Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old September 5 2012, 02:47 AM   #1156
DarthPipes
Vice Admiral

Re: A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Spoiler-Filled Discussion

GRRM recently did a reading from The World of Ice and Fire, where he gave an extremely detailed account of Aegon's conquest of Westeros...

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/6592/
DarthPipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2012, 05:37 PM   #1157
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

my GOT stalking continues. I was going home today along Belfast's Dublin Road, when I saw Jerome Flynn walking along, looking very Bronn-esque. I shouted 'Hey, Bronn, great show' at him and he looked blankly, then seemed to realise that I meant him and waved back.

I'm kinda surprised he's in Belfast, I would've thought that his role this season would have been small and would at any rate have been filmed in Malta (ie King's Landing).
Old September 14 2012, 08:07 PM   #1158
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral

King's Landing hasn't been shot in Malta since season one. It's in Croatia now. And only certain exteriors for the city are done there; many King's Landing interiors are done on the sets in Belfast.

There's not a lot of Bronn in the first half or so of A Storm of Swords, unless they're playing up the Symon Silvertongue thing (which I tend to doubt we'll see at all), but he's the sort of character the producers seem fond of, so I'm sure they've found something for him to do.
Old September 14 2012, 08:15 PM   #1159
Hanukkah Solo
Admiral

The writers aren't afraid to expand minor characters' screen time (Robb being the best example I can think of), and Bronn seems to be a favorite with both the fans and the writers, so it wouldn't surprise me if they gave him more to do.
Hanukkah Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2012, 08:29 PM   #1160
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

In non-me-stalking news, HBO has released a behind the scenes pic from S3 with mildly spoilerish blurb (you can't actually say for sure who is in the pic, so spoilerism is limited):

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2012/0...nd-scenes.html

While Joe Dempsie (Gendry) talks a little about what's in store:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-...three-and-four
Old September 14 2012, 10:05 PM   #1161
Kegg
Rear Admiral

Skywalker wrote: View Post
The writers aren't afraid to expand minor characters' screen time
There's minor and there's minor.

Robb Stark is one of those characters who is enormously important to the plot of the novels he just doesn't get as much 'screentime' as the other non-Rickon Starks.

The same can be said of many characters who have had notably expanded roles, like Jaime Lannister and Margaery Tyrell. They're major players in the game of thrones, and thus matter in the big picture in ways that say Ser Dontos or Hot Pie did not.

That said? Bronn's worked excellently as a foil for Tyrion, being written into scenes he's not in in the books and also some of those brand new scenes, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's leaned on in that role next season.
Old September 16 2012, 02:56 PM   #1162
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

Okay, I'm about 90% sure that as I drove my daughter to swimming this morning, I passed Peter Dinklage out for a walk with his wife and child on Belfast's Malone Road. I was more or less level with them when I realised that the male in the group was a dwarf and not a boy and a split-second later, I realised that it was him. Hopefully they do this walk every week, maybe next week I'll be able to say hello!
Old September 16 2012, 10:04 PM   #1163
JD
Admiral

I bought and downloaded A Clash of Kings onto my Nook yesterday. I'll probably start it next, once I get closer to the end of The Last Days of Krypton.
Old September 26 2012, 02:42 AM   #1164
Colonel Midnight
Vice Admiral

Out of chance, does anyone have a link to the Victarion, Arianne, and/or Tyrion chapters that GRRM read out loud at the various cons? (Printed versions, not video. Sorry, GRRM!)

I have the Theon one already -- need a quick WOW fix, basically.

Cheers,
-CM-

0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
Colonel Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2012, 04:06 PM   #1165
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral

I don't think there are printed versions of the Arianne and Tyrion chapters or of the full Victarion chapter, only summaries from people who were at the events where they were read. At most events, Martin specifically asks that no one record or transcribe his reading. There's a partial transcript of the Victarion chapter, though, that someone made based on the TIFF video: link.
Old September 26 2012, 10:15 PM   #1166
Kegg
Rear Admiral

Venardhi wrote: View Post
So, who has figured out who Jon's mother is? I love that -pop- in the eyes of a friend when it finally clicks for them.
I figured it was probably either Ashara Dayne or unimportant when reading the first four novels. I heard about R + L = J online thereafter.
Old September 27 2012, 12:43 AM   #1167
InklingStar
Fleet Captain

View InklingStar's Twitter Profile

Kegg wrote: View Post
So, who has figured out who Jon's mother is? I love that -pop- in the eyes of a friend when it finally clicks for them.
I figured it was probably either Ashara Dayne or unimportant when reading the first four novels. I heard about R + L = J online thereafter.
I figured it out halfway through the first book.

On the other hand, I missed Arstan, Alleras, and several other more obvious things.
Old September 27 2012, 03:37 PM   #1168
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

Phew, so it's not just me then.
Old September 27 2012, 10:01 PM   #1169
Darth_Daver
Captain

InklingStar wrote: View Post
I figured it out halfway through the first book.

On the other hand, I missed Arstan, Alleras, and several other more obvious things.
I figured out the L thing, R needed a little help for me too
I got Alleras on second read through, but Arstan really got by me
Darth_Daver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2 2012, 03:18 PM   #1170
Kosh Naranek
Captain

I missed the whole rat cook and Frey pie bit from the marriage of Faux Arya (J Poole) and Ramsay Bolton.

I also never thought about the Alleras and Sand Snake connection. I saw it online and it was a forehead smack moment. I was too busy trying to tell if the Alchemist was Jaquen, and when Sam arrived at the Citadel, I was just too worried about him to pay much mind to anyone else.

I am re-reading the books now and so many little character bits that I missed on the first reading are jumping out at me now.

I went on to the Forum of Ice and Fire. Their theories are great.