RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,677
Members: 24,202
Currently online: 785
Newest member: wendelcarree

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old August 27 2012, 04:39 AM   #16
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

Re: Hell on Wheels Season 2 *SPOILERS*

Holy Crap, that Mickey McGinness is a right idiot. Don't confess to shit you DIDN'T do. I think now, however, he will definitely be a changed man. And what the hell is Eva playing at? "You can't kiss me; I'm a married lady!" *SNOG* What was THAT about?

I love the Swede as the bringer of chaos to the camp. He just upsets the apple cart wherever he goes. Awesome.

And the episode was very aptly named "Slaughterhouse." Bleh.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2012, 06:49 AM   #17
sojourner
Vice Admiral

I love this show, but so far each episode this season has felt like the middle episode of a 3 parter. I just keep waiting for a good pay-off episode.
Old August 27 2012, 04:18 PM   #18
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

I think it's building to something big. At least I hope it is.
Old September 8 2012, 04:07 PM   #19
BennyRussel
Commander

Not a lot of recent activity in this thread.

Does anyone sense enthusiasm for this show starting to wane?

Mine is a little.

Any thoughts?
BennyRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2012, 05:50 PM   #20
sojourner
Vice Admiral

The show's episodes seem to be missing something. I'm entertained and enjoy watching, but I keep waiting for a climax in the literary sense that just isn't there.
Old September 8 2012, 06:16 PM   #21
Anwar
Vice Admiral

It seems the buildup is for the battle between the Sioux and the newly armed Railroad workers, but it seems that's going to happen a lot sooner than the finale so either it's going to be delayed or something happens to pick up the rest of the season's story.

I will admit I'm surprised at how they've made Mr Toole so much more likable than Elam. They really switched the two around and it didn't feel forced or anything.
Anwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2012, 08:09 PM   #22
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

The camp is a definitely on a slow boil---not sure where and when things will finally explode. We have the Swede, plotting away in the background as a master manipulator, the very odd love triangle, the tension with the workers and the over-present threat of attack from the Sioux. There's also the preacher's family drama and Irish brothers to be considered. There's no tight focus, so it does seem a bit chaotic, just like the camp itself. On the other hand, there's no central plot to get really invested in--like last season, where we had Bohannon's quest and his uneasy friendship with Elam, confiding with the railroad and Lily's story. Right now, we're just waiting for a bomb to go off and there are about four or five possible bombs to choose from.

It just feels like things haven't gotten really "started" yet. I'm still very interested in the show but it hasn't really the great moments that last season had---at least not yet.
Old September 9 2012, 02:44 AM   #23
Anwar
Vice Admiral

Also, now that Bohannon's quest is over (he most likely has already killed everyone responsible for his wife's death, Johnson was just BSing about the Sgt) his character lacks any real motivation or goals. He's only there because Durant has basically enslaved him.
Old September 9 2012, 04:24 AM   #24
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

Yeah, he's rather lost, at the moment. He's not sure what to do with himself, so the show feels that way a bit, too.
Old September 10 2012, 04:16 AM   #25
Anwar
Vice Admiral

Wow, that was a good episode and nice way of wrapping up the bandits from the premiere. I thought some would stick around as new hired slaves like Bohannon, TBH.

I wonder what the Swede's up to with the Reverend though. What's he think one disgraced Preacher can do now that Cullen's power and popularity over the Camp has skyrocketed?
Old September 10 2012, 04:20 AM   #26
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

Looks like the Preacher will give the weapons to the Indians, and start the "war" the Swede is waiting for. Bohannon, I imagine, will end up being "sheriff" and taking Elam's job.

Pretty sure Durant will survive, but in what condition? Will Lily stay to take care of him or will he be forced to leave camp for good? I'm guessing he'll stay, but who knows?
Old September 10 2012, 04:27 AM   #27
Shanndee
Commodore

Beaten to the punch by Auntiehill!

( I was taken out of this ep by Hubby exclaiming "Hey, its a torture O'Brien episode!...oh, wait...)

"Everything will be alright in the end; if it is not alright, it is not the end" Numerous sources
Shanndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10 2012, 02:21 PM   #28
Anwar
Vice Admiral

Where did the Swede get those weapons in the first place? Were they the ones Cullen wanted for the workers?
Old September 10 2012, 04:21 PM   #29
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

YUP. That's why, when Durant said "Arm the men," Elam went to the padlocked shed, only to find it was already empty.
Old September 17 2012, 06:00 AM   #30
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

*bump*

Hoooooooooooooollly Crap.

Well, two more characters exit the show. And who knows if and when Durant will be back--or in what shape? I think he'll return, somehow.

Man, that last scene was sad; I actually teared up there at the end.