RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,232
Posts: 5,347,645
Members: 24,607
Currently online: 580
Newest member: lueth2048

TrekToday headlines

Insight Editions Announces Three Trek Books For 2015
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Mulgrew: Playing Red
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

IDW Publishing Comic Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

A Baby For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Star Trek - Original Series

Star Trek - Original Series The one that started it all...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old September 4 2012, 08:07 PM   #1
toonloon
Commander
 
Location: London, UK
Roddenberry Podcasts

If you guys haven't been getting these, then I highly recommend them. They are great!

I've really enjoyed listening to these. I hope they do the whole serious because they are terrific!
toonloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4 2012, 08:33 PM   #2
22 Stars
Commodore
 
Re: Roddenberry Podcasts

I wish i had the time to listen! With a new baby and new apartment, time is the one thing I don't have in abundance. I love the idea and will make sure to download them!
22 Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4 2012, 08:38 PM   #3
toonloon
Commander
 
Location: London, UK
Re: Roddenberry Podcasts

I listen to them at work. I have a cleaning job and there's no one around so I look forward to when I get a new one.

I'm currently experimenting with adding them to my Star Trek Blu-rays. Just to be clear before anyone comes down on me, I OWN all of the available Star Trek blu-rays. All series, all movies. I ripped WNMHGB onto my HDD and added the FREE podcast to the audio streams. I'm just waiting to see how it turns out. I like to watch TOS late at night and I always lament the fact that they don't have any commentaries. Now I may be able to solve that problem with the available free podcasts and me legally owning all the blu-rays.
toonloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4 2012, 11:56 PM   #4
TOSalltheway
Lieutenant Commander
 
Re: Roddenberry Podcasts

Very entertaining. These guys love the show but do not take it too seriously. They look at all the little plot flaws etc. as what they are, mistakes in a TV show made half a century ago. A good light hearted look at the show we all treasure.
TOSalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2012, 12:37 PM   #5
toonloon
Commander
 
Location: London, UK
Re: Roddenberry Podcasts

Well said!
toonloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2012, 07:38 PM   #6
CorporalCaptain
Vice Admiral
 
CorporalCaptain's Avatar
 
Location: Kentucky
Re: Roddenberry Podcasts

Where are these podcasts available?
__________________
John
CorporalCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2012, 09:20 PM   #7
Kirkman1987
Commodore
 
Kirkman1987's Avatar
 
Location: Missouri
Re: Roddenberry Podcasts

CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post
Where are these podcasts available?
http://www.missionlogpodcast.com/

I've been enjoying these podcasts as well. I'm sure they will at least finish TOS.
Kirkman1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2012, 09:24 PM   #8
CorporalCaptain
Vice Admiral
 
CorporalCaptain's Avatar
 
Location: Kentucky
Re: Roddenberry Podcasts

Kirkman1987 wrote: View Post
CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post
Where are these podcasts available?
http://www.missionlogpodcast.com/

I've been enjoying these podcasts as well. I'm sure they will at least finish TOS.
Awesome, thanks!
__________________
John
CorporalCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2012, 07:58 PM   #9
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: Hollywood, CA
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive
Re: Roddenberry Podcasts

These episodes are great. You guys should really check them out!
__________________
"You are the product. You feeling something. That's what sells. Not them. Not sex. They can't do what we do and they hate us for it."
--Don Draper
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2012, 02:15 AM   #10
Kelso
Vice Admiral
 
Kelso's Avatar
 
Location: On the destruct button until the last minute!
View Kelso's Twitter Profile
Re: Roddenberry Podcasts

I enjoy them. Though when it was announced that Roddenberry.com was doing this podcast, I had hoped that there would be some additional inside info from the Roddenberry family... tidbits from Gene's notes, or anecdotes from the family, something like that. That has been my only disappointment. But for a podcast with two random guys talking about Star Trek episodes, it is quite enjoyable. I intend to continue listening.
Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2012, 03:28 AM   #11
Esteban
Commander
 
Esteban's Avatar
 
Location: Hairclub for Men
Re: Roddenberry Podcasts

I must dissent.

I love Ken Ray from his MacOsKen podcasts. But, despite his enthusiasm for the project, they get important details wrong.

I applaud the effort, but they need a Talmudist to do a little fact-checking.
Esteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2012, 09:01 PM   #12
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: Hollywood, CA
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive
Re: Roddenberry Podcasts

Esteban wrote: View Post
I must dissent.

I love Ken Ray from his MacOsKen podcasts. But, despite his enthusiasm for the project, they get important details wrong.

