borg in 3D?!
Old September 28 2012, 08:04 PM   #221
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

I don't think the surprise has been revealed yet.
Old September 28 2012, 08:34 PM   #222
FrontierTrek
Fleet Captain

Sho wrote: View Post
Excuse me?? What a stupid thing to say. We do not pay the bills by getting clicks, we are charged MORE because of bandwidth.

The interview is broken up because it was so long and i dont have the time to put so much out at once... Its a hell of a lot of work and i am one man. You want to minimize your frustration? You try running something as big as this on your own - you have no idea just how much time and effort it takes, completely unpaid for a website which isnt supported by advertizing.
Old September 28 2012, 08:59 PM   #223
Sho
Fleet Captain

^ Chill. The reason I voiced this criticism is in many ways because I do know very well what it means to do a ton of work out of love for the work. I've spent the last seven years almost daily contributing to KDE for free as a software developer, system administrator and many other hats. If you have a modern cellphone you've likely used code I've written to browse the web, and I haven't seen a dime for it, and I don't mind.

But because you are so dedicated it means you care about the quality of experience of your readers, and so all I'm saying is that for this reader - but I think potentially also for many others - the enjoyment would have been greater with a larger serving. Deciding on the right size to slice things into is a balance thing, and to me this was on the too short side.

Just because we do free software we still take bug reports at KDE, too, you know .

That said, I'm sorry for the pay the bills part; I frankly just blindly assumed you were ad-supported (which I don't see due to Adblock - and yes, TrekToday is an exception in my Adblock rules) because it's the usual reason you see pagination this extreme. I definitely should have checked, so boo me.

I guess I should have framed things a little better instead of getting to the criticism part so quickly, too, so here it is again: I really enjoyed your interview, I'm grateful you talked to CBS Digital for us, I'm looking forward to the upcoming installments, and for that matter, I also think your site rocks pretty hard. I'm really sorry if I dampened your mood over what should be a happy occasion, I really didn't mean to. I was just communicating the - relatively minor - negative aspect I had in my user experience as a suggestion for improvement, in the spirit of one developer to another. It's a habit as much as anything.
Sho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28 2012, 09:17 PM   #224
gaghyogi49
Lieutenant Commander

Patience everyone! Just wait for the rest of this interview (and the other upcoming interviews...), I promise, you will not be disappointed and season two will really, absolutely blow your minds. I don't know how the season 3 special features will ever be able to top this... As I said: patience; FrontierTrek is working his ass off at the moment to get all those excellent news bits to you!
gaghyogi49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28 2012, 11:13 PM   #225
Salinga
Captain

MikeS wrote: View Post
I noticed a "Niel Wray – head of 3D" listed. Am I going to be seeing the Borg in 3D?!
Actually I just wondered about it: Would it be possible, to convert a selected sets of episodes into 3D and show them in cinemas? What episodes would be best seen in 3D?
Salinga is offline   Reply With Quote