Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old August 27 2012, 08:08 AM   #16
Plain Simple
Commodore

Re: Buffy & Angel comics

DevilEyes wrote: View Post
Wiki isn't right about library edition Issue 3 at least. It says here (don't open the link, the cover pic is spoilery) that it contains 3 web comics (titles tagged as potentially spoilery)
that take place around issues 21-22.

If they're including the web comics, I assume that they're including the one-shots as well and Wikipedia just has incomplete info, since those library issues haven't been released yet. My guess is that the Willow one-shot is in Issue 1 or 2, and the Riley one in Issue 4.

According to this, Issue 1 contains two one-shots. If they meant Always Darkest as one of them, which is the other? http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/18-89...on-Volume-1-HC
Thanks. What I'm mainly concerned with is if any of the two versions (library of TPB) contains more material than the other. The library edition has also a lot (all?) of the covers collected at the end and a bunch of sketches. Perhaps that's the only difference. On the other hand, this doesn't mention the Willow or Riley one-shot in vol. 2, and your link (I'd seen that cover already, but thanks for the spoiler warning; it's appreciated) doesn't list if for vol. 3 either, so that would mean then that they both have to be in vol. 4?

As for the second one shot included in the library edition vol. 1, I think they mean one-shot as opposed to multi-issue arc, not opposed to regular series issue. So that would make "The Chain" the second one-shot. That confused me at first as well.

Edited to add: Actually, by that reasoning, the two arcs in vol. 1 are "The Long Way Home" and "No Future for You" and the one-shots are "The Chain" and "Anywhere but Here". "Always Darkest" is perhaps not counted in that at all, since it's just a three-page story. It's in there as well though.

It's Tolkien, not Tolkein.
Plain Simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2012, 09:49 PM   #17
Plain Simple
Commodore

I've contacted Dark Horse asking them what exactly is going to be in the library editions. I'll put the answer here when I get it.

Old September 7 2012, 09:51 AM   #18
Plain Simple
Commodore

I didn't get any reply from Dark Horse, but I did manage to get a chance to read most of the canon comics. I've now read Angel: ATF (so #1-17), four Spike series (Asylum, Shadow Puppets, ATF, and the 8-issue `ongoing' series), BtVS s8, and even a few issues of BtVS s9 and Angel & Faith.

Clearly, I'm liking what I'm reading. I'm surprised how easily these comics drew me in.

I do have some confusion about story elements though. Perhaps we can discuss those here (I'm sure they must have been discussed in other threads as well in the past, but these season-long threads tend to be quite long.) So, spoilers follow below, possibly about all the material I just listed.

Last edited by Plain Simple; September 7 2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old September 7 2012, 11:37 AM   #19
Ethros
Vice Admiral

Wow, sounds like you've read a lot in that space of time

I haven't got time to write a full answer at the moment, but basically Angel appearing out of that portal in Season 8 isn't meant to be right after ATF or anything.
As for when it does occur, god knows. Thats one of my main gripes about Season 8/9, that there has still been no explanation or anything of how Angel became Twilight *really* (apart from about one page in the Riley one shot where he's talking to Whistler about it)

It was just like-
Comic- "Who is Twilight.... it's Angel!"
Reader- "oh right, so how did that happen?"
Comic- "erm, anyway..."

I still say their should have been a mini of the Angel we know in his time in LA, like the end of IDW run, with Connor, Gunn, Illyria etc, and then slowly how he became this masked "supervillain" if you will.
Ethros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2012, 09:21 PM   #20
Brikar99
Rear Admiral

Do any of these comics mention what happened to the Groosalugg?
Old September 7 2012, 09:24 PM   #21
RoJoHen
Awesome

Brikar99 wrote: View Post
Do any of these comics mention what happened to the Groosalugg?
He popped up in the Angel: After the Fall comics.
Old September 11 2012, 02:35 PM   #22
Plain Simple
Commodore

Btw, is there a way to get the Free Comic Book story "In space no one can hear you slay" somewhere for free? Or does that only work on the day itself?

Old September 11 2012, 03:34 PM   #23
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile

Plain Simple wrote: View Post

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
DevilEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11 2012, 03:37 PM   #24
Methos
First Officer: USS Aventine

View Methos's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Methos Send a message via Yahoo to Methos

M
Old September 12 2012, 09:30 AM   #25
Plain Simple
Commodore

DevilEyes wrote: View Post

Methos wrote: View Post

M

Old September 12 2012, 11:41 AM   #26
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile

So, this is a proper spoiler even for those who are up to date with the comics, but it's DH themselves who are spoiling it.

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
DevilEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12 2012, 12:27 PM   #27
Ethros
Vice Admiral

^ As they always do. ie, Twilight is Angel. "oops we made a mistake putting the wrong cover out." Yeah bullshit, it was nothing to do with pushing sales at all was it?
Ethros is offline   Reply With Quote