Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Stargate

Stargate Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise forum.

Old September 1 2012, 11:54 PM   #31
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: Ewww.. SGU let's have some freaking protocol

Sindatur wrote: View Post
teacake wrote: View Post
Watching SGU all the way through for the first time. Was VERY disappointed because someone told me that Rodney was in the pilot as a hand over type deal and.. he isn't However looking it up I see he will be in one episode.. !!!

Anyway, I just watched the ep Earth and am so creeped out I feel like having a shower. Having sex in someone else's body?! Are there NO guidelines to what you do when using this form of communication? Bad enough to get drunk.. but geezus.

Rant rant rant.. anyway what was the reaction, if any, to this event when the episode aired?
So, Rodney McKay doesn't need to be bothered with Loaning his body to your husband for stoning in from Destiny, then?
Oh shush you!!!

Actually mr. teacake pretty much looks like Rodney Mckay and is a nerdy math guy. He doesn't talk as much though.

AgentRichard thanks for that Kino, that was good to watch. I completely get that this would be some magnificent kink but I don't quite get the altruism idea. It's not like this is a mutual sexual exchange in this situation since the earth folks are not supposed to do anything that might cause issues with the crew. However if it really didn't bother you I can see it as a fair exchange if you were super curious to be on that ship so far from earth.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old September 2 2012, 03:17 AM   #32
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Watching SGU all the way through for the first time. Was VERY disappointed because someone told me that Rodney was in the pilot as a hand over type deal and.. he isn't However looking it up I see he will be in one episode.. !!!

Anyway, I just watched the ep Earth and am so creeped out I feel like having a shower. Having sex in someone else's body?! Are there NO guidelines to what you do when using this form of communication? Bad enough to get drunk.. but geezus.

Rant rant rant.. anyway what was the reaction, if any, to this event when the episode aired?
So, Rodney McKay doesn't need to be bothered with Loaning his body to your husband for stoning in from Destiny, then?
Oh shush you!!!

Actually mr. teacake pretty much looks like Rodney Mckay and is a nerdy math guy. He doesn't talk as much though.

AgentRichard thanks for that Kino, that was good to watch. I completely get that this would be some magnificent kink but I don't quite get the altruism idea. It's not like this is a mutual sexual exchange in this situation since the earth folks are not supposed to do anything that might cause issues with the crew. However if it really didn't bother you I can see it as a fair exchange if you were super curious to be on that ship so far from earth.
And isn't that the Ultimate Turn-On? Someone who looks and acts just like your husband/spouse, and has that extra zest of personality [you notice missing in your spouse from Marriage Knowledge] that REALLY makes you melt?

But, it's cool, I'll just tell Rodney, NEVERMIND

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Old September 2 2012, 03:27 AM   #33
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

AJ86 wrote: View Post
The stones deal is explained in a webisode. The swapping is viewed as a conjugal visits, so the volunteers all sign waivers allowing for that kind of stuff.
So if you swapped back and found you had an massive anal fissure because someone had pounded the hell out of your backdoors, you were just expected to take care of it yourself?
Old September 2 2012, 05:18 AM   #34
teacake
Admiral

Oh shush you!!!

And isn't that the Ultimate Turn-On? Someone who looks and acts just like your husband/spouse, and has that extra zest of personality [you notice missing in your spouse from Marriage Knowledge] that REALLY makes you melt?

But, it's cool, I'll just tell Rodney, NEVERMIND
But it's so confusing.. it's like you're having half an affair either way.. you are either cheating on the body or cheating on the mind/personality. And if I had the husband's body but Rodney's mind it might make me miss whatever fabulous Rodney-ness I had gotten to enjoy but if it was the other way around it would be a little too much of the same old thing since they don't look that different so there wouldn't be any real benefits.

Can't we just do a VOY/Stargate crossover and I can have Janeway? We could do it during Endgame and switch Captain Janeway with Admiral Janeway. I don't even care which one you give me since they are both incredibly hot.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old September 2 2012, 01:17 PM   #35
teacake
Admiral

Now that we have REAL ALIENS and abductions and escapes from alien vessels that don't make a whole lot of sense at last it is feeling Stargatey

This is exciting!

