Voyager Bridge Via The Oculus Rift
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Miles Away Glyph Award Nominations
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Q Meets NuTrek Crew
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

Pine In Talks For Drama
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old September 21 2012, 06:34 AM   #46
DestinyCaptain
Commander

Location: U.S.S. Destiny NCC-720 Leif Ericson II Class Explorer
Re: Star Trek: Renegades

batboy853 wrote: View Post
Johnny wrote: View Post
Danlav05 wrote: View Post

That looked quite good, I contacted them about a year ago but alas no reply. They' were in Birmingham UK, and the bridge did look good.

Few hours to the news now folks...
Sorry Danlav05, I must have missed that somehow. I've not been on here in years. I love it when someone or a group builds a set, I love the look so it'll be interesting to see what they've come up with.

Unfortunately our set ended up being most of a local councils bonfire.

Whoa welcome back! I know this is off topic, but what happened to your fanfilm? is it going to be released someplace?

they could always contact this person and see if his bridge is available?
http://subspacecommunique.com/node/499

WHY and HOW did I never hear about this? This had gotta go to a fan film.
DestinyCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2012, 06:47 AM   #47
DestinyCaptain
Commander

Location: U.S.S. Destiny NCC-720 Leif Ericson II Class Explorer

Maurice wrote: View Post

What do you mean by 'buttoned-up'?
J.
Meaning the set didn't have wild walls that could be moved so that the camera could shoot into the set from outside.
Ah! No it was screwed together top to bottom, front to back. Took some doing getting it apart as well! The studio walls were only half a metre behind the set anyway.

Okay, Johnny... Dude, if you're not gonna finish this thing, then please post as much imagry as you can. I LOVE this production. I can't even find the images that used to be on the Hyperion thread anymore. It was great stuff. Loved all of it. The set building pics were great. The combadge fabrication was great. The raw ship models..great.
DestinyCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2012, 08:47 AM   #48
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Yep, officially don't like it.. ah well.
Why is it the majority of fan productions feel it necessary to remove the familiarity from whatever they produce? ie: banding on uniforms, or combadge alterations? I get the same feeling with things like that as I do when I see a wobbly set. :/

I never understood why people complained so much about fan productions... you'd think they paid to watch them or something.
Old September 21 2012, 09:21 AM   #49
captainkirk
Commander

You'd also think that they had to watch them. Fan films won't affect the future of Star Trek and you don't have to watch them. So any complaints should be constructive. Then the productions can be improved, the viewers will enjoy it more, and everyone will be happy.
captainkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2012, 11:37 AM   #50
Johnny
Commander

R. Star wrote: View Post
Yep, officially don't like it.. ah well.
Why is it the majority of fan productions feel it necessary to remove the familiarity from whatever they produce? ie: banding on uniforms, or combadge alterations? I get the same feeling with things like that as I do when I see a wobbly set. :/

I never understood why people complained so much about fan productions... you'd think they paid to watch them or something.
Because if you put something out for public approval, expect praise AND critisim. And I don't think there's a great deal of complaining going on about fan productions, it's just the negative comments are more likely to get disagreed with.

If someone says 'Great!' no one bats an eye-lid.
However say 'I hate this!', and everyone rally's.

Even so, my general critism is that fan productions change what star trek looks like, and therefore I tend to lose the familiarity, closely followed by my interest.

I'm not angry about it, I just have my view... and I enjoy productions that fit my views of what star trek should be.

All the best.
Old September 21 2012, 05:39 PM   #51
GSchnitzer
Co-Executive Producer

Send a message via AIM to GSchnitzer Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to GSchnitzer Send a message via Yahoo to GSchnitzer

Fan productions change what star trek looks like, and therefore I tend to lose the familiarity, closely followed by my interest.
Well, given enough time, actual canonical Star Trek productions change what Star Trek looks like, too. Fan productions don't have a corner on the market for making changes in the Star Trek universe. After nerarly fifty years, the Star Trek universe has changed--sometimes subtly, sometimes dramatically.

And, for that matter, after fifty years, even real universes change, too. I'd be surprised if the Star Trek universe exists in some kind of statis chamber--impervious to the effects of time.
http://www.startrekphase2.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3348883/
GSchnitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2012, 08:28 PM   #52
Johnny
Commander

GSchnitzer wrote: View Post
Fan productions change what star trek looks like, and therefore I tend to lose the familiarity, closely followed by my interest.
Well, given enough time, actual canonical Star Trek productions change what Star Trek looks like, too. Fan productions don't have a corner on the market for making changes in the Star Trek universe. After nerarly fifty years, the Star Trek universe has changed--sometimes subtly, sometimes dramatically.

And, for that matter, after fifty years, even real universes change, too. I'd be surprised if the Star Trek universe exists in some kind of statis chamber--impervious to the effects of time.
Its true that even the cononical star trek will change with time, though with fan productions the longevity is not necessarily gauranteed and coincidentily is more difficult to become familiar with characters, ships, environment, especially if there are changes to what is expected from a certain era. And that's where my reservation lies.
Old September 28 2012, 04:52 PM   #53
Tom
Rear Admiral

Edit GLS

Last edited by GSchnitzer; January 20 2013 at 05:57 PM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2012, 02:44 PM   #54
Tom
Rear Admiral

Edit GLS

Last edited by GSchnitzer; January 20 2013 at 05:57 PM.
Old October 19 2012, 06:04 PM   #55
Danlav05
Lieutenant Commander

Edit GLS

Last edited by GSchnitzer; January 20 2013 at 05:58 PM.
Danlav05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2012, 07:20 PM   #56
Tom
Rear Admiral

Edit GLS

Last edited by GSchnitzer; January 20 2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old October 20 2012, 03:25 PM   #57
Linnear
Lieutenant Commander

Very good news Tom.
Linnear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26 2012, 07:47 PM   #58
batboy853
Lieutenant

if this production is still looking for a next gen set.... set restoration project
it might take a few years tho...
batboy853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5 2012, 11:01 PM   #59
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

Two new additions to the cast:

We are pleased to announce that actress Larissa Gomes (Saw VI, Saw 3D) and actress/stunt performer Tarah Paige (Make It or Break It, Rise of the Planet of the Apes) have joined the Renegades cast!

Larissa joins the Renegades cast as T'Leah, a beautiful but deadly Romulan assassin.

Tarah joins the Renegades cast as Crystal "C.C." Petronia, a former Starfleet Officer now running with the Renegade crew.
Source:
ST:R November Newsletter

IMDB pages:
Larissa Gomes
Tarah Paige

I noticed that Tarah has had extensive stuntwork experience. I'm wondering if they were intentionally looking for a stuntwoman for that role.
Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10 2012, 12:41 AM   #60
andriech
Commander

Send a message via AIM to andriech

captainkirk wrote: View Post
Fan films won't affect the future of Star Trek.
Absolutely not true. TPTB attribute the return to the TOS Enterprise (JJ Trek) to the popularity they saw in TOS fan films.