RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,411
Members: 24,630
Currently online: 459
Newest member: DasGeneral

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old September 22 2012, 06:00 AM   #1
Sumghai
Lieutenant

25th Century Starfleet Uniforms

[Full size here]

Based on designs seen in IDW's Star Trek: Countdown graphic novel, Cryptic Studios' Star Trek Online MMORPG, and various Star Trek TV series from TNG onwards.

Probably one of the most substantial vector art projects I've undertaken to date.

Departmental Colors

Red = Command, Tactical, Security
Gold = Engineering and Operations
Blue = Science and Medical

Notes

Duty Uniforms
General-purpose work uniforms designed for comfort. Nanoweave fabric absorb a significant portion of discharge from energy weapons, increasing survivability.

Dress Uniforms
For formal occasions such as award ceremonies, change of command and funerals.

Admiralty Jackets
Most Starfleet Command flag officers would wear the standard command red version. For those in charge of special commands e.g Admiral Beverly Crusher of Starfleet Medical or Admiral Montgomery Scott of SCE, sciences blue and engineering gold variants are available.

Mess Uniforms
The equivalent of formal evening wear, or for hosting dignitaries. Starfleet Band uniform is based on conjecture from Star Trek Nemesis

Academy Cadet Uniforms
The nature of "Declared" means that some cadets may take courses across departments, in which case the uniform denotes their major.

Cadets serving aboard ships and starbases would probably wear regular duty uniforms with cadet ranks.

Academy Staff Uniforms
Administration Staff uniforms are again based on conjecture.

Academy Services denote amenities like groundskeepers, technical staff, tailors etc.

Undershirts / Undergarments
Self-explanatory. I do suspect females would have a wider choice of colors, though.

Cold Weather Jacket
Inspired by the low-key and practical designs seen in Star Trek: Enterprise.

Physical Training
Can alternatively be used as as excursion uniforms for hotter climates.

Surgical Scrub
The red used in TNG's scrubs are hideous, so I've opted for a nice pastel blue.

Extra-vehicular activity (EVA)
Probably the most challenging to recreate based on a handful of reference images.

Section 31
Black leather jackets and trousers for a department that, well, doesn't really exist

Not planned

Nurse Uniforms - They're medical staff.

Counsellor Uniforms - In ST: ODY, counsellors are also considered part of the medical department.

Diplomatic Corps - Comfortable civilian clothes under a robe would suffice.

Starfighter Corps - I consider Peregrine crews as volunteers from the complements of various ships, rather than a dedicated unit.

Marines - Absolutely not. Starfleet is a peacekeeping and exploration organisation, and only as a last resort do they use military force to protect their interests.

LCARS color scheme inspired from STO.

Last edited by Sumghai; September 22 2012 at 08:23 AM.
Sumghai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2012, 06:18 AM   #2
sojourner
Vice Admiral

Re: 25th Century Starfleet Uniforms

Very cool, I always liked the long coat variants. I especially like the admiralty uniforms.
Old September 22 2012, 08:53 AM   #3
Albertese
Commodore

Whoa! The female Cadets and Academy staff wear miniskirts and go topless?!?! Jim Kirk was born 200 years too early. I see some Ferengi cultural influence here...or else just Gene Roddenberry...

(Just kidding, I see what you did there...)

--Alex
Old September 22 2012, 03:05 PM   #4
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser

Cool Uniforms
Old September 22 2012, 05:49 PM   #5
bullethead
Fleet Captain

My only quibble is that the admiralty long coats look kinda weird with the asymmetric clasp line. That works with a shirt, but it gets more impractical the longer the outfit is.
Old September 22 2012, 11:57 PM   #6
Sumghai
Lieutenant

Albertese wrote: View Post
Whoa! The female Cadets and Academy staff wear miniskirts and go topless?!?! Jim Kirk was born 200 years too early. I see some Ferengi cultural influence here...or else just Gene Roddenberry...

(Just kidding, I see what you did there...)
BAHAHAHAH!

But seriously, I simply got lazy ;P

bullethead wrote: View Post
My only quibble is that the admiralty long coats look kinda weird with the asymmetric clasp line. That works with a shirt, but it gets more impractical the longer the outfit is.
I see what you mean, although I was recreating what was in Star Trek Online.
Old September 23 2012, 03:02 AM   #7
bullethead
Fleet Captain

Sumghai wrote: View Post
bullethead wrote: View Post
I see what you mean, although I was recreating what was in Star Trek Online.
Not having played STO, I was unaware. I will now aim my ire at them
Old September 23 2012, 07:17 PM   #8
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Any chance you could send the dress uniform idea to the STO guys and convince them to put it in the game?
Hartzilla2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2012, 12:00 AM   #9
Sumghai
Lieutenant

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Any chance you could send the dress uniform idea to the STO guys and convince them to put it in the game?
My ST:ODY Dress Uniforms are merely simplifications of the Veteran Jupiter jacket(s)* in STO.

There are also legal issues regarding commercial companies using fan art, so I'm going to pass on that one.

*Nope, I don't have a sub.
Old October 11 2012, 10:10 PM   #10
bluepicard27
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Location: the village of glenfinnan on the shores of loch shiel

nice
bluepicard27 is offline   Reply With Quote