Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

View Poll Results: Grade "Asylum Of The Daleks"
Geronimo! 96 55.17%
Good 57 32.76%
Average 15 8.62%
Save us! 4 2.30%
Exterminate!! 2 1.15%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 4 2012, 09:41 AM   #301
Ghost Bones
Captain

Re: 7X01 Asylum Of The Daleks (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

Starkers wrote: View Post
...because that's obviously the first word that comes into your head when you think of a woman...
That's even more pathetic than usual Starkers.
Old September 4 2012, 09:43 AM   #302
Starkers
Admiral

If the ghost shoe fits...
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4 2012, 09:47 AM   #303
Candlelight
Admiral

Bones has a point about most of the episode. It was pretty below par and much of the Moffatisms failed to fire with me.

I don't however agree with the crassness of the post. I never once considered her a bitch, nor should she have been referred to as such. By anyone.
Old September 4 2012, 10:01 AM   #304
Ghost Bones
Captain

Starkers wrote: View Post
If the ghost shoe fits...
Did you move your finger over a list of barely relevant clichés and stop at random? Pathetic, but at least not as outright offensive as sticking "...because you're obviously a badger-baiting nonce..." in a post, so demanding a denial.

Yeah, I called a shit, one-dimensional, fictional character a bitch. If in the forum quest to make the thread about me rather than the episode this is the ammunition of choice, well that's very sad and reflects poorly on all involved.
Old September 4 2012, 10:13 AM   #305
Candlelight
Admiral

I'm not attacking you, merely saying it's unnecessary.
Old September 4 2012, 10:18 AM   #306
Starkers
Admiral

Wait, badgers...what...er?

Anyway, I don't think calling you out for being offensive reflects poorly on anyone but you.

Really isn't it time you ditched this heel shtick?
Old September 4 2012, 10:19 AM   #307
Gov Kodos
Admiral

Gov Kodos wrote: View Post
Ghost Bones wrote: View Post
sidious618 wrote: View Post
Reasonable? After reading your review I feel like you watched a different episode from everyone else.
Why? Is there anything untrue or inaccurate in there?
It's the unrelenting and perpetual negativity. There is no more need to wonder what your opinion might be than to wonder if the sun will rise in the East tomorrow.
The fact I gave The Girl Who Waited full marks and The God Complex a high score last series is neither here nor there then? Maybe if they didn't make a show so crippled with flaws then I wouldn't be so uncouth as to point them out. By the same measure, it's predictable almost everyone here will squee and orgasm over each new episode, but I don't mention that.

But why are you talking about me? I come here to talk about the show, and time after time people insist on talking about me instead. It's flattering and all, but not the purpose of the forum.
And this. Folks point out the behavior, you get defensive and go into denial. The 'Flaws' you find are mostly matters of your opinion and are nothing really objective. A show 'so crippled with flaws' is no opinion worth taking seriously about Doctor Who. It is not made that badly, were it so it would fail and go off the air. Your dislike doesn't make it a flawed show, but it does show your inability to recognize that what you sound like is 'Stop liking what I don't like.' Try making your points without all the vitriol and you may get a better reception to your opinions.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched

Last edited by Gov Kodos; September 4 2012 at 10:33 AM.
Gov Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4 2012, 10:27 AM   #308
Ghost Bones
Captain

I'll make my points with as much vitriol as I like. If an episode of Doctor Who's shit, I'm bound to be unhappy about it. You wouldn't say to some squeeing airhead to stop being so happy about liking something.

Really, what this insistence on talking about me amounts to is that people can't handle vocal reasoned criticism of something they like, so instead they go on about the person making it instead. No accounting for base human nature.
Old September 4 2012, 10:32 AM   #309
Candlelight
Admiral

Wait till we break out the angry mob supplies.
Old September 4 2012, 10:34 AM   #310
Starkers
Admiral

And the never ending passive/aggressive continues...
Old September 4 2012, 10:40 AM   #311
The Mirrorball Man
Vice Admiral

View The Mirrorball Man's Twitter Profile

Is it really necessary to derail the thread like that? Really, Ghost Bones' attitude is seen as disruptive only because some people are offended by it. Let him express his opinions peacefully and move on.
Old September 4 2012, 10:40 AM   #312
Pindar
Rear Admiral

View Pindar's Twitter Profile

I'll make my points with as much vitriol as I like. If an episode of Doctor Who's shit, I'm bound to be unhappy about it. You wouldn't say to some squeeing airhead to stop being so happy about liking something.

Really, what this insistence on talking about me amounts to is that people can't handle vocal reasoned criticism of something they like, so instead they go on about the person making it instead. No accounting for base human nature.
The problem is whenever you make a valid point you make it in such an egregious manner that it can only be taken as a cry for attention.
Pindar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4 2012, 10:41 AM   #313
Ghost Bones
Captain

And this. Folks point out the behavior, you get defensive and go into denial. The 'Flaws' you find are mostly matters of your opinion and are nothing really objective. A show 'so crippled with flaws' is no opinion worth taking seriously about Doctor Who.
Oh you sneaked this in an edit after I'd already replied. That's true of some of my criticisms, not of some others. What's your point? Neither you nor anyone else has responded to any of them either way, instead choosing to spend nearly two pages just talking about me personally. It's getting very silly. I mean, I'm flattered really, but enough's enough.
Old September 4 2012, 10:45 AM   #314
Saul
Rear Admiral

Ah.... 'Ghost Bones' season 7 episode 1 has been exciting this week.
Old September 4 2012, 10:56 AM   #315
Gov Kodos
Admiral

And this. Folks point out the behavior, you get defensive and go into denial. The 'Flaws' you find are mostly matters of your opinion and are nothing really objective. A show 'so crippled with flaws' is no opinion worth taking seriously about Doctor Who.
Oh you sneaked this in an edit after I'd already replied. That's true of some of my criticisms, not of some others. What's your point? Neither you nor anyone else has responded to any of them either way, instead choosing to spend nearly two pages just talking about me personally. It's getting very silly. I mean, I'm flattered really, but enough's enough.
Then have the self respect to look at yourself. Continue as you do and get the reactions you have been getting. You wish people would talk about your opinions, then try being more civil. Continue with the constant over the top internet tough act and passive aggressiveness and your opinions will be ignored for your persona, which seems more likely what you want as your unwillingness to learn from posters comments demonstrates.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Gov Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote