Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Cho: More On Selfie
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old September 12 2012, 02:39 AM   #76
ChristopherPike
Rear Admiral

Re: Title Possibly Revealed?

Lovely job, Methos. Thanks for easing my bewilderment about this title. Your art really looks the ticket.
Old September 12 2012, 09:50 AM   #77
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

Paper Moon wrote: View Post
I'm loving the photoshopped title cards! :-D

I still don't think this is the actual title, though. Again, Abrams and co. are not stupid; they know there are people out there who pay attention to things like domain names. (Witness the '08 elections; people looked to see what domain names had been bought [obamabiden.com, obamaclinton.com, obamarichardson.com, etc.] to try to ascertain the final pick.)

And the fact that they haven't commented on it yet makes me even more convinced that this isn't the final title. They gain nothing by waiting, and they just look bad by delaying it.

My take: "startrekintodarkness" may be part of an advertising gimmick for a differently titled movie. Though, more likely, in my opinion, is that the movie will actually just be called "Into Darkness," but that they wanted the domain name to have Star Trek in it, for various reasons, not the least of which is to make it easier to find through a search engine.

This sets up a trilogy nicely, title-wise: Star Trek, Into Darkness and then something like "New Day Rising".
Paramount Pictures has confirmed the name:
http://beforeitsnews.com/movies/2012...s-2435878.html
Old September 13 2012, 05:51 AM   #78
Paper Moon
Commander

KingDaniel wrote: View Post

I still don't think this is the actual title, though. Again, Abrams and co. are not stupid; they know there are people out there who pay attention to things like domain names. (Witness the '08 elections; people looked to see what domain names had been bought [obamabiden.com, obamaclinton.com, obamarichardson.com, etc.] to try to ascertain the final pick.)

And the fact that they haven't commented on it yet makes me even more convinced that this isn't the final title. They gain nothing by waiting, and they just look bad by delaying it.

My take: "startrekintodarkness" may be part of an advertising gimmick for a differently titled movie. Though, more likely, in my opinion, is that the movie will actually just be called "Into Darkness," but that they wanted the domain name to have Star Trek in it, for various reasons, not the least of which is to make it easier to find through a search engine.

This sets up a trilogy nicely, title-wise: Star Trek, Into Darkness and then something like "New Day Rising".
Paramount Pictures has confirmed the name:
http://beforeitsnews.com/movies/2012...s-2435878.html
Aaaaaannd my theory is completely debunked. Ah well. As we say on Earth, c'est la vie.

Thanks for the link; here's hoping the film is good.
Paper Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2012, 05:44 AM   #79
CaptainJack
Lieutenant Commander

Im really thinking that at some point the lights go out on the bridge. Hense the title...
CaptainJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2012, 06:29 AM   #80
CorporalClegg
Vice Admiral

You mean Scotty forgot to pay the electric bill again?
Old September 15 2012, 10:44 AM   #81
Lonemagpie
Writer

Well, now that it's confirmed I can say: That's a *shit* title. And I say that as someone who's openly crap at thinking up titles.

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2012, 01:50 PM   #82
ChristopherPike
Rear Admiral

Maybe it'll turn out to be about as permanent as The Undiscovered Country (10 years too early) aka The Vengeance of Khan, or Star Trek Resurrection aka Star Trek Rennaissance.

Where's that George Lucas when you need him... with a Revenge of the Jedi sudden interest in doing Star Wars In Darkness, that'll put a kibosh on this?
Old September 16 2012, 02:38 AM   #83
Mr_Homn
Captain

I would have preferred "Star Trek and the Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies" to this
Old September 16 2012, 05:11 AM   #84
Set Harth
Rear Admiral

They should have gone with Kirkapalooza.
Old September 16 2012, 10:39 AM   #85
Admiral

I think Star Trek Into Darkness is clunky, but I can live with it.

I prefer it to names like The Phantom Manace and Attack of the Clones. It's pretty much on par with Transformers: Dark of the Moon in the clunky awkward stakes. I very much want to add SIDE in there, and I want to cut STAR off of Trek's title.
Old September 29 2012, 04:21 PM   #86
T'Cal
Commodore

T'Cal wrote: View Post
I finally watched Sherlock's second episode of the second series and in it Watson calls Sherlock (CB) "Spock" because he's emotionless. Is this a tip as to CB's character? Will he be a renegade Vulcan? Is he going to interfere with old Spock's efforts to unite the remaining Vulcans? Will old Spock work toward reunification with the Romulans but CB's character is against this idea?
You have good taste in British television. As much as I like this idea, though, I don't think it's what's happening.
Old September 29 2012, 04:42 PM   #87
Admiral

He also has red blood on the gash on his thigh...
Old September 30 2012, 01:13 AM   #88
Paper Moon
Commander

T'Cal wrote: View Post
I finally watched Sherlock's second episode of the second series and in it Watson calls Sherlock (CB) "Spock" because he's emotionless. Is this a tip as to CB's character? Will he be a renegade Vulcan? Is he going to interfere with old Spock's efforts to unite the remaining Vulcans? Will old Spock work toward reunification with the Romulans but CB's character is against this idea?
You have good taste in British television. As much as I like this idea, though, I don't think it's what's happening.
Unless it's just a brief temporary disguise, I find that to be very implausible. Would that not be an extremely expensive alternative to something that is currently very low cost?
Old October 7 2012, 09:36 PM   #89
T'Cal
Commodore

Humor. It is a difficult concept.
Old October 8 2012, 01:08 AM   #90
Paper Moon
Commander

^^ My honest apologies.

If it's any consolation, I do this off the internet all the time too. My girlfriend will make a joke to me and I won't be able to tell if she's kidding or not, and so I, to be safe, will take it completely seriously, and she will very gently point out that she was joking. Humor; it is a difficult concept, indeed. Again, my apologies.