New Star Trek Funko Pop! Vinyl Figures
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

QMx Mini Phaser Ornament

Stewart as Neo-Nazi Skinhead

Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old August 21 2012, 09:06 PM   #166
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Re: Space Battleship Yamato 2199

Did they include those odd little bee people?
Old August 21 2012, 09:46 PM   #167
Ithekro
Fleet Captain

The Live Action Movie (and the theatrical release of the first series) do not include the Bee People. The Live Action Movie didn't stop to land people on any planets until they reached their destination.

Yamato 2199 has not gotten that far into the story. If they encounter the Bee Peoples it won't be until Chapter 4 at the earliest. The General Director did say we would see that planet again, but it would not be the same story as before.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25 2012, 03:43 AM   #168
Ithekro
Fleet Captain

A preview for Chapter 3 (episodes 7-10) has come out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_HPbAHI9AI

Looks like a small fleet battle plus some interesting stuff going on.
Old August 26 2012, 07:11 AM   #169
zakkrusz
Rear Admiral

Well since I missed the initial Space Battleship Yamato train (and the available DVDs are priced too rich for my blood) I did jump on board this updated incarnation instead. So far I'm enjoying it.

I also recently watched the live action movie, which was pretty decent.
Old August 27 2012, 05:17 AM   #170
Ithekro
Fleet Captain

A HD verision of the trailer for the next Yamato release. (Same as above but in better quality).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ-MCnj2Gg8
Old September 23 2012, 06:00 AM   #171
Ithekro
Fleet Captain

About two months now before the BD come out for sale.

Chapter Three comes into 12 theaters on October 13th.

Yamato2199.net has most of the information (in Japanese) while Starblazers.com has much of it in English is some form, but usually delayed to the beginning of each month for the translators to catch up.

Sales of the to previous chapters is averaging about 35,000 units of DVD and BD together as of the Ides of September.
Old September 23 2012, 06:28 PM   #172
Noname Given
Vice Admiral

Ithekro wrote: View Post
Sales of the to previous chapters is averaging about 35,000 units of DVD and BD together as of the Ides of September.
Is that considered 'good' for something like this in Japan? (Just curious as I like what they've done with it so far and would like to see them be able to complete the project.)
Noname Given is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2012, 08:18 PM   #173
bullethead
Fleet Captain

Noname Given wrote: View Post
Is that considered 'good' for something like this in Japan? (Just curious as I like what they've done with it so far and would like to see them be able to complete the project.)
I think so. IIRC Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere got 20K BD sales for its first season (13 episodes), which allowed them to greenlight the second season. People think that if the second season gets the same sales number, they'll greenlight a third season.
Old September 25 2012, 08:46 PM   #174
Ithekro
Fleet Captain

Well the really high selling series sell in the 40K-45K range with very, very few series selling over that in the last decade.

Guessing Top 20 in anime sales for the last decade. I could be wrong, but I'm thinking series rather than stand along movies.
Old September 28 2012, 10:12 AM   #175
Drago-Kazov
Fleet Captain

Is there going to be an english trailer too?
Drago-Kazov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28 2012, 02:08 PM   #176
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

They ---might--- make an English subtitled trailer. Other than that? Unlikely.
Old September 28 2012, 05:55 PM   #177
bullethead
Fleet Captain

Drago-Kazov wrote: View Post
Is there going to be an english trailer too?
Not until they decide to bring it stateside, which is gonna be awhile. Depending on how long 2199 is going to be, we might not get it for a few years.
Old October 1 2012, 09:29 PM   #178
zakkrusz
Rear Admiral

^Or if the legal streaming website, Crunchyroll, picks up the series you may see one sooner.

Well the really high selling series sell in the 40K-45K range with very, very few series selling over that in the last decade.

Guessing Top 20 in anime sales for the last decade. I could be wrong, but I'm thinking series rather than stand along movies.
I'm guessing the chart toppers probably include Bakemonogatari and Madoka Magica as well, what with how insanely popular they are.
Old October 2 2012, 02:49 AM   #179
Ithekro
Fleet Captain

Well those, I think possibly Fate/Zero, and most things Gundam, with I think Gundam Seed topping the chart, or prehaps Gundam Unicorn (which is having a similar lease style as Yamato 2199).

Gundam have pretty much been around the entire time since the late 1970s. Yamato went mostly quiet for a decade or two. It didn't vanish, as you could find parodies and homages to it almost every year. But the old girl herself stayed quiet on television.

Now with the number of theaters expanding for the Chatper 3 release...I wonder if "Yamato Fever" will strike again.

(The 10 minute preview for Episode 7 was released today by Bandai Channel (region locked)...there will be copies of it around the internet at least until the episode is released in two weeks.)
Old October 2 2012, 03:04 AM   #180
bullethead
Fleet Captain

zakkrusz wrote: View Post
^Or if the legal streaming website, Crunchyroll, picks up the series you may see one sooner.
With the odd release structure the show has, I doubt we'll see Crunchy pick it up until a little later in its run, if at all.

Then again, the Bandai YouTube channel would be a great way to release the episodes to people in Japan and overseas if they didn't put their stupid region locking on it like they did with Gundam AGE.