RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 137,817
Posts: 5,326,514
Members: 24,550
Currently online: 656
Newest member: junkdata

TrekToday headlines

Latest Official Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Jul 10

Seven of Nine Bobble Head
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

Pegg The Prankster
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

More Trek Stars Join Unbelievable!!!!!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Future of Trek

Future of Trek Discussion of future Trek projects.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old September 4 2012, 06:51 PM   #1
yenny
Captain
 
Two new Star Trek Series might be coming to the small screen.

It look like a new Star Trek series is being work on. Actually two Star Trek series are being work on. This one: http://sciencefiction.com/2012/02/06...han-you-think/ and the one Micheal Dorn is working on, call Star Trek: Captain Worf.
http://screenrant.com/star-trek-capt...-michael-dorn/
yenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4 2012, 07:31 PM   #2
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: In the 23rd Century...
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Two new Star Trek Series might be coming to the small screen.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for either of these to ever see the light of day.
__________________
"When I first heard about it (the Enterprise underwater), my inner Trekkie was in a rage. When I saw it, my inner kid beat up my inner Trekkie and made him go sit in the corner." - Bill Jasper
BillJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 4 2012, 07:45 PM   #3
C.E. Evans
Vice Admiral
 
C.E. Evans's Avatar
 
Location: Saint Louis (aka Defiance)
Re: Two new Star Trek Series might be coming to the small screen.

CBS' Les Moonves probably has a desk full of written proposals for new Star Trek shows that he's using to line his birdcages with.
__________________
"Everybody wants to rule the world..."
C.E. Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4 2012, 07:49 PM   #4
Dukhat
Commodore
 
Dukhat's Avatar
 
Location: Baltimore, MD
Re: Two new Star Trek Series might be coming to the small screen.

1. Both of these ideas have been talked about here before, so this is not "new."

2. The first link you posted is 7 months old. Never mind the fact that David Foster has no chance in hell of creating a new Trek series, as has already been stated in previous discussion about this topic.

3. While Dorn has a better chance than Foster of getting something off the ground (like, a 1% better chance), that article is mistaken about a new "series." What Dorn was proposing was a one-off TV movie that would go direct-to-DVD, not a new series. And I'm not holding my breath either.
__________________
“Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.”
– Benjamin Franklin
Dukhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4 2012, 08:46 PM   #5
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: In the 23rd Century...
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Two new Star Trek Series might be coming to the small screen.

Dukhat wrote: View Post

3. While Dorn has a better chance than Foster of getting something off the ground (like, a 1% better chance), that article is mistaken about a new "series." What Dorn was proposing was a one-off TV movie that would go direct-to-DVD, not a new series. And I'm not holding my breath either.
I like Worf. But Michael Dorn has been in nearly three hundred episodes of Trek and four movies. It's time he find a different acting gig.
__________________
"When I first heard about it (the Enterprise underwater), my inner Trekkie was in a rage. When I saw it, my inner kid beat up my inner Trekkie and made him go sit in the corner." - Bill Jasper
BillJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 4 2012, 09:38 PM   #6
Dukhat
Commodore
 
Dukhat's Avatar
 
Location: Baltimore, MD
Re: Two new Star Trek Series might be coming to the small screen.

BillJ wrote: View Post
But Michael Dorn has been in nearly three hundred episodes of Trek and four movies. It's time he find a different acting gig.
That's the problem. I think I can count on one hand the number of Trek actors from TNG, DS9, VOY, and ENT combined who have had successful acting careers post-Trek. Without Worf, Dorn has nothing. Actually, he had nothing before Worf, as well.
__________________
“Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.”
– Benjamin Franklin
Dukhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2012, 12:41 AM   #7
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral
 
Temis the Vorta's Avatar
 
Location: Tatoinne
Re: Two new Star Trek Series might be coming to the small screen.

There have been plenty of chatter from people with a track record who are intersted in doing a series - Fuller, Singer, Seth McFarlane and Robert Orci by my last count. Have I missed anyone?

I wouldnt be at all surprised if one of their projects ends up being funded as a joint venture between CBS and Netflix (because CBS doesn't own an outlet that makes sense for Star Trek, but Les Moonves is buddying up to Netflix), announced after the success of the next movie (assuming it is a success, which seems highly likely), to debut around the time of the third movie's release.

But it wont have anything to do with Worf or involve anyone like David Foster, who has no credibility. Sure the guy has an idea for a series, so what, everyone in this forum has twenty ideas for a series, why don't they just turn the show over to us?
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2012, 12:43 AM   #8
Methos
First Officer: USS Aventine
 
Methos's Avatar
 
Location: Hiding under Gaila's bed...
View Methos's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Methos Send a message via Yahoo to Methos
Re: Two new Star Trek Series might be coming to the small screen.

I can imagine...

