Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Trek Actors In War Of The Worlds Fundraiser
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Star Trek: The Next Generation Gag Reel Tease
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old September 24 2012, 09:35 PM   #16
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

Re: Assassin's Creed III

I always understood Brotherhood and Revelations as simpler, easier to produce add ons to AC2 to ensure an income for Ubisoft while they were developing AC3.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2012, 12:55 PM   #17
Jim Steele
Vice Admiral

Brotherhood was a fantastic game, every bit as good as ACII and the assassin recruitment angle was a welcome addition. Revelations definitely felt like the formula was running out of steam, but the gameplay was still pretty solid and it gives Altair and Ezio a touching send off at the end. I adored Ezio as a character, and I'll miss him.

I really don't think it's fair to dismiss AC:B and AC:R. They may not be numbered sequels, but they're both worthy entries in the series canon.
Old October 9 2012, 02:02 PM   #18
Mr Light
Admiral

AssCBro and Revelations were both solid games, though I was disappointed that Revelations did little to nothing to advance the Desmond story. Also, those tower defense games were broken and annoying.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2012, 02:44 PM   #19
Evil Twin
Rear Admiral

Tower defense was lame, but fortunately also completely avoidable (aside from the first tutorial one.) Just keep bribing heralds to keep your notoriety down and you never have to deal with it. Bombs and bomb making were a pain, I only really used them to get achievements or if a mission's full sync objective required it (I HATED the full sync thing in Bro and Rev. Let me do the mission the way *I* want to, dammit!) And adding the ability to ride a horse everywhere in Bro, only the completely remove them in Rev really sucked. But aside from those issues, they're both still good games, although 2 is still my favorite.
Old October 9 2012, 10:35 PM   #20
RoJoHen
Awesome

The only Tower Defense that I did was the first tutorial one. Other than that, I managed to play the entire game without ever encountering it again. I also never made bombs unless the game forced me to (yes, I also disliked the "Full Sync" thing).

Desmond's story is actually the part of the series that I am most interested in, and I wish more stuff took place with him in the present day.
Old October 9 2012, 10:47 PM   #21
Evil Twin
Rear Admiral

Ick no, being able to run around historic cities is the real attraction for me. If the whole Abstergo framing story didn't exist I wouldn't care one bit. I only like the virtual reality nature of it insofar as it provides a plausible explanation for all the video game-y aspects, (you don't lose health/die, that's just you losing sync with your ancestors' memories, the time jumps, etc.)
Old October 9 2012, 11:26 PM   #22
Jax
Admiral

I really enjoyed AC & AC II but the I got franchise fatigue mid way through Brotherhood, so never played Revelations. I used Wiki & Youtube to find out what goes on incase I play III which I might but not till 2013. AC was meant to be a trilogy and I just felt Ubi milked the thing too much.
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2012, 11:33 PM   #23
6079SmithW
Vice Admiral

^ They will continue to milk it until it is a dry husk. AC is Ubisoft's cash cow and they'll run with it until it is no longer profitable. I bet they've already began working on the next installment.
Old October 10 2012, 12:37 PM   #24
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

Haha, the first DLC will be:

The Tyrany of King George
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2012, 06:13 PM   #25
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Ok, I still haven't played any of the Assassin's Creed games. Totally intend to, but I have an impressive backlog. Evil George Washington looks freaking awesome though.

CorridorDigital did a cool short based on the game:

My best friend from high school is one of the ill-fated reenactors
Old October 23 2012, 07:13 PM   #26
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

6079SmithW wrote: View Post
^ They will continue to milk it until it is a dry husk. AC is Ubisoft's cash cow and they'll run with it until it is no longer profitable. I bet they've already began working on the next installment.
Probably the next two no doubt

Assassin's Creed: World War I

Assassin's Creed: World War II

Assassin's Creed: Modern Warfare
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2012, 08:29 PM   #27
RoJoHen
Awesome

I honestly think a present-day Assassin's Creed game could be really neat.

Assassin's Creed: Rockin' the Suburbs
Old October 23 2012, 09:03 PM   #28
Skywalker
Admiral

I'd still like to see an Assassin's Creed set during the Warring States period of Japan in the late 1500s. The European presence was still pretty strong in Japan at that time (prior to the Tokugawa shogunate isolating the country). And Oda Nobunaga would make for a perfect Templar antagonist.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2012, 11:48 PM   #29
Evil Twin
Rear Admiral

Yoda wrote: View Post
Ok, I still haven't played any of the Assassin's Creed games. Totally intend to, but I have an impressive backlog.
Looks like today through Friday on Steam you can get all of the games together for the low low price of $38.74. DO EET!

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/14728/
Old October 24 2012, 12:19 PM   #30
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Tempting. I have the first one for Xbox that I snagged for like 10 bucks like 3 years ago now. Maybe I'll throw it in this weekend. From what I understand it's not a particularly long game, but the sequels really improve on the original which has a lot of flaws. Will try to play with an open mind.

Seems like more of a console game to me. There's a 3 pack of the other games I don't own that is either coming or is already available for PS3 which sooner or later is going to be on a nice sale. I'll at least wait for Steam holiday sales before biting on anything. The multi game packs especially are always crazy good deals.