Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

New Trek Puzzles
By: T'Bonz on Oct 15

Star Trek Online: Delta Rising
By: T'Bonz on Oct 15

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Closed Thread

Old September 4 2012, 09:00 PM   #16
NrobbieC
Commander

Re: This show sucks shit

I am Surak wrote: View Post
Sexy Human wrote: View Post
I cant watch this anymore. It is just terrible, absolutely pitiful, and horrendous.

The sad thing is the first season wasnt actually that bad.

The further on it went the worse it seemed to get.

This show sucked shit and was a complete failure. Theres a reason they were deleted off the air in disgrace after like 60 episodes.

Clearly you are talking about about TNG.
I thought they were on about TOS, that was cancelled after 3 seasons.
Old September 4 2012, 09:09 PM   #17
R. Star
Rear Admiral

I am Surak wrote: View Post
I cant watch this anymore. It is just terrible, absolutely pitiful, and horrendous.

This show sucked shit and was a complete failure. Theres a reason they were deleted off the air in disgrace after like 60 episodes.

Clearly you are talking about about TNG.
Hey now, TNG wasn't cancelled.
Old September 5 2012, 01:01 AM   #18
Boo! Did I Scare Ya?
Admiral

Really. Your diatribe was nothing but verbal diarrhea. And definitely not funny.
Old September 5 2012, 01:04 AM   #19
Methos
First Officer: USS Aventine

View Methos's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Methos Send a message via Yahoo to Methos

simple answer here... don't watch it...

I find shows i don't like, but i don't feel the need to spout of written rants about the show and every reason i disliked it... noones forcing you to watch Enterprise or sit through the episodes

M
Old September 5 2012, 01:09 AM   #20
Nacluv
Lieutenant Commander

R. Star wrote: View Post
It probably wouldn't have been even if they would have made an eigth season which the actors were contracted for. Too bad the producers decided to end it and focus on the movies. It would be interesting to see how long they could go on before being cancelled. Who knows? Considering that the show was still as popular as ever by season 7, it wouldn't surprise me if they would have managed to make it to a 9th season.

And yes, Enterprise is the first show since the original to be cancelled. Though, I don't think it's fair comparing the television industry of the late 60s to the industry of the 90s and 00s.
Old September 5 2012, 01:25 AM   #21
Mr_Homn
Captain

Nacluv wrote: View Post
R. Star wrote: View Post
It probably wouldn't have been even if they would have made an eigth season which the actors were contracted for. Too bad the producers decided to end it and focus on the movies.
Agree. TNG was basically the only star trek show that did very well in ratings from beginning to end. This fact is often very annoying to fans of other trek shows, amusingly. (Hey, don't get mad at me. I love TOS, TNG, and DS9!)

REDrake wrote: View Post
lurok wrote: View Post
Ah, Enterprise. Catnip for trek trolls. If such things be of course.
There are. And they won. They killed Enterprise. Little did they knew they were also killing Star Trek TV shows.
Ridiculous logic. The audience isn't responsible for a show being a failure. The makers of the show are.
Old September 5 2012, 05:59 AM   #22
REDrake
Lieutenant

Send a message via Yahoo to REDrake

Mr_Homn wrote: View Post
Ridiculous logic. The audience isn't responsible for a show being a failure. The makers of the show are.
Depends what you mean by audience. I find that usually the minority make a much bigger noise.
Old September 5 2012, 07:32 AM   #23
chrinFinity
Commander

It is strange to see someone who is critical of Enterprise, but thinks its high point was season one.

To me, the first two seasons were mediochre at best, alternating between stupid plot ideas and the squandering of half-decent plot ideas. The third season was a really embarassing artifact of the immediate post-9/11 American psychology, a terrible waste of a year's worth of production... And then the fourth season under Coto and the 2 Reeves-Stevens was absolutely some of the highest quality Star Trek ever produced.
Old September 5 2012, 07:46 AM   #24
teacock
Admiral

chrinFinity wrote: View Post
The third season was a really embarassing artifact of the immediate post-9/11 American psychology, a terrible waste of a year's worth of production...
But they added a few zeroes.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old September 5 2012, 08:35 AM   #25
R. Star
Rear Admiral

chrinFinity wrote: View Post
It is strange to see someone who is critical of Enterprise, but thinks its high point was season one.

To me, the first two seasons were mediochre at best, alternating between stupid plot ideas and the squandering of half-decent plot ideas. The third season was a really embarassing artifact of the immediate post-9/11 American psychology, a terrible waste of a year's worth of production... And then the fourth season under Coto and the 2 Reeves-Stevens was absolutely some of the highest quality Star Trek ever produced.
Well when the OP's idea of criticism is "sucks shit" you really don't expect in depth detail and analysis. Or even a consistent one.

I'll agree that the first two seasons drove away a lot of fans when it was originally airing. The 3rd season was alright, though was way too drawn out. With the exception of the alien Nazi's in Storm Front and the silliness(for lack of a harsher word) that was These are the Voyagers, season 4 did produce some very interesting and in depth episodes. If the ever hypothetical season 5 would've happened on a level of quality like this, perhaps it is disappointing the show was canceled. Ultimately though, the damage really was done in the first two seasons.
Old September 5 2012, 08:53 AM   #26
Sexy Human
Lieutenant

I assure you all, I am not flaming or trolling... I actually love star trek. I love the idea, I loved TNG, and for the most part I really enjoyed the movies.

I am a realist, and I speak it like it is. This show is just really, painfully awful.

I am not going to lie. I kind of liked a few episodes. But for the most part it is really badly done, the characters are pretty weak, and its pretty boring and cheesy.
Old September 5 2012, 08:54 AM   #27
Sexy Human
Lieutenant

The Alien Nazis was quite possibly the stupidest shit ever created by a human being.
Old September 5 2012, 09:01 AM   #28
teacock
Admiral

The Alien Nazis was quite possibly the stupidest shit ever created by a human being.
You are wrong.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old September 5 2012, 09:23 AM   #29
Sexy Human
Lieutenant

How is this even remotely plausible, the idea of nazi aliens?

What were they racist roward jews? I dont get it? Why would someone even do this?

And no in case anyone is wondering its not like Im Jewish and being sensitive or something.

I would love to create a star trek franchise. I could do better than this.
Old September 5 2012, 09:35 AM   #30
Methos
First Officer: USS Aventine

View Methos's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Methos Send a message via Yahoo to Methos

M