Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old September 13 2012, 05:01 AM   #1
t_smitts
Commander

Flint in season 5

Among the numerous ideas for season 5, one was an encounter with Flint in one of his earlier aliases.

I'm curious whom they would've gotten to play the role. Supposedly, when casting T'Pau and Surak for "Awakening", they consciously cast actors who at least somewhat resembled the originals. One would hope they'd do the same here.

Personally, my choice would've been Tim Daly, being the son of James Daly, the original. Admittedly, he might've been a tad expensive, being a fairly popular TV actor, and may or may not have been comfortable taking up a role his father played.

Still, we can hope.
t_smitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2012, 01:05 AM   #2
teacock
Admiral

Re: Flint in season 5

I found the lack of immortal super beings in ENT refreshing, glad they didn't do this. It seems season 5 ideas were as heavy on connecting the NX-01 to other series story lines as season 4 was. Though I think season 4 was excellent it would have been better to have season 5 go in a completely original direction, continue the Romulan subterfuge etc..

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2012, 05:58 PM   #3
t_smitts
Commander

teacake wrote: View Post
I found the lack of immortal super beings in ENT refreshing, glad they didn't do this. It seems season 5 ideas were as heavy on connecting the NX-01 to other series story lines as season 4 was. Though I think season 4 was excellent it would have been better to have season 5 go in a completely original direction, continue the Romulan subterfuge etc..
Well, they did have the Organians, that long-living telepath guy who wanted to hook up with Hoshi, and (arguably) the Sphere-Builders.
Old September 16 2012, 07:32 PM   #4
F. King Daniel
Admiral

t_smitts wrote: View Post
Among the numerous ideas for season 5, one was an encounter with Flint in one of his earlier aliases.

I'm curious whom they would've gotten to play the role. Supposedly, when casting T'Pau and Surak for "Awakening", they consciously cast actors who at least somewhat resembled the originals. One would hope they'd do the same here.

Personally, my choice would've been Tim Daly, being the son of James Daly, the original. Admittedly, he might've been a tad expensive, being a fairly popular TV actor, and may or may not have been comfortable taking up a role his father played.

Still, we can hope.
I don't know, James Daly's Fint didn't look much like Beethoven...
Old September 16 2012, 08:39 PM   #5
R. Star
Rear Admiral

I guess this is a positive side effect of having time travel in every other freaking episode just about.
Old September 16 2012, 10:35 PM   #6
teacock
Admiral

I just love time travel. I get how some people don't care for it but it's always been one of my favorite themes. I think ENT did it with particularly good stories.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old September 17 2012, 12:37 AM   #7
George Steinbrenner
Fleet Admiral

View George Steinbrenner's Twitter Profile

I would have been more comfortable with a retcon establishing that an already existing character was Flint.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
George Steinbrenner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 20 2012, 12:37 AM   #8
Valin
Rear Admiral

^Chef!
Old September 21 2012, 04:05 AM   #9
George Steinbrenner
Fleet Admiral

View George Steinbrenner's Twitter Profile

Actually my first choice would have been Admiral Forrest. Partly because he's a great guy, partly because Vaughn Armstrong played him and therefore his awesomeness is increased a thousandfold because of that alone, but mostly because ... and this is going to sound kinda cheesy ... Forrest reminded me a lot of my dad and so when I watched that ep where Forrest died, it really hit me hard. So I prefer to look for any excuse possible to have Forrest live again!
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
George Steinbrenner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2012, 05:20 AM   #10
teacock
Admiral

Forrest was excellent, finally an Admiral that was a sympathetic character! His death was quite upsetting.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old September 21 2012, 05:54 AM   #11
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Forrest was excellent, finally an Admiral that was a sympathetic character! His death was quite upsetting.
I theorize that one of the Vulcans demands for membership in the Federation is the requirement that all admirals be jerks. They were trying to dominate Starfleet with their case of Evil Vulcan Syndrome, but didn't take in account it's apparent cure and the adaptability of humans to rise to new heights of jerkiness!

Witness Admiral Alynna Necheyev.
Old September 21 2012, 10:47 AM   #12
Drago-Kazov
Fleet Captain

If done well i would had liked a Trelane/Q episode.
Drago-Kazov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2012, 01:55 PM   #13
umichigan
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I don't know, James Daly's Fint didn't look much like Beethoven...[/QUOTE]

He was Brahms, not Ludwig Von...
umichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2012, 05:46 PM   #14
t_smitts
Commander

R. Star wrote: View Post
I theorize that one of the Vulcans demands for membership in the Federation is the requirement that all admirals be jerks. They were trying to dominate Starfleet with their case of Evil Vulcan Syndrome, but didn't take in account it's apparent cure and the adaptability of humans to rise to new heights of jerkiness!

Witness Admiral Alynna Necheyev.
What was wrong with Admiral Ross?

I don't see Forrest being immortal, though. Still, I'm sure they would've had PLENTY of work for Vaughn, had the show kept going.
Old September 22 2012, 11:41 AM   #15
F. King Daniel
Admiral

umichigan wrote: View Post
I don't know, James Daly's Fint didn't look much like Beethoven...
He was Brahms, not Ludwig Von...[/QUOTE]

Oops, my bad.

My overwhelming memory of that episode is grabby letch Kirk holding Reyna so tightly she had his finger marks on her arm for the whole scene.