RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,349
Posts: 5,354,525
Members: 24,620
Currently online: 679
Newest member: Cultiste

TrekToday headlines

Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

True Trek History To Be Penned
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old September 12 2012, 06:51 PM   #1
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral
 
JanewayRulz!'s Avatar
 
Location: North America
Things I love about Kristen's "Eternal Tide"

Hey... I KNOW we have another thread on this, but I don't know how to do spoiler tags and so I thought a new thread was warranted to keep Teacake from cutting my heart out with a spoon.

Ok... things I loved.

#1 JANEWAY'S BACK well Duh!

#2 and CHAKOTAY'S GOT HER!

#3 The Q have CONFIRMED that if Admiral Janeway hadn't changed the time line then everyone would have been assimliated by the BORG.

Anyone else have things they love about this book that they'd like to share?

__________________
"But life is a battle: may we all be enabled to fight it well!" Charlotte Bronte

Last edited by JanewayRulz!; September 12 2012 at 07:00 PM. Reason: my grammar sux!
JanewayRulz! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12 2012, 10:41 PM   #2
teacake
Admiral
 
teacake's Avatar
 
Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: Things I love about Kristen's "Eternal Tide"

I finally have reading time today on the train!! I am so excited!!!

I will take pictures.

JRule'z you didn't expect me to NOT read the thread did you? Also I keep glancing at the one in Treklit through my fingers so I've absorbed rather a lot of spoilers now, LOL

Trek Into.. The Eternal Tide
__________________

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne

Last edited by teacake; September 12 2012 at 11:20 PM.
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12 2012, 11:17 PM   #3
Square
Lieutenant
 
Square's Avatar
 
Location: Currently stationed in Little Rock, AR.
Re: Things I love about Kristen's "Eternal Tide"

I've noticed it puts the smack-down on anti-Janeway trolls.

__________________
"Warning: warp core breach a lot sooner than you think" --Voyager's computer, Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy.
Square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2012, 12:27 AM   #4
Violet.Phoenix
Commander
 
Violet.Phoenix's Avatar
 
Location: A distant corner of the Zeta Quadrant...
Re: Things I love about Kristen's "Eternal Tide"

Aside from the above mentioned, I loved the metaphysics and the cool science stuff in this novel. And the whole cavern with the glowing star map was such a cool image. Wouldn't that be cool if in observatories they had hallways that lit up with constellations?

And yes, Q! And Q, and Q, and...Q! In my mind there can never be enough Q.
__________________
"It's never easy, but if we turn our backs on our principles we stop being human." - Kathryn Janeway, "Equinox Part 1".
Violet.Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2012, 02:47 AM   #5
LuckyCharms
Ensign
 
Location: Behind the Couch
Re: Things I love about Kristen's "Eternal Tide"

I must confess that I read the end of the book first. I just could not help myself. Lots of shippy, squishy goodness.

It was nice that Eden let Chakotay see Kathryn for the first time alone.
LuckyCharms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2012, 03:02 AM   #6
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Things I love about Kristen's "Eternal Tide"

Is the any reason that i can find the word "latrine" from a word jumble of Eternal Tide?
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2012, 03:29 AM   #7
Violet.Phoenix
Commander
 
Violet.Phoenix's Avatar
 
Location: A distant corner of the Zeta Quadrant...
Re: Things I love about Kristen's "Eternal Tide"

LuckyCharms wrote: View Post
I must confess that I read the end of the book first. I just could not help myself. Lots of shippy, squishy goodness.
I'm guilty of this too; I just couldn't resist . I love that Janeway and Chakotay are finally back together again and that they're so happy.

Plus, the first time that they say "I love you" to each other? Adorable
__________________
"It's never easy, but if we turn our backs on our principles we stop being human." - Kathryn Janeway, "Equinox Part 1".
Violet.Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2012, 03:47 AM   #8
R. Star
Rear Admiral
 
R. Star's Avatar
 
Location: Shangri-La
Re: Things I love about Kristen's "Eternal Tide"

Hey I can read Janeway/Chakotay fics for free online by the dozen.
__________________
"I was never a Star Trek fan." J.J. Abrams
R. Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2012, 04:56 AM   #9
Galekarens
Commander
 
Location: Illinois, USA
Re: Things I love about Kristen's "Eternal Tide"

I loved that Kes(!) suddenly appeared and helped KJ w/ her "body image" at just the right time. Of course I loved the J/C stuff, and hope they can maintain their relationship. And I love lots that KJ will be an Admiral again (if a little surprised, lol).
Galekarens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2012, 01:36 PM   #10
teacake
Admiral
 
teacake's Avatar
 
Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: Things I love about Kristen's "Eternal Tide"

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Is the any reason that i can find the word "latrine" from a word jumble of Eternal Tide?
Spirit guides show you what you need to see.
__________________

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2012, 03:02 PM   #11
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral
 
JanewayRulz!'s Avatar
 
Location: North America
Re: Things I love about Kristen's "Eternal Tide"

Square wrote: View Post
I've noticed it puts the smack-down on anti-Janeway trolls.

Hallelujah!

Violet.Phoenix wrote: View Post
Aside from the above mentioned, I loved the metaphysics and the cool science stuff in this novel. And the whole cavern with the glowing star map was such a cool image. Wouldn't that be cool if in observatories they had hallways that lit up with constellations?

And yes, Q! And Q, and Q, and...Q! In my mind there can never be enough Q.


I also liked the fact that the child had SUCH an impact on his parents.

LuckyCharms wrote: View Post
I must confess that I read the end of the book first. I just could not help myself. Lots of shippy, squishy goodness.

It was nice that Eden let Chakotay see Kathryn for the first time alone.
She's not Fleet commander for nothing!

I could NOT read the end first. I was so afraid the spoiler in the other thread was a trap, especially when the next line in the photograph of the book mentioned "BOTH" of their deaths.

Galekarens wrote: View Post
I loved that Kes(!) suddenly appeared and helped KJ w/ her "body image" at just the right time. Of course I loved the J/C stuff, and hope they can maintain their relationship. And I love lots that KJ will be an Admiral again (if a little surprised, lol).
I loved the fact that Kes made it home and that Ocampa was a beautiful place again.

More so, I loved seeing Janeway's reaction to Kes & Seven. She had no compunction against wrapping her arms around Kes, but was as reserved with Seven as Seven was with her...



... well

... between those two one doesn't need anything except...



...that smile.



teacake wrote: View Post
Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Is the any reason that i can find the word "latrine" from a word jumble of Eternal Tide?
Spirit guides show you what you need to see.
Sounds like "the room of requirement" to me.
__________________
"But life is a battle: may we all be enabled to fight it well!" Charlotte Bronte
JanewayRulz! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2012, 03:52 PM   #12
Violet.Phoenix
Commander
 
Violet.Phoenix's Avatar
 
Location: A distant corner of the Zeta Quadrant...
Re: Things I love about Kristen's "Eternal Tide"

JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post

Violet.Phoenix wrote: View Post
Aside from the above mentioned, I loved the metaphysics and the cool science stuff in this novel. And the whole cavern with the glowing star map was such a cool image. Wouldn't that be cool if in observatories they had hallways that lit up with constellations?

And yes, Q! And Q, and Q, and...Q! In my mind there can never be enough Q.


I also liked the fact that the child had SUCH an impact on his parents.
That was so moving, seeing how much Q was willing to sacrifice for the sake of his son. To me it was the classic example of how a parent will give everything for their child, and Q's rage afterwards made complete sense because of that fact.

Plus the line "You have made an enemy of me today, Kathryn Janeway" is like literary ice water. Brilliant!
__________________
"It's never easy, but if we turn our backs on our principles we stop being human." - Kathryn Janeway, "Equinox Part 1".
Violet.Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2012, 08:29 PM   #13
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Things I love about Kristen's "Eternal Tide"

teacake wrote: View Post
Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Is the any reason that i can find the word "latrine" from a word jumble of Eternal Tide?
Spirit guides show you what you need to see.
My spirit guide is a toilet?

If B'Elanna's spirit guide was a toilet, methinks that she wouldn't have been able to kill it so easily.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2012, 09:56 PM   #14
Galekarens
Commander
 
Location: Illinois, USA
Re: Things I love about Kristen's "Eternal Tide"

And of course, what I love most about The Eternal Tide that it did bring back Kathryn Janeway, even though the (then) editors said after Bef. Dishonor was published there were no plans to do so. (Of course now are maybe new editors, so it seems those (non) plans were changed.) Guess one never knows, does one, lol.

Last edited by Galekarens; September 13 2012 at 10:21 PM.
Galekarens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2012, 10:08 PM   #15
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral
 
Mr. Laser Beam's Avatar
 
Location: The visitor's bullpen
View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: Things I love about Kristen's "Eternal Tide"

Violet.Phoenix wrote: View Post
Plus the line "You have made an enemy of me today, Kathryn Janeway" is like literary ice water. Brilliant!
I wouldn't want Q as an enemy. He can literally erase Janeway from existence with a thought. Is there going to be something that prevents him from doing this?
__________________
In labor news: Longshoremen walked off the piers today. Rescue operations are continuing.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
janeway, spoilers

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.