Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old August 31 2012, 10:41 PM   #811
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Season 1 Discussion Thread

Maxwell Everett wrote: View Post
tomalak301 wrote: View Post

From what I understand they are "done" with the episodes themselves, so they've got about 100 days until the release date (December 10th/11th). If they can't deliver a problem-free release, they've got a significant QC issue.
Since when did they announce the release date, or is this only speculation?
It's been listed at Sainsbury's website and they previously listed season one months before release with the correct date... so, while not official, it's a good bet. Previously we heard November, but this seems more realistic.

http://www.sainsburysentertainment.c...duct=E11125630
I just clicked on the link and it's coming in October? That is a lot sooner than I thought.
Old August 31 2012, 10:55 PM   #812
Maxwell Everett
Commodore

Since when did they announce the release date, or is this only speculation?
It's been listed at Sainsbury's website and they previously listed season one months before release with the correct date... so, while not official, it's a good bet. Previously we heard November, but this seems more realistic.

I just clicked on the link and it's coming in October? That is a lot sooner than I thought.
They're in the UK... they do day/month/year, not month/day/year like we do.
Old August 31 2012, 11:02 PM   #813
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

They're in the UK... they do day/month/year, not month/day/year like we do.
I hope you see how easily confusing that is.
Old September 1 2012, 02:48 AM   #814
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

tomswift2002 wrote: View Post
I was just watching "Heart Of Glory", and it has an odd effect in it. Just after they Klingons have broken out of the cell and killed the security guard, then the second security guy comes around the corner and gets into a phaser fight with the one Klingon, and the officer fires twice, before his third shot finally kills the Klingon, but then Koras comes out and kills the security officer. The odd effect is when Koras' phaser beam hits the guard, we see the beam dissipate in round waves from the guy, and he dies. When the guard shot the first Klingon, we saw the dissipating lines, but it looked like that was because of the Klingon armor dispersed the energy, yet, as far as we know, no one on the Enterprise has body armor that dissipates energy away from the person. So we should've just seen an orange area where the phaser burned through the body.
During the first couple of seasons this was the effect used for any phaser beams (with the "emanating concentric circles".) It's just more noticeable now. Later on (post S3) the phaser hits result in just a red area on the body.
Old September 1 2012, 03:53 AM   #815
CaptainStoner
Knuckle-dragging TNZ Denizen

Wow what a surprise. I've been away from this board a while. Last I recall, the TNG R was thought highly unlikely.

Fortunately, a more logical course of action prevailed...
CaptainStoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2012, 04:02 AM   #816
Warped9
Admiral

I've been going through these episodes at a leisurely pace. The only episode I encountered audio trouble with so far was "Haven," switching from 7.1 to stereo makes it tolerable.

One thing I really notice is how obvious the make-up can be. I like the episode "11001001" but the headpieces for the Binars really stood out to my eyes. The colour change from their faces to the scalp didn't look gradual enough. And In "Too Short A Season" Jameson's old age makeup looks even worse than before.
Old September 1 2012, 12:50 PM   #817
gaghyogi49
Lieutenant Commander

The observations articles continue, this time with "Hide and Q". Additional observations are always welcome.
gaghyogi49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2012, 01:40 PM   #818
M
Vice Admiral

gaghyogi49 wrote: View Post
The observations articles continue, this time with "Hide and Q". Additional observations are always welcome.
Didn't we also see Burton's natural eyes in "Future Imperfect"?
Garak: »Especially the lies.«
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2012, 02:44 PM   #819
gaghyogi49
Lieutenant Commander

True, that has to be fixed. His real eyes are also seen in "Interface".
gaghyogi49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2012, 05:33 PM   #820
CaptainStoner
Knuckle-dragging TNZ Denizen

How do the ships look?
CaptainStoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2 2012, 01:23 AM   #821
tomswift2002
Fleet Captain

Warped9 wrote: View Post
One thing I really notice is how obvious the make-up can be. I like the episode "11001001" but the headpieces for the Binars really stood out to my eyes. The colour change from their faces to the scalp didn't look gradual enough. And In "Too Short A Season" Jameson's old age makeup looks even worse than before.
You should check out the shots of the dying Klingon in "Heart Of Glory". When they are shooting up his nose you can see where his real nose ends and the fake Klingon one begins, and all the prosthetic glue that was used.
tomswift2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3 2012, 02:21 AM   #822
Mr_Homn
Captain

I’m curious if I buy the Blu Ray set today, if it will contain the corrected version or the original "flawed" discs. Will I have to go through the loops of ordering fixed discs after I buy the set? Has anyone tried buying the discs recently, after all the hub-bub? On amazon maybe?

I asked in the audio thread twice, but nobody responded. This thread gets more traffic so I thought I'd try here.
Old September 3 2012, 12:29 PM   #823
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Mr_Homn wrote: View Post
I’m curious if I buy the Blu Ray set today, if it will contain the corrected version or the original "flawed" discs. Will I have to go through the loops of ordering fixed discs after I buy the set? Has anyone tried buying the discs recently, after all the hub-bub? On amazon maybe?

I asked in the audio thread twice, but nobody responded. This thread gets more traffic so I thought I'd try here.
The new discs have a communicator insignia on the discs themselves. I think the boxes on the corrected sets is suppose to have the insignia on the spine of the packaging.
Old September 3 2012, 01:02 PM   #824
NewHorizon
Captain

Well nobody here can give you a definitive answer. They should be the corrected discs, but it's better to ask the place you order from.
NewHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4 2012, 01:25 AM   #825
Mr_Homn
Captain

BillJ wrote: View Post

The new discs have a communicator insignia on the discs themselves. I think the boxes on the corrected sets is suppose to have the insignia on the spine of the packaging.
NewHorizon wrote: View Post

Well nobody here can give you a definitive answer. They should be the corrected discs, but it's better to ask the place you order from.
Alright thanks fellas.