To be honest, i think our best bet for a good Star Trek series would be to wait until JJ Abrams has finished with the last season of Fringe, and then maybe he'll be interested in heading one up...

M
__________________
In Russia, a 122 year old man has passed away, he credited his long life to abtaining from alcohol, tobacco and women. His last words were "I've made a huge mistake."
Methos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2012, 01:59 AM   #9
Christopher
Writer
 
Christopher's Avatar
 
Re: Two new Star Trek Series might be coming to the small screen.

Dukhat wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
But Michael Dorn has been in nearly three hundred episodes of Trek and four movies. It's time he find a different acting gig.
That's the problem. I think I can count on one hand the number of Trek actors from TNG, DS9, VOY, and ENT combined who have had successful acting careers post-Trek. Without Worf, Dorn has nothing. Actually, he had nothing before Worf, as well.
That's not true at all. Before TNG, he had a supporting role on CHiPs for three seasons. And during and since his Trek years, he has had an extensive, highly successful career as a voice actor in animation, including Gargoyles (Coldstone), Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys (the main villain Nebula, opposite Babylon 5's Jerry Doyle as the title hero), Cow and Chicken and its spinoff I Am Weasel (as the title character of the latter), Superman: TAS (Kalibak and Steel), Justice League (Kalibak), Duck Dodgers (all the Martian robots), Ben 10 (Dr. Vicktor), The Super Hero Squad Show (Ronan the Accuser), and many others. He also played the US President in Heroes and currently has a recurring role as Beckett's therapist on Castle. He's had a very successful and prolific acting career; it's just been built more on his voice than his face.

I can't see him returning to Worf, though. On Castle he looks much older and much, much thinner than I remember him being, so I'm not sure he could convincingly play Worf anymore. (Unless it were an animated movie...)
__________________
Christopher L. Bennett Homepage -- Site update 4/8/14 including annotations for Rise of the Federation: Tower of Babel

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2012, 03:46 AM   #10
Dukhat
Commodore
 
Dukhat's Avatar
 
Location: Baltimore, MD
Re: Two new Star Trek Series might be coming to the small screen.

Christopher wrote: View Post
Before TNG, he had a supporting role on CHiPs for three seasons. And during and since his Trek years, he has had an extensive, highly successful career as a voice actor in animation, including Gargoyles (Coldstone), Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys (the main villain Nebula, opposite Babylon 5's Jerry Doyle as the title hero), Cow and Chicken and its spinoff I Am Weasel (as the title character of the latter), Superman: TAS (Kalibak and Steel), Justice League (Kalibak), Duck Dodgers (all the Martian robots), Ben 10 (Dr. Vicktor), The Super Hero Squad Show (Ronan the Accuser), and many others. He also played the US President in Heroes and currently has a recurring role as Beckett's therapist on Castle. He's had a very successful and prolific acting career; it's just been built more on his voice than his face.
While I'm not snubbing his voiceover work (and I should know, since I narrate books on tape for a living), I was referring to on-screen roles since Trek in which he was as prominent as he was as the character of Worf. But you're right; I shouldn't have brushed his career off so harshly.
__________________
“Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.”
– Benjamin Franklin
Dukhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2012, 10:24 AM   #11
Sexy Human
Lieutenant
 
Re: Two new Star Trek Series might be coming to the small screen.

Im getting the impression Worf is having a tough time letting go.
Sexy Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2012, 07:02 PM   #12
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral
 
Temis the Vorta's Avatar
 
Location: Tatoinne
Re: Two new Star Trek Series might be coming to the small screen.

He could play Ambassador Worf, older now and having trouble letting go of her badass youth as a Klingon warrior. That's a reasonable basis for a character. The real problem there is, Worf is associated with old pre-Abrams Trek, the stuff that flopped, and CBS will want to align itself with the movies and recent success.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2012, 07:08 PM   #13
NrobbieC
Commander
 
NrobbieC's Avatar
 
Location: Burton, UK
Re: Two new Star Trek Series might be coming to the small screen.

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
He could play Ambassador Worf, older now and having trouble letting go of her badass youth as a Klingon warrior. That's a reasonable basis for a character.
Worf having a sex change is reasonable development?
NrobbieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2012, 07:13 PM   #14
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral
 
Temis the Vorta's Avatar
 
Location: Tatoinne
Re: Two new Star Trek Series might be coming to the small screen.

My ipad is going its own thing again.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2012, 07:28 PM   #15
Mars
Captain
 
Re: Two new Star Trek Series might be coming to the small screen.

NrobbieC wrote: View Post
Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
He could play Ambassador Worf, older now and having trouble letting go of her badass youth as a Klingon warrior. That's a reasonable basis for a character.
Worf having a sex change is reasonable development?
Let me play Sigmund Freud and ask, what is this obsession with sex? I watch the show for science fiction, not for sex, what gives?
Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.