Yelchin In New Indie Thriller
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies I-X

Star Trek Movies I-X Discuss the first ten big screen outings in this forum!

Old September 14 2012, 10:50 PM   #31
Rarewolf
Rear Admiral

Re: Generations deleted scenes

Grant wrote: View Post
I have no problen believing there is a 'workprink' of Generations that got out---
I have a copy of it, somewhere, but I'm not watched it since long before the special edition DVD came out. I assumed most of the extra footage was in the deleted scenes package on there.
Old September 14 2012, 11:02 PM   #32
Grant
Fleet Captain

Rarewolf wrote: View Post
I have no problen believing there is a 'workprink' of Generations that got out---
I have a copy of it, somewhere, but I'm not watched it since long before the special edition DVD came out. I assumed most of the extra footage was in the deleted scenes package on there.

Actually no, only a few deleted scenes made the DVD/Blu-ray. I saw the rest on crappy youtube type videos that DID look like I was watching it through a guys afro.

I have to admit Generations is the only Trek movie that I DON'T give a damn about the deleted scenes. I only wanted to see the 'post-Kirk death' Chekov/Scott scene.
Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2012, 12:36 AM   #33
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Horse Man

Send a message via ICQ to Rainbow Dash Send a message via AIM to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Yahoo to Rainbow Dash

J. Allen wrote: View Post
You know what's kind of wierd is that the novelization of TWOK contains a scene (never shot) of David giving mouth-to-mouth to Sulu after a phaser explosion--no lie!

Did those two gentlemen object to the scene?
Go on... er... not that I'm interested or anything.

Me neither!

Actually the script (scene 199-206) has a scene where an explosion throws Sulu from his chair and David "helps him"---that was not filmed.

But, working from the script the novelization expands that to him giving Sulu CPR.
Really? That's pretty cool! I would have liked to have seen that.

"...if you got rid of all the autism genetics, you wouldn't have science or art. All you would have is a bunch of social ‘yak yaks.'" - Temple Grandin
-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Brony Kingdom
Rainbow Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2012, 02:33 AM   #34
Peach Wookiee
Cuddly Mod of Doom

R. Star wrote: View Post
^ You know you could have said that without coming across as a jerk.
I'd rather be a jerk than a nut or a liar.

The opening post is the same as me saying aliens abducted me last night--you can't 'prove' I'm lying, but chances ARE I'm a nut or liar.

To say the scenes he speaks of in the opening post were in a theatrical cut of Generations and using 'his friend' as 'proof' are just beyond lame.

Lursa mentions Geordi 'taking a bath' and now that turns into a cut where he 'remembers' Geordi taking a shower and 'commenting' on it to his friend during the movie--that's just bizarre.
His friend commenting on Data's sexual outburst during the scene where Data's chip goes haywire? That not just false it's kind of sick.

We have all misremembered a line or a brief scene that we may have read or heard of from a novel or whatever, but declaring with certainty and metioning all the particulars of an event that clearly never happened seem very strange.

He either has serious problems or is just looking for attention.

And forgive me if I'm wrong but didn't the same poster ALSO claim to have seen theatrically another version of another Trek movie with scenes that were NOT in the theatrical cut. Really?

So, Paramount is showing alternate versions of the Trek movies where ever this guy goes--just for him?

Yeah, i'm being a jerk. Glad I'm a jerk and not crazy.

And why do people pander and try to come up with reasons why this person might have thought he saw this stuff. He DIDN'T and it's not just simple misremembering.
Grant, I'd strongly advise you not to be so personal in the future. You're bordering on something that would require an official warning. So cool it. R. Star didn't deserve that. What I'm reading is that he did misremember so strongly that he mixed the novelization with his memory of the movie. There are times I can picture scenes from the novel "Q-in-Law" as vividly as if it were an episode in season 3.
Peach Wookiee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2012, 02:37 AM   #35
los2188
Commander

Maurice wrote: View Post
First, they don't usually change films when going to home video, so it's unlikely they removed scenes from the theatrical cut before it went to video. Second, I saw the same film in theaters and I don't recall the scenes you are discussing. It's more likely you're misremembering or that you somehow saw a preview screening of the film before its finished form. Have you tried looking at the screenplays for the film to see if any of what you're remembering was in it?
No. I am 100% of those scenes in that movie specifically because of the comments that were made while watching it. The Geordi shower scene was one of those, "oh so that's what they do in the 24th century" type moments, seeing that they shower like "normal." I remember seeing his feet to right above his calves. I can't speak to some of the other scenes, but those that I listed WERE in the theatrical version that I saw so many years ago. I'd bet my own life on it.
Old September 15 2012, 02:44 AM   #36
los2188
Commander

None of those scenes were ever in any theatrical cut of Generations. Geordi shower scene? Are you serious?
Data referencing his sexual encounter with Tasha during his overload?

If you think you saw those scenes in a cut of the movie --quit taking drugs.

Honestly, it justs sounds like you are making stuff up.

They show a shorter version of the Georgdi torture scene in the movie, but never aired the full-length version in the theater.
First of all, I never said that Data referenced his sexual encounter with Tasha. If you read what I typed, you'll see that my friend and I spoke about about his burst of sexual emotion being from when he was with Tasha Yar. Do you understand that now? Do I need to repeat what I typed? Secondly...I honestly don't give a damn if you think I'm making this up or not. I take offense to the drug reference as well. So take your comments...and...well...figure out the rest if you can. Do you need me to tell you?
Old September 15 2012, 02:49 AM   #37
los2188
Commander

I'll correct myself--he earlier started a thread where he claimed to 'have seen a 'bootlegged' copy of Nemesis' that included all the deleted scenes including parts that were not in the extensive deleted scenes section on the Blu-ray. The scenes were cut into the movie and not separate. So he somehow got hold of a 'bootlegged' rough cut of Nemesis that none of us have ever seen or heard of.