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old September 3 2012, 11:31 AM   #36
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
The stones generally didn't go over with the fans. Personally, I liked that they stayed in contact with Earth from the get-go, but the way the stones were depicted wasn't handled properly. Very rarely do we see them used for practical purposes like sending experts over to help out with Destiny. It's usually just random people who swap and presumably they sit on their ass (or rather someone else's) for a few hours while someone else is using their body to party and score on Earth.

Hmm, that is a good point. What did the people from Earth do while they were on board Destiny during a stone swap?
And that pretty much sums it up. I couldn't get through the 3 part pilot without being offended, lack of plot logic aside.

“The history of men's opposition to women's emancipation is more interesting perhaps than the story of that emancipation itself.” - Virginia Woolf
Old September 3 2012, 01:35 PM   #37
teacake
Admiral

It's getting better. Cheesiness has been added. Lack of logic always goes better with cheese.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old September 6 2012, 12:01 PM   #38
teacake
Admiral

So last night I watched Pain, in season 1.

I was soooo excited that an actual murder had taken place. Finally it was getting gritty.. what was going to happen now? How would Chloe cope? Would the beautiful James (who really has very enormous breasts) be imprisoned for her crime and wouldn't they still need her at times and have to drag her out to do stuff? I was pumped!!

And then it turns into stupid sci fi trope #127!!

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old September 6 2012, 03:36 PM   #39
bullethead
Fleet Captain

So last night I watched Pain, in season 1.

I was soooo excited that an actual murder had taken place. Finally it was getting gritty.. what was going to happen now? How would Chloe cope? Would the beautiful James (who really has very enormous breasts) be imprisoned for her crime and wouldn't they still need her at times and have to drag her out to do stuff? I was pumped!!

And then it turns into stupid sci fi trope #127!!
The highlight of that episode was Rush beating the shit out of people while hallucinating about the Blue Fish Group members running around the ship.
Old September 7 2012, 04:15 AM   #40
teacake
Admiral

I'm getting very very tired of the Eli is the geeky best friend who never gets any storyline. He needs to tell Chloe a sad story about his childhood AND kill someone. Man up Eli!!

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old September 7 2012, 06:13 AM   #41
cylkoth
Commodore

^ Now that would've really been an improvement!

They really did go overboard with Eli's characterization. It got annoying that they held so tightly to that initial concept. I do wish they hadn't made him soooooo pathetic as to be living at home with his dying mother, her going to work despite facing HIV, while he stayed home, unemployed, not looking for work, burning thru mom's broadband playing online games.
He should have been stuck in an "The Office" type situation dealing with an obnoxious boss that exploited his need for employment, among a strange set of co workers, while squeezing in college courses on the weekends, where Rush discovers him.... :-)
Old September 7 2012, 07:25 AM   #42
teacake
Admiral

cylkoth that would have been a great idea. How old is Eli supposed to be anyway? I can see the wasting his life on games deal if he is 17 but since he has dropped out of university it seems that he is supposed to be older.

I really think they milked the whole "nice guy" doesn't get hot chick thing way too much. He might have been a total loser on earth but he does a huge amount of work on the ship, hardly ever complains and seems to have manned up in his own way in the situation. The only reason I can see Chloe passing him over for Scott is he still has the little boy thing going on in a "I am totally inexperienced" way and she's looking for a grown up in the bedroom. What the hell does she even talk to Scott about? Oh that's right, his angst.

Just watched the three parter at the end of season one and beginning of season two. That was pretty great pacing, I really enjoyed it.. everything but the baby being left in the Nexus. Just let the baby die, this was supposed to be gritty. I was all prepared to actually cry because she was going to lose the baby but since it's in the Nexus pfft..

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old September 7 2012, 08:39 AM   #43
Lieutenant Commander

I really enjoyed it.. everything but the baby being left in the Nexus. Just let the baby die, this was supposed to be gritty. I was all prepared to actually cry because she was going to lose the baby but since it's in the Nexus pfft..
They'll come back to this later in the season
Old September 7 2012, 11:56 AM   #44
teacake
Admiral

Wow Aftermath was grueling.. I found that really hard to watch. Also I quite liked that guy

And now on to Pathogen. This better not be like every other sci fi episode about a.. pathogen.

(woops, I see there is another one first.. good.)

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old September 7 2012, 03:05 PM   #45
The Wormhole
Admiral

How old is Eli supposed to be anyway?
25 in season 1. And don't worry, Eli's luck with women will soon change.