RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,407
Posts: 5,506,059
Members: 25,128
Currently online: 590
Newest member: Deidesheim

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Star Trek #39 Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old September 25 2012, 07:09 AM   #16
Mike Farley
Commodore
 
Mike Farley's Avatar
 
Location: Lost Vegas
Re: Chevy Chase says doing Community show was a "Big Mistake"

When was the last time Chevy Chase was relevant to anyone about anything?
Mike Farley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2012, 07:23 AM   #17
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Chevy Chase says doing Community show was a "Big Mistake"

After we saw the ads for Funny Farm in 1988, all the kids in class were slapping each other in the head and screaming "Mosquito!"

We were 11 going on 12.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2012, 08:23 AM   #18
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral
 
Enterprise is Great's Avatar
 
Re: Chevy Chase says doing Community show was a "Big Mistake"

What a total dickfaced asshole. Chevy...you suck!
__________________
JJverse Star Trek...ROCKED on May 17, 2013 and beyond!
Enterprise is Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2012, 08:26 AM   #19
Venardhi
Vice Admiral
 
Venardhi's Avatar
 
Location: Constant transit
Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi
Re: Chevy Chase says doing Community show was a "Big Mistake"

Cyke101 wrote: View Post
PsychoPere wrote: View Post
"It's not like I am working with the great innovators of all time, but at the same time, they are my friends."

That's an amusing line, considering he's easily the worst part of what is otherwise a fantastic show.
Which is a shame considering that the last few episodes of the last few seasons tried to redeem his character. But when he went off the deep end last year, it was pretty much over.
It became very clear to me some time in the second season that they just had no idea where to take his character. That is true of a few other characters, but it is especially notable with Pierce.
__________________
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2012, 01:46 PM   #20
Kirby
Rear Admiral
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Location: Alt: 5280
View Kirby's Twitter Profile
Re: Chevy Chase says doing Community show was a "Big Mistake"

What a tool. I really only like him in the Vacation, Christmas Vacation, and Fletch. Not impressed with his work in anything else, and he's the weakest part of Community.
__________________
Give each other $10, put it on Underhill.
Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2012, 01:55 PM   #21
Solstice
Sexy Wizard
 
Solstice's Avatar
 
Location: I'm so lost T_T
View Solstice's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Solstice Send a message via AIM to Solstice Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Solstice Send a message via Yahoo to Solstice
Re: Chevy Chase says doing Community show was a "Big Mistake"

CaptainCanada wrote: View Post
Chase has been a known asshole since his time on Saturday Night Live in the 1970s.
Yup.

It probably didn't help that he and Dan Harmon got along so poorly. If he'd gotten on better with the boss, it may have been a smoother experience.
__________________
Robert Maxwell
I has a blag.
I put on my robe and wizard hat...
Solstice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2012, 02:36 PM   #22
Seventh White Boomer
Rear Admiral
 
Seventh White Boomer's Avatar
 
Location: Jono
Re: Chevy Chase says doing Community show was a "Big Mistake"

He's nearly 70. Doing a TV show with 20-odd episodes a season isn't easy for those half his age. I think I remember reading somewhere that he said he didn't really get the humour of the show either, so he's putting in long days and there is a disconnect with what he's helping produce. Add in he doesn't get on with the former boss it's not that outlandish that he considers it a mistake to have taken on the job in the first place.

Of course it's all in the way you say it.
Seventh White Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2012, 02:37 PM   #23
Evil Twin
Rear Admiral
 
Evil Twin's Avatar
 
Re: Chevy Chase says doing Community show was a "Big Mistake"

Gary Mitchell wrote: View Post
I don't like Community and gave up on it after 3 episodes but really the lowest form of television is "reality" tv not sitcoms.
I'd urge you to give it a second chance. I gave up very early on when it originally started airing, but after reading so much good stuff about it I gave it another go and stuck with it and it's now my second favorite sitcom (after Arrested Development.)
__________________
My DVD Collection
Evil Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2012, 02:47 PM   #24
tighr
Commodore
 
tighr's Avatar
 
Location: California
Re: Chevy Chase says doing Community show was a "Big Mistake"

Evil Twin wrote: View Post
Gary Mitchell wrote: View Post
I don't like Community and gave up on it after 3 episodes but really the lowest form of television is "reality" tv not sitcoms.
I'd urge you to give it a second chance. I gave up very early on when it originally started airing, but after reading so much good stuff about it I gave it another go and stuck with it and it's now my second favorite sitcom (after Arrested Development.)
Whenever anyone tells me they don't like Community, I just have them watch season 1's Modern Warfare (the paintball episode). It was probably the first episode of Community that really drove home the whole style of the show.
__________________
~Tighr™: Not helping the situation since 1983
tighr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2012, 04:21 PM   #25
FPAlpha
Vice Admiral
 
FPAlpha's Avatar
 
Location: Mannheim, Germany
Re: Chevy Chase says doing Community show was a "Big Mistake"

tighr wrote: View Post
Evil Twin wrote: View Post
Gary Mitchell wrote: View Post
I don't like Community and gave up on it after 3 episodes but really the lowest form of television is "reality" tv not sitcoms.
I'd urge you to give it a second chance. I gave up very early on when it originally started airing, but after reading so much good stuff about it I gave it another go and stuck with it and it's now my second favorite sitcom (after Arrested Development.)
Whenever anyone tells me they don't like Community, I just have them watch season 1's Modern Warfare (the paintball episode). It was probably the first episode of Community that really drove home the whole style of the show.
Exactly.. that episode is amongst the funniest things i ever saw.. only topped by the two parter paintball episode which was even more brilliant.

My tipping point was Troy and Abend in the Morning and their Spanish Rap segment early in season 1.. i laughed so hard and hysterically that my stomach hurt!
__________________
"Zhu Li Moon.. will you do the thing for the rest of our lives?" Varrick
FPAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2012, 04:30 PM   #26
propita
Rear Admiral
 
Location: fresno, ca, us
Re: Chevy Chase says doing Community show was a "Big Mistake"

Doncha just love it when you finally get to laugh like that again? It seems to take so much to laugh sometimes.

Right now, I'm laughing every time I see the Jingo's commercial. "Not gonna happen!" The actor said it just perfectly! Oh, never heard of Jingo's, not interested in buying it, but I do love the commercial.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2012, 04:33 PM   #27
the G-man
Commodore
 
the G-man's Avatar
 
Location: to your immediate right
Re: Chevy Chase says doing Community show was a "Big Mistake"

Jono wrote: View Post
He's nearly 70. Doing a TV show with 20-odd episodes a season isn't easy for those half his age. I think I remember reading somewhere that he said he didn't really get the humour of the show either, so he's putting in long days and there is a disconnect with what he's helping produce...
Then maybe he should retire, not bad mouth his coworkers publicly.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2012, 05:26 PM   #28
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral
 
PsychoPere's Avatar
 
Re: Chevy Chase says doing Community show was a "Big Mistake"

tighr wrote: View Post
Evil Twin wrote: View Post
Gary Mitchell wrote: View Post
I don't like Community and gave up on it after 3 episodes but really the lowest form of television is "reality" tv not sitcoms.
I'd urge you to give it a second chance. I gave up very early on when it originally started airing, but after reading so much good stuff about it I gave it another go and stuck with it and it's now my second favorite sitcom (after Arrested Development.)
Whenever anyone tells me they don't like Community, I just have them watch season 1's Modern Warfare (the paintball episode). It was probably the first episode of Community that really drove home the whole style of the show.
I'm with Evil Twin and tighr - give the show another chance. It really doesn't start finding its unique voice until after those first few episodes. I too had originally given up on the show but am so glad I went back to it.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2012, 05:33 PM   #29
Jax
Admiral
 
Jax's Avatar
 
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland
Re: Chevy Chase says doing Community show was a "Big Mistake"

the lowest form of television
Thats reality Chevy, which you will be doing next
__________________
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2012, 05:40 PM   #30
Solstice
Sexy Wizard
 
Solstice's Avatar
 
Location: I'm so lost T_T
View Solstice's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Solstice Send a message via AIM to Solstice Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Solstice Send a message via Yahoo to Solstice
Re: Chevy Chase says doing Community show was a "Big Mistake"

Maybe he can star on The Biggest Loser.
__________________
Robert Maxwell
I has a blag.
I put on my robe and wizard hat...
Solstice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
chevy chase, community

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.