Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Marvel has filed to claim the Miracleman trade mark and already own Marvelman. Which makes sense, as the character has appeared under both names.

I'll idly speculate that one name can be used to continue the story started by Moore, while the other can be used to bring Marvelman into the Marvel Universe.:p The most powerful hero in the Marvel Universe is a Brit!!!!! :evil:

Realistically they just don't want anyone else using the name.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ben was just following a girl. Flamebird? he was following her, and spent too much time hanging out with the west coast Avengers that they thought that he was into them. Ben wasn't. Hawkeye asked him to sign up. He said no thank you and rolled off into the sunset with the girl who starts crying... "Why didn't they ask me? I wanted to be an Avenger, but they didn't ask me."

3. Guy Gardener

There was an avengers spoltlight, solo avengers (A mini series.)from about a year or two back, maybe before he died, where Johnny had a big blub about how he had never been asked to join the Avengers.

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just finished reading Fantastic Four #610. Next month is the final issue of Jonathan Hickman's glorious run. I have said this before and I most likely will continue to say it during Fraction's run...he's going to be missed so much. What a glorious bastard. I can't wait to see what he has in mind for his grand finale. The cover teases the Future Foundation along with Galactus and Silver Surfer on it.

I noticed on I believe the Fraction FF cover we have who I assume is an older Johnny Storm? I don't know who it is. I don't think it's older Franklin, it's a dude with long gray hair and an eye patch. Also I found it curious on the Fantastic Four cover that Val looks a little older on it.

Also that New Avengers cover...it should be noted all those characters are Illuminanti :) Edit: Ah never mind. The article did note that. LOL

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  5. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Huh. We didn't get any previews for next week's books from CBR, Newsarama, and so forth. They're usually on-line by Thursday evening.

6. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Haven't bought a comic in years, feel so out of touch, but some of those X-books actually look like they're getting good again. Part of me wants to check it out but part of me's scared to start getting into back into it...

7. Turtletrekker

^The Marvel Now! books are supposed to be good jumping on points for pretty much the entire line. Building on what came before, of course, but with new story-arcs and fresh approaches.

8. Guy Gardener

With how they're melding the mutants into the Avengers and other teams, it almost seems like they're trading hostages so that another war doesn't start up.

Actually?

If fear itself had finished differently, lasted longer or the Phoenix turned up sooner?

The Serpent vs. the Phoenix?

What if comics always seem like a good idea on the cover.

9. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It could be Reed's father, Nathaniel Richards. He's usually hanging out with the Richards kids. Could have been Johnny, but more likely Nathaniel. He was around way back in the 90s when Franklin was sent to the future and came back with a pony tail and fronted FANTASTIC FORCE! Yes. It was as... 90s as it sounds.

But Reed's old man has been around for a quite a while now actually, at least a couple years. I think since just after Civil War. And Valeria seems to like hanging out with him

10. Guy Gardener

So when did Nathaniel admit he was lying when he claimed to be Doom's father as well?

They swept a lot of shit under the rug with Heroes Reborn.

11. Nick Ryder

Well the storyline that brought him back in - and I think how they wiped away the previous Nathaniel Richards, was that there were like a lot of alternate realities and each had a Nathaniel Richards and each of them were being hunted by their Celestials or something and of course they had a story where all those alternate Reeds who also hunted down their Dr. Dooms, killed them or made them slaves.

I need to go back into my Marvel Digital Unlimited database and see what issues those were. But yeah it was a weird storyline - the way they played it was that this Nathaniel Richards IS this Reed's real father. All the others were from other realities and he's the last one left because

12. Guy Gardener

There can be only one.

13. Turtletrekker

I think we may get some illumination about Nathaniel when (if) we ever see the end of Hickman's SHEILD series.

14. Nick Ryder

I had to admit, after reading SHIELD and then reading the other FF issues with Soooper Genius Nathaniel Richards, I kinda like the character more.

Although they make Howard Stark a lot nicer in SHIELD, not the raging asshole he usually is portrayed.

15. Guy Gardener

Where else have you met Howard StarK?

Compared to Brian Banner he has to be a walk in the park.

16. Nick Ryder

Well I'm reminded of some early/mid 90s Iron Man comics where they had Howard as this real asshole constantly berating Tony, or even in the Iron Man 2 tie in comics where he's riding Tony pretty hard of course I suppose war and other shit can change a man. Tony was pretty much an asshole from from Disassembled through Secret Invasion

17. Admiral_Young

I don't believe it was Reed's dad. The character was wearing an eye patch, looked more slender and had long "bright" gray hair. I was thinking that perhaps Future Val and Franklin might have got stuck in the present somehow and are going to be sticking around. Or perhaps it was a variant cover and I'm reading too much into this.

18. Admiral_Young

There is new speculation that the "Superior" announcement MAY have to do with Spider-Man now. Of course this is just sheer speculation. Dan Slott has been working on the plot of Amazing Spider-Man #700 recently and tweeted and posted on facebook that he's expecting/anticipating a lot of hate mail from the fandom for what he has planned. We've already been told that the issue will be a "game changer" and affect the entire Marvel Universe.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marvel-nycc-superior-announcement-2013.html

19. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well I hope it isn't something lame like killing Peter Parker AGAIN.

20. Admiral_Young

I seriously doubt that, although I am anticipating another major character death. Peter's decree of "No More Deaths" hasn't exactly worked out well for him lately. He made this declaration after Marla Jameson was killed in the Spider-Slayer story line. For some reason I feel like Hobgoblin is going to be involved heavily in the issue. Slott has been setting up Phil for something huge down the road.