A Baby For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Star Trek - Original Series

Star Trek - Original Series The one that started it all...

Old September 4 2012, 08:07 PM   #1
toonloon
Commander

Roddenberry Podcasts

If you guys haven't been getting these, then I highly recommend them. They are great!

I've really enjoyed listening to these. I hope they do the whole serious because they are terrific!
toonloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4 2012, 08:33 PM   #2
22 Stars
Commodore

Re: Roddenberry Podcasts

I wish i had the time to listen! With a new baby and new apartment, time is the one thing I don't have in abundance. I love the idea and will make sure to download them!
22 Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4 2012, 08:38 PM   #3
toonloon
Commander

I listen to them at work. I have a cleaning job and there's no one around so I look forward to when I get a new one.

I'm currently experimenting with adding them to my Star Trek Blu-rays. Just to be clear before anyone comes down on me, I OWN all of the available Star Trek blu-rays. All series, all movies. I ripped WNMHGB onto my HDD and added the FREE podcast to the audio streams. I'm just waiting to see how it turns out. I like to watch TOS late at night and I always lament the fact that they don't have any commentaries. Now I may be able to solve that problem with the available free podcasts and me legally owning all the blu-rays.
Old September 4 2012, 11:56 PM   #4
TOSalltheway
Lieutenant Commander

Very entertaining. These guys love the show but do not take it too seriously. They look at all the little plot flaws etc. as what they are, mistakes in a TV show made half a century ago. A good light hearted look at the show we all treasure.
TOSalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2012, 12:37 PM   #5
toonloon
Commander

Well said!
Old September 5 2012, 07:38 PM   #6
CorporalCaptain
Vice Admiral

Where are these podcasts available?
Old September 5 2012, 09:20 PM   #7
Kirkman1987
Commodore

CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post
http://www.missionlogpodcast.com/

I've been enjoying these podcasts as well. I'm sure they will at least finish TOS.
Kirkman1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2012, 09:24 PM   #8
CorporalCaptain
Vice Admiral

Kirkman1987 wrote: View Post
CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post
http://www.missionlogpodcast.com/

I've been enjoying these podcasts as well. I'm sure they will at least finish TOS.
Awesome, thanks!
Old September 6 2012, 07:58 PM   #9
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive

These episodes are great. You guys should really check them out!
Old September 7 2012, 02:15 AM   #10
Kelso
Vice Admiral

View Kelso's Twitter Profile

I enjoy them. Though when it was announced that Roddenberry.com was doing this podcast, I had hoped that there would be some additional inside info from the Roddenberry family... tidbits from Gene's notes, or anecdotes from the family, something like that. That has been my only disappointment. But for a podcast with two random guys talking about Star Trek episodes, it is quite enjoyable. I intend to continue listening.
Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2012, 03:28 AM   #11
Esteban
Commander

I must dissent.

I love Ken Ray from his MacOsKen podcasts. But, despite his enthusiasm for the project, they get important details wrong.

I applaud the effort, but they need a Talmudist to do a little fact-checking.
Esteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2012, 09:01 PM   #12
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Esteban wrote: View Post
I must dissent.

I love Ken Ray from his MacOsKen podcasts. But, despite his enthusiasm for the project, they get important details wrong.

I must ask then - what "important details" are they "getting wrong" ?

It's easy to criticize something with that particular item; it's another thing to back it up with evidence to prove it. i'll gladly eat my words if they have gotten some things wrong, but I'd like to know, specifically what you're referring to. Is it just one fact? Two? Or several? If so, what are they?
Old September 9 2012, 09:45 PM   #13
Tracer Bullet
Lieutenant

That's funny, because I just started a Star Trek podcast called Trekabout. The concept: a Trekkie (me) and a non-Trekkie start at the beginning and cover the franchise, two episodes at a time. All of it.

I'm finding it really fun to see how a non-Trekkie reacts to the show. What he likes, what he doesn't, and what he reacts to. Will he become a fan? Why do so many people still love Trek?

If this sounds interesting, check out the first episode here:

oncamazotz.com/2012/09/06/trekabout-episode-1-spock-was-right/
Tracer Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10 2012, 03:41 AM   #14
Esteban
Commander

doubleohfive wrote: View Post
I must dissent.

It's easy to criticize something with that particular item; it's another thing to back it up with evidence to prove it. i'll gladly eat my words if they have gotten some things wrong, but I'd like to know, specifically what you're referring to. Is it just one fact? Two? Or several? If so, what are they?
I wish I could give you details. Trust me, I'm not just criticizing for the sake of being ornery.

Because I AM a fan of Ken's, I tuned into his first and subsequent endeavors.

I like what they're doing. I like their approach. But they are getting some facts wrong.

Unfortunately, I have not listed them. Nor am I likely to. But they are glaring to me, as they would be to any 50-year-old fan who has seen, read, listened, watched, etc. EVERY thing about TOS.

I'm not trying to be a self-aggrandizing terminally weird fan. I'm sorry that I don't have the time to re-listen and make notes. Next time I catch one, I'll try. But let's face it, I'm usually listening with other things going on.

But I know what I know, Doctor.
Esteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10 2012, 04:59 PM   #15
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

doubleohfive wrote: View Post
I must dissent.

I wish I could give you details. Trust me, I'm not just criticizing for the sake of being ornery.

Because I AM a fan of Ken's, I tuned into his first and subsequent endeavors.

I like what they're doing. I like their approach. But they are getting some facts wrong.

Unfortunately, I have not listed them. Nor am I likely to. But they are glaring to me, as they would be to any 50-year-old fan who has seen, read, listened, watched, etc. EVERY thing about TOS.

I'm not trying to be a self-aggrandizing terminally weird fan. I'm sorry that I don't have the time to re-listen and make notes. Next time I catch one, I'll try. But let's face it, I'm usually listening with other things going on.

But I know what I know, Doctor.
Sorry, not buying it. As I said - it's easy to criticize something, but you're not even backing your assertion up. You claim they "got things wrong" and need to do more "fact-checking" but aren't even able to offer even one example of what you are claiming is the major fault of these shows for you.

I declare shenanigans. Nobody's asking you to re-listen to any of the shows. But for crying out loud, you're just blowing hot air here. Let me guess - you also have inside info that Rick Berman did plagiarize Babylon 5 for DS9 also, but can't name your source, right?