RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,693
Members: 24,208
Currently online: 689
Newest member: meshman63

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old September 25 2012, 02:14 PM   #46
FPAlpha
Rear Admiral

Re: Castle Season 5 (including Spoilers)

ThunderAeroI wrote: View Post
I dont think Becket is in any real power position though. Both Maddox and Smith are dead, whomever killed Smith is still at large and the senator will take his time killing becket. All it has to be is an incident at work and the senator is in the clear.

Becket may now be in a position of no power what-so-ever as all her cards are out on the table and in reality she has none.
Yeah but the Senator can't risk anything.. Beckett did bluff and he probably knows but what if there is the slightest chance something may slip?

The evidence she has was obtained illegally so it wouldn't be of any use in court but if he kills her, it comes to an investigation and someone tips off the investigator and he/she does some digging it becomes official record and usable in court.. and in todays political climate even the hint of wrongdoing (especially when linked to murder) can end careers.

He can't risk that.. he knows she's on the weaker side and that he has little to fear for now so he's content to give it a rest.. for now. What happens in the future nobody knows but as we know Beckett she will not give up.

Very good way of resolving the case while still keeping it on.
Old September 25 2012, 09:31 PM   #47
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Wow. That was simply incredible. I think FPAlpha pretty much hit all the points that I was going to make on the episode. "After the Storm" is definitely top five for me. Stana's performance in this episode was among the best from her. Alexis and Martha only in the opening scene I hope is not a sign of things to come, because Rick's family has always been a favourite aspect of the show. Can't wait until Rick and Kate decide to tell people about them. Just a brilliant episode.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2012, 02:07 AM   #48
Christopher
Writer

I hope they don't keep up the "secret relationship" thing for long. It feels like a contrived way to keep up some degree of tension, and it wasn't very well justified.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2012, 03:17 AM   #49
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Alexis and Martha only in the opening scene I hope is not a sign of things to come, .
I wouldn't infer too much from one episode, especially this one. They had a lot of ground to cover here, including the aftermath of Castle and Beckett getting together, Beckett's resignation from the force, the truth behind the conspiracy, etc. Not sure where they could have squeezed in more of Alexis and Martha . . . .

Not that all that season cliffhanger stuff has been dealt with (for now), they may have a little more breathing room.
Old September 26 2012, 03:29 AM   #50
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

^That's very true Greg...I guess we're just going to have to wait to get Alexis and Martha's reaction to Rick and Kate.

I still hope we get more from Captain Gates. I've been in the minority from the start and liked her character. I liked her comment to Kate about hoping to inspire the same loyalty from her that Roy had.

I also agree with Christopher about keeping the relationship a secret. Rick's excuse of wanting to keep Kate to himself for a bit while not justified, is understandable, he's waited for this for so long, and it's taken Kate a long time to finally lower her defences and admit her love for him. I don't think it will drag on with them keeping this from their friends and family. I expect that Alexis and Martha will be ecstatic. It's possible Espso is already suspicious after rescuing them...heh. I think we're in for perhaps the fun and interesting season yet!

Old September 26 2012, 03:44 AM   #51
Forbin
Admiral

Who played the senator? He looked familiar, and IMDB isn't listing all the guest stars.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2012, 04:01 AM   #52
Christopher
Writer

Forbin wrote: View Post
Who played the senator? He looked familiar, and IMDB isn't listing all the guest stars.
That was Jack Coleman from Heroes, wasn't it? It took me a while to recognize him without the horn-rim glasses, and I think he's put on a bit of weight and lost some hair, but I'm pretty sure that's who it was.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2012, 04:30 AM   #53
cardinal biggles
Danny Donkey hates you

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

I just checked the guest cast from ABC's press release, and yes it was Jack Coleman.
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2012, 04:32 AM   #54
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Yeah IMDB doesn't list him as well, but perhaps he was uncredited...I didn't see his name in the opening credits either, but that was him indeed.

Old September 26 2012, 04:41 AM   #55
Locutus of Bored
No Solicitors!

Jack Coleman also currently has a recurring role as Angela's husband the state senator on The Office.
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2012, 01:06 PM   #56
Forbin
Admiral

I thought it was him! I guess it's been long enough since Heroes that I couldn't quiiiiiiite be sure.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2012, 05:27 PM   #57
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
Jack Coleman also currently has a recurring role as Angela's husband the state senator on The Office.
He also had a recurring role as the vampire-hating father of a teenage vampire on Vampire Diaries . . . .
Old September 27 2012, 12:10 AM   #58
Worf2DS9
Writer

It also took me a bit to figure out who played the Senator. In the still shots of him they looked at on the computer screen, I thought he looked familiar, but it wasn't until we saw him in the flesh that I said, Ohhh, that's Claire's dad from Heroes!
+ Full Throttle Space Tales #3: Space Grunts - "Rush"
Worf2DS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27 2012, 12:12 AM   #59
cardinal biggles
Danny Donkey hates you

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

For a moment, I thought the senator looked like Bill Paxton, but I'm sure they'd have been blasting news of that guest star from the rooftops with trumpets if it were actually the case.
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28 2012, 06:09 PM   #60
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Great episode. Glad to have it back!

It looks like the facade they will be putting on could be good for a few laughs but I agree with Christopher, I hope they don't stretch it out too long.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote