The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies I-X

Star Trek Movies I-X Discuss the first ten big screen outings in this forum!

Old September 11 2012, 06:36 PM   #226
NrobbieC
Commander

Re: Why is Nemesis hated so much?

Shinzon had issues. He also distinctly told Donatra she was not a woman but merely a Romulan. I think he got off on the power more than Troi.

It was said quite clearly that they couldn't transport due to interference/ion storms, it also meant their tricorders were limited, a wheeled vehicle makes sense when you need to cover vast distances without technology

Last edited by NrobbieC; September 11 2012 at 06:57 PM.
NrobbieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11 2012, 06:55 PM   #227
Jeyl
Commodore

NrobbieC wrote: View Post
a wheeled vehicle makes sense when you need to cover cast distances without technology
Actually, why not just use the shuttlecraft? It flies, it can hover above ground, offers more protection and you can land right next to the parts. If there's a problem, you can control it with a remote control.
Jeyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11 2012, 06:58 PM   #228
NrobbieC
Commander

Jeyl wrote: View Post
a wheeled vehicle makes sense when you need to cover cast distances without technology
Actually, why not just use the shuttlecraft? It flies, it can hover above ground, offers more protection and you can land right next to the parts. If there's a problem, you can control it with a remote control.
Dunno, less chance of attracting attention from the pre-warp people?
Old September 11 2012, 09:39 PM   #229
Jeyl
Commodore

And how did that work out? I seem to remember our characters driving all the way back to their shuttle all while Worf was SHOOTING the pre-warp people like they were evil nazis. If they had just used the shuttle the entire time, all they would have to do is ascend and leave.

But let's be honest. If they were so dead set on not attracting any attention, they shouldn't have gone during the day time.
Jeyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11 2012, 09:54 PM   #230
NrobbieC
Commander

And how did that work out? I seem to remember our characters driving all the way back to their shuttle all while Worf was SHOOTING the pre-warp people like they were evil nazis. If they had just used the shuttle the entire time, all they would have to do is ascend and leave.

But let's be honest. If they were so dead set on not attracting any attention, they shouldn't have gone during the day time.
They were more shooting at them as a method of distraction but yeah there's some Prime Directive breaking going on there, in fact no one even mentioned it.
Old September 20 2012, 10:36 PM   #231
Pawleygirl
Ensign

I really didn't hate Nemesis. I just think it was poorly put together. Those missing scenes would have made the movie better for sure. What bothers me about the movie is that it almost seems like they were trying to hard to make everyone like the movie instead of appeasing the core fans. Insurrection was the worst and I didn't totally mind star trek generations except for that stewpid time thing that made zero sense.
Old September 21 2012, 08:19 PM   #232
Maple Dog
Lieutenant Commander

Nemesis is an ok movie if you're not familiar with ST,to me the thing that doesn't make me like it,is that they made it like some cheap clone of TWOK,with the bad guy wanting his vengeance against Picard and the federation,for something they had nothing to do with,when all of his hatred should have been directed at the romulans,and the part where Data upload his personality in B4 kind of cheapen his sacrifice.

As others have said Lore would have been the logical choice for B4,would have open the door to a what if story,who could have possibly stole or conspired with the enemy to give them the "body" of Lore.