RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,330
Posts: 5,353,132
Members: 24,618
Currently online: 724
Newest member: jmacenulty

TrekToday headlines

Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

True Trek History To Be Penned
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old September 13 2012, 11:48 PM   #841
Mr_Homn
Captain
 
Mr_Homn's Avatar
 
Re: Season ONE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Maxwell Everett wrote: View Post
Mr_Homn wrote: View Post
I was REALLY hoping they would surprise me with a picture of Patrick Stewart wearing the infamous wig , but I guess such documents do not exist.
http://tng.trekcore.com/gallery/albu...lations199.jpg
http://tng.trekcore.com/gallery/albu...lations220.jpg
I'm pretty sure that's not the same wig they were referring to. They said it was grey, and it was for his auditions. Also, I don't think they would have used one with such a receding hairline, since they were trying to hide the baldness all together. (as opposed to making him seem younger but still balding, as in "Violations")
__________________
"Thank you.. for the drinks."

Last edited by Mr_Homn; September 14 2012 at 12:09 AM.
Mr_Homn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2012, 04:08 AM   #842
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral
 
Trekker4747's Avatar
 
Location: Kansas City
Re: Season ONE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Picard really needs Bluetooth-wearing lessons.
__________________
Just because it's futuristic doesn't mean it's practical.
Trekker4747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2012, 01:19 PM   #843
Maxwell Everett
Fleet Captain
 
Maxwell Everett's Avatar
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Re: Season ONE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Mr_Homn wrote: View Post
Maxwell Everett wrote: View Post
Mr_Homn wrote: View Post
I was REALLY hoping they would surprise me with a picture of Patrick Stewart wearing the infamous wig , but I guess such documents do not exist.
http://tng.trekcore.com/gallery/albu...lations199.jpg
http://tng.trekcore.com/gallery/albu...lations220.jpg
I'm pretty sure that's not the same wig they were referring to. They said it was grey, and it was for his auditions.
Didn't catch that about the color. Just found this image...



__________________
"Shake off all the fears & servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion." -Thomas Jefferson
Maxwell Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2012, 08:14 PM   #844
Mr_Homn
Captain
 
Mr_Homn's Avatar
 
Re: Season ONE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Haha, thats pretty close to what I had imagined.
__________________
"Thank you.. for the drinks."
Mr_Homn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2012, 02:47 AM   #845
Joe_Atari
Lieutenant Commander
 
Re: Season ONE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Never saw this brought up; was Troi's "mood flower" fixed in TNG-R Haven? IIRC it didn't change color correctly in the original episode.
Joe_Atari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2012, 02:49 AM   #846
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral
 
Trekker4747's Avatar
 
Location: Kansas City
Re: Season ONE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Can't say, it's hard for me to watch that episode without ever falling asleep or just wanting to kill myself.
__________________
Just because it's futuristic doesn't mean it's practical.
Trekker4747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2012, 07:57 PM   #847
gaghyogi49
Lieutenant Commander
 
gaghyogi49's Avatar
 
Location: Germany
Re: Season ONE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Here's the next installment in the observations series:

"The big goodbye"

Tracking down all the sources of the Dixon Hill pages Data's views on the bridge monitor took quite some time...
gaghyogi49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2012, 08:12 PM   #848
Dream
Admiral
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Re: Season ONE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

gaghyogi49 wrote: View Post
Here's the next installment in the observations series:

"The big goodbye"

Tracking down all the sources of the Dixon Hill pages Data's views on the bridge monitor took quite some time...
Wow, great site!

