IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old August 31 2012, 09:39 AM   #46
Jar Jar Binks
Admiral

Re: Grimm, season 2 thread.

I just caught up on Season One and the first couple of episodes of this season, and I've been enjoying the show more than I expected to. All of the characters are pretty interesting, and while I found the first half of Season One kind of tedious with the typical Monster of the Week storylines, it managed to keep my interest long enough to get to the more entertaining stuff that followed.

I'm really glad that Hank finally knows the truth. I hate it when they drag out stuff like that; I kind of rolled my eyes when Juliette conveniently passed out just before Monroe could show her his true form. I also find the memory loss thing a bit convenient, but I like that she actually remembers everything except Nick. I don't think Juliette's going anywhere any time soon.
Jar Jar Binks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31 2012, 02:29 PM   #47
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

^^^ I agree with the fainting timing bit. That was a bit contrived - no argument there at all. I was quite disappointed at how that all played out.

The memory loss is a different animal entirely, I think. Renard is a prince, which seems to imply that he has special abilities that stem from his "royal blood". The use of spells and potions are pretty commonplace in this show now. It's not as much of a stretch to think that, if Nick is Juliette's "true love" and she is kissed by another with Renard's abilities, coupled with the poison that she got from the cat, it could follow that she would be forced to forget that true love through the confluence of precisely-timed events. This may have been the plan all along to put Nick off his game and leave him confused and vulnerable. Now that Hank is involved, however (something nobody knows at present but Nick and the Coyotl family), he can cover Nick's back more effectively and have a better idea of the weird stuff to expect.
Old August 31 2012, 02:51 PM   #48
superdeluxe
Captain

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
I just hope Rosalee survives through next week, as she looks like she's in for a bumpy ride (based on what the preview showed). I get the impression that Monroe has been on his own for quite some time and I wouldn't want to see him lose her by any stretch. They've become my favorite characters in this series so far.
Well if she has a absence we will know why.

Star Trek 250+ million or Bust!
superdeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31 2012, 05:25 PM   #49
sojourner
Admiral

Renard is a prince, which seems to imply that he has special abilities that stem from his "royal blood". The use of spells and potions are pretty commonplace in this show now. It's not as much of a stretch to think that, if Nick is Juliette's "true love" and she is kissed by another with Renard's abilities, coupled with the poison that she got from the cat, it could follow that she would be forced to forget that true love through the confluence of precisely-timed events. This may have been the plan all along to put Nick off his game and leave him confused and vulnerable.
If your talking about the writers trying to keep Nick "off his game", but remember, in universe, Renard was pissed when he found out that Adeline had poisoned Juliette. So, I don't think it was his plan to keep Nick unbalanced.
Old August 31 2012, 06:02 PM   #50
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Ah - good point. Forgot about that one.

Well, hell... I dunno then...
Old August 31 2012, 06:12 PM   #51
SpookyCat
Captain

sojourner wrote: View Post
Renard is a prince, which seems to imply that he has special abilities that stem from his "royal blood". The use of spells and potions are pretty commonplace in this show now. It's not as much of a stretch to think that, if Nick is Juliette's "true love" and she is kissed by another with Renard's abilities, coupled with the poison that she got from the cat, it could follow that she would be forced to forget that true love through the confluence of precisely-timed events. This may have been the plan all along to put Nick off his game and leave him confused and vulnerable.
If your talking about the writers trying to keep Nick "off his game", but remember, in universe, Renard was pissed when he found out that Adeline had poisoned Juliette. So, I don't think it was his plan to keep Nick unbalanced.

That is true, but a Hexenbeast made the potion for Renard. She did seem amused at what he would go through to be purified. Who's to say the potion will not make Juliette forget Nick and fall head over heals in love with Renard.
Old August 31 2012, 06:23 PM   #52
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

^^^ Initially, that's what I thought would have happened based on the previews of the "true love's kiss to waken the sleeping princess" trope. The actual result did, instead, seem to go a little sideways.
Old September 1 2012, 01:25 AM   #53
propita
Rear Admiral

I still think this might happen. Juliette has not seen Renard since she woke up.

And is there any appreciation for a shirtless Sasha Roiz? Niiiiice!
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4 2012, 05:19 AM   #54
sojourner
Admiral

Yay! they got rid of the opening narration. Much improved.

So, it seems Renard definitely has his own agenda apart from the royals.
Old September 4 2012, 06:25 PM   #55
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

The first Wessen zombie was a dead (no pun intended) ringer for Andrew Lincoln. Cute.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4 2012, 11:07 PM   #56
sojourner
Admiral

^Yeah, I actually had to check twice to confirm it wasn't him.
Old September 5 2012, 12:33 AM   #57
JD
Admiral

Really enjoyed this one. Glad to see we're getting some straight up Monroemance, that was fun. I loved the bit about chasing people threw the woods. I fell asleep for some of the end, so I'll have to watch it all later.
Old September 5 2012, 08:22 AM   #58
Technobuilder
Commodore

And now we wait 3-4 weeks...
"You fool! You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this - "Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!"
Technobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2012, 09:26 AM   #59
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

With her memories rewritten, Juliet had a romantic dinner with Munroe after he saved her life.

If her mind is using logic to fill in the Nick sized cavities... Shouldn't she have concluded through deduction that she and Munroe were amidst some courtship ritual?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2012, 03:54 PM   #60
Technobuilder
Commodore

Was anyone else surprised that Juliet may end up stumbling upon all the answers on her own because of the very nature of the Nick-Specific Memory Loss that occurred?

It really shines a light on all the weird things she's been through, because she now has to make sense of memories of the strange and the bizarre, with no context (and none of Nick's attempts to explain it all away.)

I'm wondering if the "not-animal" hair/dna she found will ever come back into play...
"You fool! You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this - "Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!"
Technobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote