Star Trek #39 Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old August 29 2012, 05:56 AM   #31
Newtrek
Lieutenant

Re: Star Trek Secret Voyage: E01 Whose Birth These Triumphs Are

Great dialoge interesting to hear peoples passions and preferences come out.

Last edited by Newtrek; August 29 2012 at 06:13 AM.
Newtrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2012, 06:12 AM   #32
Newtrek
Lieutenant

Actually, we have done quite a few progressive things such as having altered the length of those so called "microdresses" and we added a short rather than the original cocktail server panty. We feel this makes the uniform more functional while keeping as close to the original designs that we DO like. Our moto is "Our gals kick tail without showing to much of theirs". Additionally, we plan on introducing new experimental technologies and uniform designs that honor the time frame but help bridge the gap between the end of Kirk's first 5 year mission and the first Star Trek movie. Things like the addition of digital controls over the previous analog versions from the tv series. We are NOT purists and have no desire to agrue over preferences, there are too many and even the purists can't agree on them. We choose not to assume that only what we see on screen is the truth and nothing but the truth any more that seeing what is on one navy ship tells you everything about the military. The world of Star Trek has room for interpretation and this series is also designed for the NON TREK fan. If I could have had my way and do things over I would have had our background actors more trimmed though. No agruments there, I guess we'll all just have to let it go for now. Our greater focus is to explore good ol fashioned Science Fiction rather than make people feel they are watching a classic trek from the 60's. There is a balance though as we do wish to honor the original series and bring as many fans as we can along for the ride.
Old August 29 2012, 10:03 PM   #33
Barbreader
Fleet Captain

View Barbreader's Twitter Profile

I am not a purist. I enjoyed your first release a lot. Thank you for it. Good writing and good acting is what makes a show for me. You had both.
Barbreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2012, 07:00 AM   #34
Linnear
Lieutenant Commander

Everyone's a critic! UGH. ;-) You have to work within a universe that has a lot established. Then you try and make small changes. Ultimately it is a FREAKING FAN FILM so lighten up Francis.

Craig has done an amazing job. And frankly, I think just getting a complete episode is an incredible feat.

Plus, Craig did a class A job at the Vegas Convention. His booth was VERY impressive and on Saturday he had all his people there in costume.

I don't stress about the little things. I want to see good acting and good story. Those are the things where fan films always fail. I think Craig has done well ob both counts.

Alec
Linnear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2013, 01:05 AM   #35
Bixby
Commander

Their Facebook page doesn't really have an update on their project. Anyone know the status for their next episode ?
Bixby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2013, 01:14 AM   #36
Potemkin_Prod
Commodore

He's responded a bit on Facebook, and after his initial decision to shut down his production, he's a bit more flexible on resuming production. I think he was expecting more of a groundswell of support in donations and the like, and it just didn't happen. But several of us have offered to help him with his production, and he's been receptive to our help. I'm hoping that we can at least finish what he's shot.
http://www.projectpotemkin.com
Potemkin_Prod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 5 2013, 09:01 AM   #37
MauriceNavidad
Vice Admiral

View MauriceNavidad's Twitter Profile

Potemkin_Prod wrote: View Post
.. I think he was expecting more of a groundswell of support in donations and the like, and it just didn't happen...
That would be pretty naïve given how many fan productions there are and how many established productions there are to which people could donate money, and that his group really had no track record.

Last edited by MauriceNavidad; April 6 2013 at 05:21 AM.
MauriceNavidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5 2013, 11:06 AM   #38
MikeH92467
Vice Admiral

View MikeH92467's Twitter Profile

I don't think anyone (even people with some professional background) appreciates just how hard it is to put together a fan film until they try it. For what's it worth, I really liked the concept and thought the cast was terrific. There were plenty of rough edges, but I thought the first outing showed a lot of promise.
MikeH92467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2013, 07:43 AM   #39
MauriceNavidad
Vice Admiral

View MauriceNavidad's Twitter Profile

MikeH92467 wrote: View Post
I don't think anyone (even people with some professional background) appreciates just how hard it is to put together a fan film until they try it. For what's it worth, I really liked the concept and thought the cast was terrific. There were plenty of rough edges, but I thought the first outing showed a lot of promise.
Not quite following this. People with a professional background...in what? There's nothing special about shooting a fanfilm as opposed to a regular film except maybe you have the build more stuff (costumes, props, etc.), and deal with more optical effects than maybe a contemporary piece (and even that is changing what with digital set extensions, etc.).
MauriceNavidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2013, 03:21 PM   #40
MikeH92467
Vice Admiral

View MikeH92467's Twitter Profile

Maurice wrote: View Post
MikeH92467 wrote: View Post
Not quite following this. People with a professional background...in what? There's nothing special about shooting a fanfilm as opposed to a regular film except maybe you have the build more stuff (costumes, props, etc.), and deal with more optical effects than maybe a contemporary piece (and even that is changing what with digital set extensions, etc.).
There were people who have some experience in the film industry involved with that project. However, I think that having experience working on professional projects doesn't fully prepare someone for the amount of work that goes into being a producer with overall responsibility for a project.

Speaking for myself, when I joined the Excelsior team I had well over 20 years of experience in radio, but I still was overwhelmed in the beginning by everything that was involved in putting together a full audio production.
MikeH92467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11 2013, 11:28 AM   #41
Solarbaby
Fleet Captain

View Solarbaby's Twitter Profile

Potemkin_Prod wrote: View Post
Here's the Vimeo version: https://vimeo.com/47136546

I get this message Permission Denied

Sorry, you do not have permission to watch this private video.
Old April 11 2013, 04:19 PM   #42
Potemkin_Prod
Commodore

I presume Craig took the videos down from both YouTube and Vimeo, but the links were valid six months ago when originally posted. Sorry you missed them.
Old April 12 2013, 12:46 AM   #43
dayxday1000
Lieutenant Commander

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpMiyKGvrt8
dayxday1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29 2013, 08:39 PM   #44
Newtrek
Lieutenant

Footage being assembled for release of episode 02: Rise of the Gongdea. Two shorter installments will led up to the conclusion of the pilot episode. It was always the intent to have these installments be shorter and faster moving for the Web 10-20 mins. Follow us on Facebook for current news as this forum is only a minor outlet.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Star-...86558761372355
Old May 30 2013, 04:57 AM   #45
Potemkin_Prod
Commodore

Looking forward to the next installment!