Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies I-X

Star Trek Movies I-X Discuss the first ten big screen outings in this forum!

Old September 14 2012, 08:41 PM   #16
StewMc
Commodore

Re: Generations deleted scenes

Have to agree with a lot of what Grant has said, having been a member of this forum for over a decade I've seen many a person claim to have seen extended, deleted or alternate scenes when they saw Star Trek: Insert Film Here in the cinema some 10 to 30 years ago that no one else remembers. I was sceptical of the recent Nemesis thread and remain unconvinced here.
StewMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2012, 08:49 PM   #17
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

Well, I was about to post a thread talking about the now-deleted scene I saw in the original theatrical run of TUC, the love scene between Sulu and Christian Slater, but I'm now afraid y'all won't believe me.
Old September 14 2012, 08:52 PM   #18
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Captaindemotion wrote: View Post
Well, I was about to post a thread talking about the now-deleted scene I saw in the original theatrical run of TUC, the love scene between Sulu and Christian Slater, but I'm now afraid y'all won't believe me.
I'm pretty certain that scene is in the Blu-ray.
Old September 14 2012, 08:57 PM   #19
Grant
Fleet Captain

And I gotta say I don't like attacking people, I don't get off on it and it upsets my stomach.

I WANT to know of folks who have seen deleted scenes and alternate cuts. I love to hear about scenes I have never and may never see. I just want it to make sense and have the ring of truth. I have been obsessed since 1982 with deleted scenes ever since reading the Making of TWOK book that listed the cut scenes. I want us all to get the chance to see that stuff before we die, which I'm afraid we won't unless the next Blu-ray release includes them.

So, if you have seen any of that stuff post it or if you haven't make that fantasy story really well researched and plausible.
Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2012, 09:00 PM   #20
Grant
Fleet Captain

You know what's kind of wierd is that the novelization of TWOK contains a scene (never shot) of David giving mouth-to-mouth to Sulu after a phaser explosion--no lie!

Did those two gentlemen object to the scene?

Last edited by Grant; September 14 2012 at 09:12 PM.
Old September 14 2012, 09:01 PM   #21
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

BillJ wrote: View Post
Captaindemotion wrote: View Post
I'm pretty certain that scene is in the Blu-ray.

I have a bridge in London for sale if you're interested. PM me.
Old September 14 2012, 09:16 PM   #22
Grant
Fleet Captain

"Star Trek: Insert Film Here"...... was only shown in a few theaters before being pulled, all prints were destroyed and it never went to video. You can't even find proof it ever existed and none of the participents will admit to being in it. Biggest cover-up in Trek history.

Terrible title for a movie in any case. Takei said, "Insert film where?"
Old September 14 2012, 09:18 PM   #23
Oso Blanco
Commodore

Well, there is a workprint version of Generations that's being traded amongst those who have other precious stuff to trade ... it claims to have additional scenes as well as the alternate ending.
Old September 14 2012, 09:23 PM   #24
Grant
Fleet Captain

I have no problen believing there is a 'workprink' of Generations that got out---just not into a theater in Nov 1994 with 'naughty' Data dialogue and Geordi taking a shower.

Hey, maybe that's why they cut it. Lursa's dialogue says bath but they filmed Burton in a shower, they had to cut it for continuity reasons. Plus Burton had second thoughts about the nude scene and asked them to cut it.
Old September 14 2012, 09:24 PM   #25
StewMc
Commodore

Oso Blanco wrote: View Post
Well, there is a workprint version of Generations that's being traded amongst those who have other precious stuff to trade ... it claims to have additional scenes as well as the alternate ending.
It's probably the full length version of the source that the poor quality deleted scenes came from that were put online by Section31.com back in the day.

For what it's worth the "sexual noises" extended Data scene is real in terms that it does exist as a deleted scene (and is probably online somewhere still), although there isn't any reference to Tasha, I suspect that's just the random thoughts of the OPs "buddy". It's basically an extra 30 seconds of Spiner panting and falling about.

Last edited by StewMc; September 14 2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old September 14 2012, 09:39 PM   #26
Grant
Fleet Captain

StewMc wrote: View Post
Oso Blanco wrote: View Post
It's probably the full length version of the source that the poor quality deleted scenes came from that were put online by Section31.com back in the day.

For what it's worth the "sexual noises" extended Data scene is real in terms that it does exist as a deleted scene (and is probably online somewhere still), although there isn't any reference to Tasha, I suspect that's just the random thoughts of the OPs "buddy".
Super glad that didn't make the theatrical cut! Spiner's riffs sometimes are good--that one sounds like a terrible ad-lib out-take. Oh yeah---- it is.

The favorite deleted scene that I saw was the Sulu meets his great-grandfather scene from Trek 4. The kid was okay but Takei really gave a great performance in that scene!
Old September 14 2012, 09:50 PM   #27
StewMc
Commodore

Here's the scenes for anyone who didn't have the privilege of seeing them at the cinema/theatre:

Spiner goes over the top:

The Duras sisters watch La Forge take a bath. Or perhaps it is a shower and Geordi is behind the blue shower curtain!

The bath scene was actually a good cut as otherwise the same information is repeated twice within a matter of minutes (he goes for a bath, and the joke about being an engineer that doesn't go to engineering). Note that the script doesn't actually mention a bath, only the line from B'etor stating that he "bathed", and I suppose you could bathe in a shower. What they were supposed to be seeing on the screen however was Geordi wiping the steam away from a mirror.

Last edited by StewMc; September 14 2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old September 14 2012, 09:59 PM   #28
Grant
Fleet Captain

Thanks for posting those. Wow, that Data scene was horrible---really glad they cut it.

And what he said about Tasha--(Sulu voice) "Oh my!"

Yep, cheap Federation blue shower curtains, probably get moldy real fast.
Klingons hate showers or baths! Worf says in an early ep of TNG "(swimming) is too much like bathing."

That's a little more 'nearly racist' stuff from early TNG.
Old September 14 2012, 10:06 PM   #29
J. Allen
Dancing on Rainbows

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

Grant wrote: View Post
You know what's kind of wierd is that the novelization of TWOK contains a scene (never shot) of David giving mouth-to-mouth to Sulu after a phaser explosion--no lie!

Go on... er... not that I'm interested or anything.
"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured." - Mark Twain
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2012, 10:14 PM   #30
Grant
Fleet Captain

J. Allen wrote: View Post
Grant wrote: View Post

Go on... er... not that I'm interested or anything.

Me neither!

Actually the script (scene 199-206) has a scene where an explosion throws Sulu from his chair and David "helps him"---that was not filmed.

But, working from the script the novelization expands that to him giving Sulu CPR.