New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Old August 30 2012, 04:56 PM   #91
lurok
Commodore

Re: Crossover with other franchises?

I'd have loved a Trek:Hellraiser.

"We are The Cenobites. Resistance is futile. We have such sights to show you"

Would have given the Borg a run for their money.
Old September 1 2012, 10:10 PM   #92
dstyer
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Anybody interested in a Star Trek: TNG / Survivor crossover? What would Worf do to become the Sole Survivor? Or perhaps Star Trek: Voyager / Amazing Race? Can Tom and B'Elanna handle the stress of the Race and each other? Maybe Data and the Doctor could try out for the X-Factor? What about Bashir showing off on America's Got Talent?
dstyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2012, 10:13 PM   #93
Christopher
Writer

TNG and Survivor would never work, since the latter is about pitting people against each other and encouraging their most venal, selfish natures, but Starfleet officers would understand that the real key to survival is cooperation.

As for Voyager/The Amazing Race, didn't they already do that in "Drive?"

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2012, 10:26 PM   #94
dstyer
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Perhaps my greatest desire would be to see some kind of Star Trek / Aliens crossover. I'm not certain of the generation, but it would be interesting to see how the Federation would respond to the Alien species.
dstyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2012, 10:32 PM   #95
Lonemagpie
Writer

dstyer wrote: View Post
Perhaps my greatest desire would be to see some kind of Star Trek / Aliens crossover. I'm not certain of the generation, but it would be interesting to see how the Federation would respond to the Alien species.
Yep, Picard wouldn't be talking them into a settlement!

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2012, 10:38 PM   #96
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

I've never thought about that, but I do have a TNG/Predator outline in my files.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2012, 10:56 PM   #97
JD
Admiral

Taran'atar did fight an alien that appears to be a Xenomorph in one of the DS9R books, I can't remember for sure which. That would indicate that something similar to them does exist in the Trekverse.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2012, 11:04 PM   #98
Christopher
Writer

JD wrote: View Post
Taran'atar did fight an alien that appears to be a Xenomorph in one of the DS9R books, I can't remember for sure which. That would indicate that something similar to them does exist in the Trekverse.
Not really, since he fought it in a holosuite program. The xenomorph simulation could've simply been a holographic adaptation of a classic 20th-century monster movie, in the same way that Data had a Sherlock Holmes program and Tom Paris had Captain Proton.

Old September 1 2012, 11:10 PM   #99
Hando
Lieutenant Commander

Send a message via ICQ to Hando Send a message via AIM to Hando Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hando Send a message via Yahoo to Hando

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
I've never thought about that, but I do have a TNG/Predator outline in my files.
Well there are already 2 hunter species in Star Trek (1 in DS9 and the Hirogen) and the Klingons like to hunt too. So I don't think that a ST/Predator crossover would be that unique.

Thinking about crossovers, what about Earth Final Conflict/Andromeda.
Hando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2 2012, 12:32 AM   #100
Lonemagpie
Writer

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
Hm, the Hirogen *are* the Predators to a degree that I fear would make an actual Predator appearance kind of superfluous...

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2 2012, 12:38 AM   #101
Timewalker
Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady

Anybody interested in a Star Trek: TNG / Survivor crossover? What would Worf do to become the Sole Survivor? Or perhaps Star Trek: Voyager / Amazing Race? Can Tom and B'Elanna handle the stress of the Race and each other? Maybe Data and the Doctor could try out for the X-Factor? What about Bashir showing off on America's Got Talent?
You can't have nauseatingly nice people in Survivor - you need people who have at least one personality flaw (that said - in season 1, Colleen's personality flaw was that she was too nice). However, I did run across a Doctor Who/Survivor story a long time ago, and it was quite well done, with a twist ending I'd certainly never have expected.

I'd put Worf on Big Brother, though, or possibly The Amazing Race. After all, those require social skills and dexterity a lot more than sheer brute strength. And the idea of Amazing Race is to see something of the different locations, learn about local customs, etc.

Does Bashir have any talent besides dressing up nice and playing darts?

For some great Original Series fanfic, check out the Valjiir Continuum!
Timewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2 2012, 12:39 AM   #102
Christopher
Writer

Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
Hm, the Hirogen *are* the Predators to a degree that I fear would make an actual Predator appearance kind of superfluous...
Not only do the Hirogen act like the Predators (Yautja is their species/civilization name, isn't it?), but the Nausicaans look like them. So it would be doubly superfluous.

Old September 2 2012, 12:40 AM   #103
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

I want Data to play try BBC's modern Sherlock on the holodeck. And have that version of Moriarty come to life and wreak havok...
Old September 2 2012, 12:43 AM   #104
Christopher
Writer

Except that Star Trek is a work of fiction within the world of Sherlock (John jokingly addressed Sherlock as "Spock" in "The Hounds of Baskerville"), so that would create one heck of a paradox.

Old September 2 2012, 12:58 AM   #105
The Wormhole
Admiral

^^No more than the current Star Trek/Doctor Who crossover series.