MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!

True Trek History To Be Penned

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Future of Trek

Future of Trek Discussion of future Trek projects.

Old September 5 2012, 08:03 PM   #16
yenny
Captain

Re: Two new Star Trek Series might be coming to the small screen.

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
He could play Ambassador Worf, older now and having trouble letting go of her badass youth as a Klingon warrior. That's a reasonable basis for a character. The real problem there is, Worf is associated with old pre-Abrams Trek, the stuff that flopped, and CBS will want to align itself with the movies and recent success.
Actually pre-Abrams Trek didn't flopped. It was on television for 18 years, fans just got bored of the same routine. And Enterprise was doom to be cancel, even before it even air.
yenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2012, 08:42 PM   #17
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

yenny wrote: View Post
He could play Ambassador Worf, older now and having trouble letting go of her badass youth as a Klingon warrior. That's a reasonable basis for a character. The real problem there is, Worf is associated with old pre-Abrams Trek, the stuff that flopped, and CBS will want to align itself with the movies and recent success.
Actually pre-Abrams Trek didn't flopped. It was on television for 18 years, fans just got bored of the same routine. And Enterprise was doom to be cancel, even before it even air.
Yes, but, that's reality, which is a completely different universe, then a bean counter looking back now at numbers on a Spreadsheet and making assumptions

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2012, 09:08 PM   #18
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Mars wrote: View Post
NrobbieC wrote: View Post
He could play Ambassador Worf, older now and having trouble letting go of her badass youth as a Klingon warrior. That's a reasonable basis for a character.
Worf having a sex change is reasonable development?
Let me play Sigmund Freud and ask, what is this obsession with sex? I watch the show for science fiction, not for sex, what gives?
It was a joke, inspired by a typo.

But it's probably worth noting that the very first episode of STAR TREK, "The Cage," is all about aliens trying to trick a captured human into mating with a female specimen. And when that doesn't work, they offer him a choice of females!

Sex and Star Trek go waaaay back . . .
Old September 5 2012, 10:07 PM   #19
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Yes, but, that's reality, which is a completely different universe, then a bean counter looking back now at numbers on a Spreadsheet and making assumptions
Yep, its all about, what have you done for me lately, baby? To the bean coutner mentality, Star Trek was old and tired and nobody wanted to watch it anymore until JJ Abrams came along and made it relevant and popular again.

And the bean counters hold veto power over any new series. Whether their mndset is valid or fair is beside the point. It must be taken into consideration in any realistic appraisal of the franchise's future. Even if its nothing more than Abrams giving his PR blessing to a new series and just stepping aside because he's not interested n being involved.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2012, 10:09 PM   #20
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

He could play Ambassador Worf, older now and having trouble letting go of her badass youth as a Klingon warrior. That's a reasonable basis for a character.
Let me play Sigmund Freud and ask, what is this obsession with sex? I watch the show for science fiction, not for sex, what gives?
My ipad is a perv.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2012, 03:50 AM   #21
Lord Garth
Captain

I'd love to see a Captain Worf TV/DVD-movie. Depending upon how it would be, I wouldn't even mind a Worf series.

That having been said, Captain Worf could be the new Captain Sulu. Though, if the pattern holds, Michael Dorn could have a huge social media following on Facebook or its equivalent in 2030.
Lord Garth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2012, 04:39 AM   #22
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Ummmm, have you seen Star Trek?
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2012, 04:15 PM   #23
Jonny
Lieutenant Commander

It look like a new Star Trek series is being work on. Actually two Star Trek series are being work on. This one: http://sciencefiction.com/2012/02/06...han-you-think/ and the one Micheal Dorn is working on, call Star Trek: Captain Worf.
http://screenrant.com/star-trek-capt...-michael-dorn/

If either one of those happens I'd be happy just because I get to see new Star Trek series on my tv. At least until I saw it

Not holding my breath but I'd particularly like to see the Worf one as he's one of my personal favourites character wise.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2012, 09:30 PM   #24
Mars
Captain

Jonny wrote: View Post
It look like a new Star Trek series is being work on. Actually two Star Trek series are being work on. This one: http://sciencefiction.com/2012/02/06...han-you-think/ and the one Micheal Dorn is working on, call Star Trek: Captain Worf.
http://screenrant.com/star-trek-capt...-michael-dorn/

If either one of those happens I'd be happy just because I get to see new Star Trek series on my tv. At least until I saw it
I think its ok to have a starship commanded by Worf, but I don't think that show should be called "Captain Worf" it shouldn't be all about him, unless he is a fighter pilot.

Also the show would need something else besides just having a Klingon as Captain, there needs to be some concept like Voyager had one and Deep Space Nine, it can't be just about who commands the ship.
Not holding my breath but I'd particularly like to see the Worf one as he's one of my personal favourites character wise.
Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2012, 04:12 PM   #25
Jonny
Lieutenant Commander

I agree Mars.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote