RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,695
Members: 24,829
Currently online: 513
Newest member: 713brianp27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old September 15 2012, 04:15 PM   #1
The Overlord
Captain

Best and worst comic book movies

What are the best and worst comic book movies?
The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2012, 04:57 PM   #2
NrobbieC
Commander

Re: Best and worst comic book movies

Personally I'm very fond of the X-Men films and Green Lantern, I also enjoyed the Blade trilogy. That's really it for me and CBMs, the rest have either been varying levels of awful or just failed to encourage me with dull trailers.
NrobbieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2012, 06:24 PM   #3
JD
Admiral

My favorites would be the Raimi Spider-Man, X-Men, Nolan Batman, and MCU movies.
Old September 15 2012, 06:37 PM   #4
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

Best: Nolan's Batman trilogy, The Avengers, X-Men First Class. Captain America, Iron Man and Spider-man 2 bubbling under.

Worst: I've avoided many of the ones that got the worst reviews, but I'd have to say that Batman and Robin, Elektra and Catwoman spring to mind.
Old September 15 2012, 07:16 PM   #5
M'rk, son of Mogh
Rear Admiral

Best comic book movies: Dark Knight Rises, Blade 3, X-Men 3, Green Lantern, Steel, Catwoman, Batman & Robin, Elektra and the Salinger Captain America movie.

That's as high as art can get, my friends.
M'rk, son of Mogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2012, 07:18 PM   #6
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

^I'm guessing that you want to insert the words ' and Worst' in there somewhere? Or are you really bracketing Dark Knight Rises in with those others?
Old September 15 2012, 07:22 PM   #7
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

Best ever: The Avengers. Period. List done.

Worst ever: Batman and Robin. Might as well have starred Adam West and Burt Ward.

-Tom Clancy
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2012, 07:31 PM   #8
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

^That's completely unfair.

West and Ward had much better comic timing and chemistry than Clooney and O'Donnell.
Old September 15 2012, 07:49 PM   #9
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Are we counting tv-movies? 'Cause that gawdawful GENERATION X movie has to be down there near the bottom.
Old September 15 2012, 08:10 PM   #10
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Vice Admiral

Best: Batman Begins
Worst: Dark Knight Rises

That film was gawdawful, despite being, on the surface, well made. Is it realistic or isn't? All that overly-layered narrative crap and overediting doesn't disguise the fact the story underneath it all is shallow, paper-thin and a total cliche. What makes it the worst is that it tries to pass it off as being as good as its predecessors, but is far removed from either of them.
Old September 15 2012, 08:38 PM   #11
Mr_Homn
Captain

Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote: View Post
That film was gawdawful, despite being, on the surface, well made. Is it realistic or isn't? All that overly-layered narrative crap and overediting doesn't disguise the fact the story underneath it all is shallow, paper-thin and a total cliche. What makes it the worst is that it tries to pass it off as being as good as its predecessors, but is far removed from either of them.
I agree, Dark Knight Rises was a complete disappointment, unlike the two before it. Bruce Wayne's broken back is fixed by a karate chop... and this is supposed to be a realistic batman movie? Ugh. That wouldn't have even worked in the 60s tv show.

Personally my favorite comic book movie is probably Blade. Wesley Snipes IS Blade. It's also extremely violent and R rated, which is not only rare among comic book movies, but rare at all these days. I think both of the blade sequels suck, though. Well, the second one is okay, but the third one is awful.
Old September 15 2012, 08:46 PM   #12
The Overlord
Captain

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
Are we counting tv-movies? 'Cause that gawdawful GENERATION X movie has to be down there near the bottom.
No, TV movies are generally not designed to compete with theatrical releases, so I think its only fair to compare just films that had a theatrical releases.
The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2012, 10:28 PM   #13
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

Best: Avengers, Batman (1989), X-Men First Class, Captain America, Thor 1, Iron man 1 & 2, The Incredible Hulk

Worst: The Dark Knight (I'd go into specifics, but then I'd have a 5000 word post about why its the worst movie of any type I've ever seen, and I don't have the energy for that right now ), Catwoman, Steel, Hulk, Green Lantern (not the worst movie ever, but Reynolds/whoever played Carol sucked), Captain America (the reb brown movies).

I like most of the ones not mentioned (the mainstream ones), even X3 and Spider-Man 3.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2012, 10:35 PM   #14
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

Best: Dark Knight, Iron man, The Rocketeer, x2, Superman, Batman (Adam West)
Worst (of the ones I've seen): Green Lantern (awful, awful, awful) X3, Superman 3, 4, Batman and Robin--which is probably the worst on the list for me. Wait. Spiderman 3, that's also a bucket of crap.
Old September 16 2012, 12:00 AM   #15
M'rk, son of Mogh
Rear Admiral

Captaindemotion wrote: View Post
^I'm guessing that you want to insert the words ' and Worst' in there somewhere? Or are you really bracketing Dark Knight Rises in with those others?
Even though I jokingly put those all as best, I group them all together, including Rises.

Yup, to me, Rises is indeed on the same level as Steel. Saw them both once, glad I never have to do that again (at least with Steel I knew what I was getting into, and it was free and on TV)
M'rk, son of Mogh is offline   Reply With Quote