Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old September 1 2012, 03:46 AM   #136
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Re: Futurama Season 7 Discussion Thread

I thought the Fox episode was pure crap, so much so that I didn't bother getting to the actual finale for a couple of days. But, in the end I really liked Naturama, but then again I spent all of my watch-through of Planet Earth anthropomorphizing all the goofy animals with stupid voices so...
Old September 1 2012, 05:59 PM   #137
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

Yoda wrote: View Post
I thought the Fox episode was pure crap, so much so that I didn't bother getting to the actual finale for a couple of days. But, in the end I really liked Naturama, but then again I spent all of my watch-through of Planet Earth anthropomorphizing all the goofy animals with stupid voices so...
Or at least imagining silly sounds, like in Animals Are Beautiful People.
Ar-Pharazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2 2012, 12:25 AM   #138
JD
Admiral

I thought 31st Century Fox was ok. I got a kick out of hearing Patrick Stewart, but there weren't any absoultely histerical jokes, and the story was OK. It wasn't bad by any means, it just wasn't that good. I like Naturama even less. It just didn't really do anything I found interesting. None of the stories were really interesting, and none of the jokes were very funny.
Old September 5 2012, 12:26 PM   #139
The Scrooge Doctor
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via AIM to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Yahoo to The Scrooge Doctor

Wow, this is weird. I seem to have the exact opposite opinions that most people here for the last five episodes (just got caught up) with the exception of Viva Mars Vegas. Free Will Hunting and Near-Death Wish did nothing for me while I thoroughly enjoyed both 31st Century Fox and Naturama. But, hey, at least we agree that Viva Mars Vegas was great.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
The Scrooge Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2012, 11:17 PM   #140
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

I've peeked in on the show here and there since the revival and it just doesn't have the same spark it had in its original run. My wife's a big fan too and we turned off Naturama after five minutes.
Old September 6 2012, 08:24 AM   #141
MauriceNavidad
Vice Admiral

View MauriceNavidad's Twitter Profile

Naturama was no Untamed World (Ren & Stimpy), that's for sure!
MauriceNavidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2012, 01:32 PM   #142
NrobbieC
Commander

The salmon segment was hilarious.
NrobbieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2013, 07:09 PM   #143
The Scrooge Doctor
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via AIM to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Yahoo to The Scrooge Doctor

Futurama returns tonight to continue its final season (again!) with two new episodes.

2-D Blacktrop
After being trapped in an alternate two-dimensional universe, the Planet Express crew must face unexpected challenges to daily life.
Fry and Leela's Big Fling
Fry and Leela go on a romantic vacation but, unbeknownst to them, their secluded, romantic bungalow is actually an alien zoo.

Old June 19 2013, 11:01 PM   #144
RJDonner&Blitzen
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Cool. I didn't know there'd be two episodes.

And there's a Marathon on right now.
Old June 19 2013, 11:11 PM   #145
The Scrooge Doctor
Doctor of TARDIS

Yeah, I didn't realize there would be two episodes either I pulled up the synopsis over at The Infosphere and noticed the extra episode.

Old June 20 2013, 02:57 PM   #146
Christopher
Writer

"2-D Blacktop" was a pretty lame season premiere. I liked the math/geometry gags and the workings of the 2D world, but the rest was pretty bad. I gather it was parodying those Fast and Furious movies, but I've never seen those. I'm not sure it would've worked any better for me if I had.

"Fry and Leela's Big Fling" was a lot better. It was more character-driven rather than just gag-driven like "2-D," but it had some good gags and puns on the simian planet ("Christopher Colobus" -- ha!).

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20 2013, 03:42 PM   #147
Redfern
Commodore

I can't remember, in what earlier episode did the Orangu-tan (sp?) professor appear? I clearly remember Gunter, but the great ape escapes me. Quite a few "call-backs" to various alien animals in that second episode.

Sincerely,

Bill

Freighter Tails: the Misadventures of Mzzkiti
Redfern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20 2013, 03:42 PM   #148
ITElf
Vice Admiral

^ A Clockwork Origin from season 6.
Old June 20 2013, 03:46 PM   #149
Christopher
Writer

^I had to look up Dr. Banjo on the Infosphere Wiki myself. He was the orangutan creationist in "A Clockwork Origin."

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20 2013, 03:51 PM   #150
The Scrooge Doctor
Doctor of TARDIS

I agree "2-D Blacktop" was a bit lame and the 2-D world wasn't as interesting as I had hoped it would be. However, I did love the Doctor Who reference (The Professor called the Planet Express ship "Bessie").

"Fry and Leela's Big Fling" was indeed a lot better with two fun stories that converged in an amusing way, albeit predictably even without the synopsis spoiling the twist. Much to my surprise, I actually enjoyed Gunther's return (as well as Dr. Banjoy's), although it's too bad Gunther and Fry didn't face off (and Fry's sudden mention of Gunther at the right time was a little forced). The Planet of the Simians was full of great gags and I loved the trip to the zoo. Seeing The Bone Vampires ("Fry Am the Egg Man") and the Cylclophage ("Rebirth") again was pretty cool and their appearance reminded me of one of my childhood favorite books, Mercer Mayer's Professor Wormbog in Search for the Zipperump-a-Zooa. Additionally, it was good to see the Fry and Leela relationship get some good attention and even the sudden appearance of Sean the never-before-seen ex-boyfriend worked rather well.

Last edited by The Scrooge Doctor; June 20 2013 at 04:07 PM.