I can see why they are going to only release 2 seasons a year for the TNG blurays. There is still so much work to be done.
__________________
=)
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16 2012, 11:17 PM   #849
Mutai Sho-Rin
Moderator
 
Mutai Sho-Rin's Avatar
 
Location: Orange, CA USA
Re: Season ONE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Well Damn! Finally had the time to hook up the new Blu-Ray palyer this morning. Turns out our 9 year old Mitsubishi HD TV doesn't have an HDMI port. Had to settle for the composite video connection (yellow RCA jack) and the lower resolution that goes with it. Anybody know of a converter from HDMI to RGB that might give us HD resolution? Just a thought.
__________________
Into the sands of blood comes the Sho-Rin, master of the Mutai. Babylon 5 - TKO
Mutai Sho-Rin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 16 2012, 11:38 PM   #850
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: In the 23rd Century...
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Season ONE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Mutai Sho-Rin wrote: View Post
Well Damn! Finally had the time to hook up the new Blu-Ray palyer this morning. Turns out our 9 year old Mitsubishi HD TV doesn't have an HDMI port. Had to settle for the composite video connection (yellow RCA jack) and the lower resolution that goes with it. Anybody know of a converter from HDMI to RGB that might give us HD resolution? Just a thought.
Your player doesn't have component (RGB) outs?
__________________
"I had no idea you were so... formidable. " - Anan 7 to James T. Kirk, A Taste of Armageddon
BillJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2012, 01:51 AM   #851
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral
 
Trekker4747's Avatar
 
Location: Kansas City
Re: Season ONE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Yeah, your player and TV should both at least have component connectors. Those are going to be vastly better than using composite/RCA. And while I'm sure there are "adapters" out there that you're looking for it wouldn't really provide much benefit. Hook it up with component video that'll give you much better results than composite.
__________________
Just because it's futuristic doesn't mean it's practical.
Trekker4747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2012, 02:08 AM   #852
NewHorizon
Captain
 
Re: Season ONE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Yeah, your player and TV should both at least have component connectors. Those are going to be vastly better than using composite/RCA. And while I'm sure there are "adapters" out there that you're looking for it wouldn't really provide much benefit. Hook it up with component video that'll give you much better results than composite.
There aren't any adapters that could take an hdmi signal, convert it to something composite rca would understand and retain the quality. RCA composite simply couldn't handle it.
NewHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2012, 02:18 AM   #853
Beatnik
Lieutenant Commander
 
Re: Season ONE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

NewHorizon wrote: View Post
There aren't any adapters that could take an hdmi signal, convert it to something composite rca would understand and retain the quality. RCA composite simply couldn't handle it.
I don't think he's suggesting that the HDMI be converted to composite. He's saying convert it to component. Still, even if he were able to do that (which isn't too hard), the ICT flag is likely enabled, meaning you won't be able to get a true HD signal out of it (it will max out at 480p/540p). Even if the flag isn't enabled, the best you can do on component is 720p or 1080i.

Does your Mits have a DVI port, or just firewire? If it's DVI, you may be OK with a cheap converter (and audio routed separately). There are HDMI-to-Firewire converters, also, but I've never tried them. In either case, the set needs to support HDCP to get an HD signal from the Blu Ray player.
Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18 2012, 05:51 AM   #854
Rory1080p
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Location: Somerset, England
Re: Season ONE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

watching through my copy now picture/audio is so much better than it used to be!

it's so clear! I like Season One so really enjoying watching it through again
Rory1080p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18 2012, 05:42 PM   #855
Mott the barber
Commodore
 
Mott the barber's Avatar
 
Re: Season ONE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Mutai Sho-Rin wrote: View Post
Well Damn! Finally had the time to hook up the new Blu-Ray palyer this morning. Turns out our 9 year old Mitsubishi HD TV doesn't have an HDMI port. Had to settle for the composite video connection (yellow RCA jack) and the lower resolution that goes with it. Anybody know of a converter from HDMI to RGB that might give us HD resolution? Just a thought.

You're doing yourself a HUGE disservice if you don't go out and get a TV with HDMI (or component at the very least). Running through composite defeats the entire purpose! Good luck.
__________________
It's not you I hate, Cardassian. I hate what I became... because of you. --Miles O'Brien in "The Wounded"
Mott the barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
remastered

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.