I'm very certain that if such a thing existed it wouldn't be widely available on the black market at cons and such. That would never happen. Only a single copy floating around for him to see.

I believe he said that the FX for the deleted scenes were in finished form.

Really, they spent tons of money to finalize FX for scenes that didn't make the general cut, that us mere mortals didn't see?

I can't wait to hear what other versions of the Trek movies he has seen that no one else has.

And I'll re-correct myself---he DOES claim that the alternate version of Nemesis was in the theaters! The copy he saw was filmed in the theater and he could see a guy in the audiences' afro with a pick sticking out of it!

So a version of Nemesis that included EVERY deleted scene from the Blu-ray and even MORE WAS shown theatrically and he recently saw it. So he can't be mis-remembering that can he.

Yep, the 2 hour 40 minute version of Nemesis WAS shown theatrically and he recently saw it in bootleg form and I/we can't 'prove' he's a fibber.

I guess I have sown the wind.......

no comment.

Last edited by los2188; September 15 2012 at 05:10 AM.
los2188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2012, 03:02 AM   #38
los2188
Commander

You know what...I apologize. I shouldn't let what some other person thinks bother me, nor should I have used such strong language. That's really not in my nature to do. You can believe what I am saying, or not, but those specific scenes brought out a pretty memorable reaction from me when I saw them and that's why I remember it so clearly. As I said before, the other scenes I can't speak of seeing at all. As far as the bootleg Nemesis that I saw, it is what it is and that's just all there is to it. When I saw the movie in theaters, I did not see some of those same scenes as in this bootleg, but honestly, I don't care who believes me or not. I come here for the discussion and that's all.
Old September 15 2012, 03:24 AM   #39
Maurice
Vice Admiral

View Maurice's Twitter Profile

^^^You do realize that for a short time after posting you can edit and delete your posts. It might be better to delete/amend the comments you are apologizing for than leave them standing.
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2012, 06:33 AM   #40
Tiberius
Commodore

Maurice wrote: View Post
First, they don't usually change films when going to home video, so it's unlikely they removed scenes from the theatrical cut before it went to video. Second, I saw the same film in theaters and I don't recall the scenes you are discussing. It's more likely you're misremembering or that you somehow saw a preview screening of the film before its finished form. Have you tried looking at the screenplays for the film to see if any of what you're remembering was in it?
I have a clear memory of watching Back to the Future part 3 in the cinemas, and there was a bit of dialogue cut from the scene where Marty's going back in time at the drive in. Doc gives him a gun and says that if Marty can't save him, get the son a bitch who kills him. I remember it clearly because I was only about six or seven at the time and I was surprised they sad a naughty word.
Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2012, 06:54 AM   #41
DonIago
Rear Admiral

View DonIago's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to DonIago Send a message via AIM to DonIago Send a message via Yahoo to DonIago

Does anyone else remember the cut of ESB where Vader reveals that he's Luke's uncle?
DonIago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2012, 01:57 PM   #42
Joker
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Joker

And at the risk of getting kicked in the nuts from every angle I don't believe the Joker either.
A single tear rolls down my butt cheek.

The scene I outlined was referenced in the UK Star Trek magazine edition from that period. I also recall seeing it during the movie.

It was real, gone in the VHS and every release since.
Old September 15 2012, 04:12 PM   #43
Grant
Fleet Captain

You thnk saying you'd "bet your life on it" will change anybody's mind?
The Mod tries to bail you out by stating that you probably mis-remembered and others have said the same and you counter with "it's so true I'd bet my life on it" ?? Even though the Nemesis 'bootleg' you claim you saw very recently couldn't be a case of mis-remembering something from years/decades ago.

Any intelligent person knows what is up here and it's not another theatrical version of various Trek movies being show in cinema back in the day--that only YOU, among all the Trek fanatics here, saw.
You can't pull this stuff here--there are way too many informed people to get away with it.

But, I do look forward to your third thread involving 'versions of Trek movies only you have seen in the theater. It's makes for stimulating conversation.

Now go read your novels and scripts and check out the deleted scenes sections of DVDs and then make a list of how you saw those scenes in the theatrical cut back in the day.
I'm so jealous of what you have been lucky enough to see!
Old September 15 2012, 04:26 PM   #44
Grant
Fleet Captain

Joker wrote: View Post
And at the risk of getting kicked in the nuts from every angle I don't believe the Joker either.
A single tear rolls down my butt cheek.

The scene I outlined was referenced in the UK Star Trek magazine edition from that period. I also recall seeing it during the movie.

It was real, gone in the VHS and every release since.

Wow, that's strong proof we all now believe in.
Gee, I wonder how many of the posters here saw Generations in theater and how many of us remember that shot?

Wow, only you. But you have a magazine article that YOU remember seeing, but of course, none of us can read that article.

Sir, you have made your case.

I apologize to R Star, I meant him no offense.
Old September 15 2012, 05:49 PM   #45
Joker
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Joker

Who the fuck is "we"?

The only one shitting himself here is you. Thanks for the nice creepy private message.

I'm not really bothered about proving the existence of 1-2 deleted seconds to a guy whose life appears to depend on it. I mentioned it because a) it's on-topic, and b) I hadn't seen it mentioned before.

At the time, I didn't remember the scene until I read the snippet in Star Trek magazine after the film came out on VHS. Then, after reading that, I remembered it instantly and vividly. It occured when the shockwave eats the saucer section on the planet.

Go and order all the copies of Star Trek Monthly from the time when the VHS was released in the UK if you want proof.