I applaud the effort, but they need a Talmudist to do a little fact-checking.
I must ask then - what "important details" are they "getting wrong" ?

It's easy to criticize something with that particular item; it's another thing to back it up with evidence to prove it. i'll gladly eat my words if they have gotten some things wrong, but I'd like to know, specifically what you're referring to. Is it just one fact? Two? Or several? If so, what are they?
__________________
"You are the product. You feeling something. That's what sells. Not them. Not sex. They can't do what we do and they hate us for it."
--Don Draper
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9 2012, 09:45 PM   #13
Tracer Bullet
Lieutenant
 
Location: IND Crosstown
Re: Roddenberry Podcasts

That's funny, because I just started a Star Trek podcast called Trekabout. The concept: a Trekkie (me) and a non-Trekkie start at the beginning and cover the franchise, two episodes at a time. All of it.

I'm finding it really fun to see how a non-Trekkie reacts to the show. What he likes, what he doesn't, and what he reacts to. Will he become a fan? Why do so many people still love Trek?

If this sounds interesting, check out the first episode here:

oncamazotz.com/2012/09/06/trekabout-episode-1-spock-was-right/
Tracer Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10 2012, 03:41 AM   #14
Esteban
Commander
 
Esteban's Avatar
 
Location: Hairclub for Men
Re: Roddenberry Podcasts

doubleohfive wrote: View Post
Esteban wrote: View Post
I must dissent.

I love Ken Ray from his MacOsKen podcasts. But, despite his enthusiasm for the project, they get important details wrong.

I applaud the effort, but they need a Talmudist to do a little fact-checking.
I must ask then - what "important details" are they "getting wrong" ?

It's easy to criticize something with that particular item; it's another thing to back it up with evidence to prove it. i'll gladly eat my words if they have gotten some things wrong, but I'd like to know, specifically what you're referring to. Is it just one fact? Two? Or several? If so, what are they?
I wish I could give you details. Trust me, I'm not just criticizing for the sake of being ornery.

Because I AM a fan of Ken's, I tuned into his first and subsequent endeavors.

I like what they're doing. I like their approach. But they are getting some facts wrong.

Unfortunately, I have not listed them. Nor am I likely to. But they are glaring to me, as they would be to any 50-year-old fan who has seen, read, listened, watched, etc. EVERY thing about TOS.

I'm not trying to be a self-aggrandizing terminally weird fan. I'm sorry that I don't have the time to re-listen and make notes. Next time I catch one, I'll try. But let's face it, I'm usually listening with other things going on.

But I know what I know, Doctor.
Esteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10 2012, 04:59 PM   #15
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: Hollywood, CA
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive
Re: Roddenberry Podcasts

Esteban wrote: View Post
doubleohfive wrote: View Post
Esteban wrote: View Post
I must dissent.

I love Ken Ray from his MacOsKen podcasts. But, despite his enthusiasm for the project, they get important details wrong.

I applaud the effort, but they need a Talmudist to do a little fact-checking.
I must ask then - what "important details" are they "getting wrong" ?

It's easy to criticize something with that particular item; it's another thing to back it up with evidence to prove it. i'll gladly eat my words if they have gotten some things wrong, but I'd like to know, specifically what you're referring to. Is it just one fact? Two? Or several? If so, what are they?
I wish I could give you details. Trust me, I'm not just criticizing for the sake of being ornery.

Because I AM a fan of Ken's, I tuned into his first and subsequent endeavors.

I like what they're doing. I like their approach. But they are getting some facts wrong.

Unfortunately, I have not listed them. Nor am I likely to. But they are glaring to me, as they would be to any 50-year-old fan who has seen, read, listened, watched, etc. EVERY thing about TOS.

I'm not trying to be a self-aggrandizing terminally weird fan. I'm sorry that I don't have the time to re-listen and make notes. Next time I catch one, I'll try. But let's face it, I'm usually listening with other things going on.

But I know what I know, Doctor.
Sorry, not buying it. As I said - it's easy to criticize something, but you're not even backing your assertion up. You claim they "got things wrong" and need to do more "fact-checking" but aren't even able to offer even one example of what you are claiming is the major fault of these shows for you.

I declare shenanigans. Nobody's asking you to re-listen to any of the shows. But for crying out loud, you're just blowing hot air here. Let me guess - you also have inside info that Rick Berman did plagiarize Babylon 5 for DS9 also, but can't name your source, right?
__________________
"You are the product. You feeling something. That's what sells. Not them. Not sex. They can't do what we do and they hate us for it."
--Don Draper
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.