Voyager Bridge Via The Oculus Rift
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Miles Away Glyph Award Nominations
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Q Meets NuTrek Crew
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

Pine In Talks For Drama
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old September 6 2012, 01:35 AM   #301
NewHorizon
Captain

Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

trekker670 wrote: View Post
Hopefully this information is useful for some of you that haven't received your replacements when ordered via email.
Sounds like you got the exact same girl I spoke with. That's exactly how she treated me. I actually found her behavior to be somewhat rude.
NewHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2012, 03:04 AM   #302
trekker670
Captain

^ Agreed, which is surprising since most people have reported their customer service on the phone has been great.
trekker670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2012, 08:38 AM   #303
picard_2305
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Called Play.com again and they said they are still awaiting stock and it will be sent as soon as they get note saying that it is back in.

I wonder why Play.com are still awaiting for stock when people who ordered from Amazon.co.uk are already receiving their replacements.

They said I can return it for refund, which I dont want to do as I just want the corrected replacement.

Anyone else here still awaiting word from play.com?
picard_2305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2012, 01:56 PM   #304
MikeS
Fleet Captain

Sounds like you've all fell prey to Rule Of Acquisition No. 1!
Old September 6 2012, 02:48 PM   #305
Glommer
Cadet

Maxwell Everett wrote: View Post

Anyway, they put a TNG Starfleet symbol next to the "DISC NUMBER" to identify the corrected discs... so I imagine entire corrected sets should have the same symbol on the spine of the slip cover.
Today, I got the Steelbock Edition from Amazon Germany (the release date was pushed back to September 5th). I assume it only contains the corrected discs, but I can't be sure at the moment (my PS3 doesn't work).

I wonder if they fixed or changed things on the other discs, because each of the six BDs has the Starfleet symbol on it.
Glommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2012, 04:33 PM   #306
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Glommer wrote: View Post

I wonder if they fixed or changed things on the other discs, because each of the six BDs has the Starfleet symbol on it.
CBS probably added the symbol to all new pressings of the discs.
Old September 7 2012, 07:30 PM   #307
MikeS
Fleet Captain

MikeS wrote: View Post
Mr_Homn wrote: View Post
Mr_Homn wrote: View Post
So, if someone were to buy the bluray set for the first time, from say, amazon, would it be safe to assume that they would receive the corrected version right off the bat? Or would it be a gamble? I really don't want to go through this whole exchanging faulty discs thing if it can be avoided.
Asking again since nobody answered. I guess maybe nobody knows. Has there not be any official word on this? Would I just have to e-mail whatever retailer I use ahead of time to make sure I get the corrected versions the first time?
Where are you posting from?

I am in the UK and Amazon had a notice up for several weeks telling us there was a fault on the discs and they were awaiting replacements. That notice has now been taken down, and people are reporting having received the corrected discs. So I assume the replacements have arrived. I have put my order in but it will be a couple of weeks before they arrive. If they're the faulty discs (which I very much doubt) they'll be getting returned.
Just to confirm - I received the blu-ray's today (very sleek packaging compared to the DVD's!) and they have the Delta symbol on the packaging and discs. Amazon UK told me they'd be delivered by 11 September, they're four days early, more kudos to them for excellent customer service!
Old September 7 2012, 08:46 PM   #308
Mott the barber
Commodore

I just got an email notification from my condo that sender "STNG" has sent me a package. Looks like My discs have arrived!
Old September 7 2012, 08:53 PM   #309
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Got my replacement(s) today. I sent the serial/disc numbers eMail on August 2. Like everyone else has said, my discs came in a simple cardboard mailing envelope, inside of which where the four discs each in simple paper/plastic sleeves. Along with the discs I also got a postcard on one-side featuring the Enterprise saucer section coming into frame as it does at the end of opening credits under a "thank you, sorry we suck" message. On the reverse a still of the rough animation used to create the effect of people walking in the Observation Lounge in the above credits scene.

The discs are distinguished from their release counterparts by have the Starfleet Emblem on the label by the disc number.

Overall I'm satisfied with how this was handled though some more communication would have been nice. An eMail saying, "Your SL numbers have been validated, you will receive your replacements soon." Would have been nice. I'm not bothered by the delay in getting the discs, just that little lack of communication.

Now... What to do with these discs? I mean, they're still good and watchable if only in Dolby. Guess I'll give them to a friend.

Last edited by Trekker4747; September 8 2012 at 02:03 AM.
Trekker4747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2012, 12:38 AM   #310
picard_2305
Lieutenant Junior Grade

That's it I am going to call play.com before 5 pm on Mon so I can speak to their head office. If they don't give me the answer I want to hear I will refund my set and wil rebuy it from Amazon since I know that they have the replacements.

I can be patient to a point but play are not saying anything and their customer service is not giving me a reliable answer.

Customers who bought of play.com, are you getting a bad vibe about this?
picard_2305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2012, 02:02 AM   #311
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

I don't understand why so many decided to try and to get the replacements from the various retailers they bought it from rather than going directly to Paramount/CBS's replacement program.
Old September 8 2012, 06:39 AM   #312
Captain Fine
Fleet Captain

View Captain Fine's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Captain Fine Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Fine Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Fine

Anyone in Canada received replacements yet?
Old September 8 2012, 10:22 AM   #313
Scotty
Rear Admiral

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
I don't understand why so many decided to try and to get the replacements from the various retailers they bought it from rather than going directly to Paramount/CBS's replacement program.
Because in the UK the major retailers are handling the replacements.
Old September 8 2012, 10:25 AM   #314
Kryten
Ensign

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Probably as for one there doesn't actually seem to be a replacement programme in the UK. Those who bought from a couple of retailers are getting them replaced automatically by them but otherwise Sony DADC/Paramount are telling people to just return them to their retailers when they ask about the replacement programme.

I've seen a few e-mails from them elsewhere which included "Sony DADC UK simply the distributor of the goods, not the manufacturer or retailer; therefore are not required to replace any stock direct to the end user." This is rather at odds to the initial e-mail that they would all be replaced free of charge.

Not very impressive at all and I'm not too impressed with this "replacement" programme! I've ended up sending my set back to my retailer who denied there was a problem when I first contacted them for a replacement. They also aren't even contacting customers to tell them they bought a recalled product.
Kryten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2012, 11:13 AM   #315
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

I thought they were still working out a replacement program for the UK and just hadn't established one yet.