Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old September 9 2012, 11:10 PM   #136
Mr_Homn
Captain

Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Kegg wrote: View Post
This. No such episode exists, for one thing. It's more likely to be recovered deleted scenes or a some kind of obscure special or commercial (like Riker when he did those PC commercials).

Mr_Homn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9 2012, 11:11 PM   #137
Mr_Homn
Captain

accidental double post
Old September 9 2012, 11:12 PM   #138
Kegg
Rear Admiral

^
We need those in HD. Clearly.
Old September 10 2012, 02:18 AM   #139
Doug Otte
Fleet Captain

Maxwell Everett wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
Trekker4747 wrote: View Post

From what little we see of the Yamato I like how it seemed like a crappier version of the Enterprise. It didn't have the wood railing and the Ready Room seemed a bit less posh.
It did have the wood railing.
It did, but it was covered by a gray/green blanket or fabric. I always found that very odd:

http://tng.trekcore.com/gallery/albu...ntagion008.jpg
Indeed. And, does the 1701-D have that control panel on the front of the horsehoe like we see on the Yamato?
Doug Otte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10 2012, 03:38 AM   #140
tomswift2002
Fleet Captain

Mr_Homn wrote: View Post
This. No such episode exists, for one thing. It's more likely to be recovered deleted scenes or a some kind of obscure special or commercial (like Riker when he did those PC commercials).

Reminds me of the Star Trek Borg game (which was shot on the actual sets), and the Star Trek The Next Generation Interactive VCR Board Game (haven't seen the VHS tape, but from what the box says, the VHS contained footage shot right on the TNG sets). So it would be nice if, as a bonus on these Blu-rays, if they could find these odd tapings and show them, just like they are putting the original trailers on the episodes.
tomswift2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10 2012, 04:33 AM   #141
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

Doug Otte wrote: View Post
does the 1701-D have that control panel on the front of the horsehoe like we see on the Yamato?
That thing was only there because the tactical console was being taken apart and worked on. The engineers were trying to fix it (the Iconian virus was wreaking havoc with all systems), so they pulled out its 'guts'. That's not how it was supposed to look.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 10 2012, 04:23 PM   #142
The Gentleman
Ensign

That's hilarious! I'd never seen that before. Of course, Riker is in the revamped uniform, so I wouldn't expect to see it before 3rd season. But, wow!
The Gentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10 2012, 04:54 PM   #143
Doug Otte
Fleet Captain

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
does the 1701-D have that control panel on the front of the horsehoe like we see on the Yamato?
That thing was only there because the tactical console was being taken apart and worked on. The engineers were trying to fix it (the Iconian virus was wreaking havoc with all systems), so they pulled out its 'guts'. That's not how it was supposed to look.
Thanks, but I should have been more clear: We never saw that panel open on the 1701-D (did we?), so there's no on-screen evidence that the 1701-D had that panel.
Doug Otte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10 2012, 06:03 PM   #144
Mott the barber
Commodore

Warped9 wrote: View Post
Wasn't one destroyed at the beginning of Season 3?
One was destroyed at the end of DS9's Season 2, yeah.

Yeah it was the Season 2 finale "The Jem Hadar." If you guys have never seen it, it's a pretty chilling scene. I think it's somewhere on Youtube too.
Old September 10 2012, 06:14 PM   #145
Mott the barber
Commodore

tomswift2002 wrote: View Post

Reminds me of the Star Trek Borg game (which was shot on the actual sets), and the Star Trek The Next Generation Interactive VCR Board Game (haven't seen the VHS tape, but from what the box says, the VHS contained footage shot right on the TNG sets). So it would be nice if, as a bonus on these Blu-rays, if they could find these odd tapings and show them, just like they are putting the original trailers on the episodes.
I still have my Star Trek Klingon and Star Trek Borg CD-ROMs. I had them for my old Dell. They were basically point and click live action games but yeah they used real sets (Borg used the Voyager set) which was pretty cool. And John de Lancie was actually great as Q in Borg.

I also still have the Interactive VCR Board Game. It was filmed on the E-D set and starred Robert O'Reilly but not as Gowron. The basic story is he's a disgruntled Klingon who is fed up with the peace with the Federation and steals the ship (yeah, I know) from something that looks remarkably like Starbase 74 from 11001001 (). They use lots of footage from that episode in the docking and theft sequences. Most of the time you see the warp starfield on screen but "Gowron" will pop on every once in a while to affect gameplay (like whoever's turn it is must miss a turn). Definitely on my more rare side of collectibles I think.

Oh btw, if you don't regain control of the ship within the hour, they show the Yesterday's Enterprise battle scene followed by "Gowron" freaking out as the ship spirals out of control followed by the "Cause and effect" explosion.
Old September 10 2012, 06:29 PM   #146
davejames
Vice Admiral

Wow, even in that crappy quality, it's amazing to see just how bold and modern looking TNG looks compared to the early-90s world it came from (with its clunky computers and dorky fashions).
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10 2012, 09:39 PM   #147
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
Thanks, but I should have been more clear: We never saw that panel open on the 1701-D (did we?), so there's no on-screen evidence that the 1701-D had that panel.
The 1701-D's tactical console never needed to be repaired in that way. So there was never any cause to use that panel.

And since they used the same set for both ships' bridges, logic suggests that the panel existed on both ships.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 10 2012, 11:54 PM   #148
Mr_Homn
Captain

Mott the barber wrote: View Post
The basic story is he's a disgruntled Klingon who is fed up with the peace with the Federation and steals the ship (yeah, I know) from something that looks remarkably like Starbase 74 from 11001001 ().

And Starbase 74 looks remarkably like the Earth Space Dock from Star Trek III The Search for Spock.. Hmmmm
Old September 11 2012, 02:34 AM   #149
trekker670
Fleet Captain

There's also this:

trekker670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11 2012, 03:13 AM   #150
Kegg
Rear Admiral

And who could forget: