Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Future of Trek

Future of Trek Discussion of future Trek projects.

Old September 5 2012, 10:07 PM   #76
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: What do want to see from a new series

Bry_Sinclair wrote: View Post
I love Vulcans, even though I know they could never love me back

A series set on an all-Vulcan ship, they could call it: "Star Trek: IDIC"
I'm not sure you've got a ratings winner there.
Old September 6 2012, 02:43 AM   #77
Mars
Captain

BillJ wrote: View Post
I love Vulcans, even though I know they could never love me back

A series set on an all-Vulcan ship, they could call it: "Star Trek: IDIC"
I'm not sure you've got a ratings winner there.
I think Lenard Nimoy had it easy when he played spock, playing an emotionless character is easy, you just read your lines without any feeling, its doing the emotions that is hard.
Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2012, 01:14 PM   #78
Bry_Sinclair
Commodore

It was a joke. Though just imagine the episode when they get flung back to 2012 and encounter "reality" TV

Though I know they have been in three series, I would like a Vulcan in the next series as well. They are an interesting and complex species, who always provide a different view on things. Perhaps in a very different role than we've seen them in before, Ship's Counsellor perhaps?
Old September 7 2012, 03:04 AM   #79
Mars
Captain

It was a joke. Though just imagine the episode when they get flung back to 2012 and encounter "reality" TV

Though I know they have been in three series, I would like a Vulcan in the next series as well. They are an interesting and complex species, who always provide a different view on things. Perhaps in a very different role than we've seen them in before, Ship's Counsellor perhaps?
A vulcan maybe, but not a ship full of vulcans, that would be too much! I would like a Galaxy class ship flung back to 2012 then the Captain could beam people up and have his own "reality show" with the contestants.
Old September 7 2012, 05:02 AM   #80
Overbound
Ensign

Maddox breaks B4 and as punishment starfleet asigns him to becomes Data's yeoman.

A Data show doesn't have to be live action.
Overbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2012, 06:41 AM   #81
intrinsical
Fleet Captain

I don't really care about the form a new Trek series will take. What's important for me is that the new Trek series should return to the optimism that Trek have always had.
Old September 7 2012, 02:03 PM   #82
Mars
Captain

intrinsical wrote: View Post
I don't really care about the form a new Trek series will take. What's important for me is that the new Trek series should return to the optimism that Trek have always had.
I didn't know that it had ever left. But you do need conflict to have a story, otherwise it becomes boring. I think its important not to have everybody cut out of the same starfleet issue cloth.
Old September 8 2012, 06:46 AM   #83
T'Girl
Vice Admiral

Perhaps in a very different role than we've seen them in before, Ship's Counsellor perhaps?
To have a councilor who feels nothing emotionally themselves, ask you how you feel? That would be interesting.

T'Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2012, 06:49 AM   #84
Methos
First Officer: USS Aventine

View Methos's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Methos Send a message via Yahoo to Methos

Vulcan / Betazoid child?

I've used that in one of my fics before... character who can 'feel' the emotions around her, but is utterly confused and confounded by them as she represses her own...

M
Old September 18 2012, 03:58 PM   #85
grabthars hammer
Captain

- I'd like to see some more 'realistic' physics or at least an acknowledgment that space is 3-dimensional, like what was shown on BSG:
e.g. Moving ships should not come to a complete stop or even slow down when they lose power; ships should be able to simply 'flip' using thrusters when turning around, particularly in battle; a group of ships should not be able to 'blockade' a planet when they're all on just one side of it.

- NO Brannon Braga - no more writers who paint themselves into a corner for 40 minutes then just slap on a technobabble resolution - writers should know from the beginning where their script is headed, thats writing 101. Besides, Braga probably can't even book flights now without getting them canceled. Put up force fields, orbital cannon platforms, whatever it takes to keep him away from a Trek production.

- No more forehead-of-the-week aliens, who pretty much live exactly the way humans do; let's meet more really alien aliens; the milky way has been around billions of years; I'm sure there are plenty of species that evolved on different timetables. At the very least, the different humanoid species, despite being supposedly 'planted' by the same beings, should have evolved in a larger variety of ways, beyond what types of food they eat and the color of their ships.

Last edited by grabthars hammer; September 18 2012 at 04:09 PM.
grabthars hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2012, 09:03 AM   #86
Bry_Sinclair
Commodore

T'Girl wrote: View Post
Perhaps in a very different role than we've seen them in before, Ship's Counsellor perhaps?
To have a councilor who feels nothing emotionally themselves, ask you how you feel? That would be interesting.

That's what I thought. They don't express their emotions but do have them, they choose to control them and follow a path of logic. There was that VOY episode where Tuvok helped analyse Kim's infatuation on a 'hologram'.

If they did go this route, I'd like it to be a male Vulcan so that there was a man as ship's counsellor (Troi jumpsuit optional ).
Old September 19 2012, 09:10 AM   #87
Delsaber
Commodore

Federation post-apocalypse. It's all got to fall apart sooner or later... I'd like to see what the Alpha Quadrant will be like after everything has gone to hell, and how it'll be put back together again.
Old September 19 2012, 09:22 AM   #88
Jimi_James
Lieutenant Commander

View Jimi_James's Twitter Profile

I'd like to see something that actually moves away from the standard ship & crew format we've seen for five series and eleven movies. They've got a whole universe to work with, but most people seem to want different variations of the same standard formula.

And nothing like a Trek Law and Order, or Trek CSI. Come up with something more original than doing another genre within the Trek universe.

My YouTube Gaming Channel
Jimi_James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2012, 04:47 PM   #89
Bry_Sinclair
Commodore

Jimi_James wrote: View Post
I'd like to see something that actually moves away from the standard ship & crew format we've seen for five series and eleven movies. They've got a whole universe to work with, but most people seem to want different variations of the same standard formula.

And nothing like a Trek Law and Order, or Trek CSI. Come up with something more original than doing another genre within the Trek universe.
You seem to contradict yourself, asking for a very rehashed genre/format but in a Trek style.

A CSI Trek wouldn't work, the level of technology makes it pretty redundant.

A non-standard Trek would really need to be original in its approach and execution. So long as they had good characters and stories, it really could be set anywhere. But they need to repair the damage done by VOY and ENT and get viewers back to Trek.
Old September 19 2012, 09:59 PM   #90
Jimi_James
Lieutenant Commander

View Jimi_James's Twitter Profile

I'm not asking for a rehashed genre in a Trek style, I'm saying steer clear of it. Doing things that have been done for is not the way to make Trek prosper again.

My YouTube Gaming Channel
Jimi_James is offline   Reply With Quote