The Bay (aka Isopod) 2011 dir. by Barry Levinson

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by jefferiestubes8, Sep 28, 2010.

1. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

plot:
    http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/21820
    via

imdb listing:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1713476/

I guess this is the copycat competition to
    "Contagion" 3-D virus thriller dir. by Steven Soderbergh

2. Aeon

Aeon Commander Red Shirt

Might be an interesting take on the usual body snatching scenario.

3. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

Isopods are creepy lil' critters. This could work.

4. jefferiestubes8

5. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Yes, just like United 93 and Snakes on a Plane are copycats because they both involve passenger jets.

Or was that just a reason to post a link in your promotional thread for The Bay back to your promotional thread for Contagion which you used as a promotional thread for a bunch of other peripherally related movies? I don't know why, because you don't actually post any sales links, but I always get the feeling like you're trying to get me to buy Blu-Rays and DVDs.

I'm surprised to see Barry Levinson directing this. I guess his most comparable film would be Sphere, but that was more cerebral scares (literally) than straight up horror (it was also not very good). But maybe his involvement can elevate this above the usual level of found-footage horror films.

6. jefferiestubes8

posting style & links

No. When The Bay was announced it was a biological disaster Horror,Sci-Fi,Thriller. There has not been very many medical thriller disaster films since Outbreak (1995). Contagion was a action,sci-fi,thriller centered on the threat posed by a deadly disease. The Bay is a biological disaster horror film. similar genres although different executions with The Bay going more horror. Not quite the same as when you have 2 films like Dante's Peak and Volcano that come out the same year that are of the same genre I refer to them as copycat films as two different major film companies are making very similar films. This example are volcano-based disaster films.

I am not. When I start a new thread on a film, tv series, etc. I reference my source or 2 sources in the first post which are usually trade journals or trade blogs along with my thoughts on how the synopsis sounds to start the discussion on a new film or TV series. In the last year I have changed my posting style and added more of my own opinion than 2 years ago.
    If while posting on a thread referring to a film or franchise where there is a thread about it on TrekBBS I usually try to point there so TrekBBS members can see the discussion here by our own members on this forum rather than just imdb.com link. If I am just mentioning an old film like Wargames I link to imdb.com as a reference.
    I have given you my answers. If you have additional questions Locutus of Bored PM me.