Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Retro Review: Covenant
By: Michelle on Nov 22

Two Official Starships Collection Previews
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old August 29 2012, 07:20 PM   #4396
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

^^ Think you're interested in Adam Hamill from Wolves - could be a decent signing for the wing.

Cox - no, he won't get you 20 goals, but him and Blackstock (if he stays fit) will get 25 between them I'm sure. Just need your midfield to pitch in. They're capable.

Freeman - I don't get that either.....but thanks.
Old August 30 2012, 11:52 AM   #4397
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

Brighton's Craig Noone has signed for Cardiff. Ninth summer signing, and the eighth forward. We definitely needed a fast tricky winger for sure, but right now I can't work out where the heck all of them are going to play or when (obviously Bellamy won't be playing every game so cover for him was essential). And we still only have 6 senior defenders with next to no cover at full-back. I think Malky knows what he's doing....
Old August 30 2012, 01:20 PM   #4398
Starkers
Admiral

Hmm, is it possible he's been replaced by Billy Davies or Warnock in a Mission Impossible style mask?
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30 2012, 04:10 PM   #4399
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

HappyDayRiot wrote: View Post
Brighton's Craig Noone has signed for Cardiff. Ninth summer signing, and the eighth forward. We definitely needed a fast tricky winger for sure, but right now I can't work out where the heck all of them are going to play or when (obviously Bellamy won't be playing every game so cover for him was essential). And we still only have 6 senior defenders with next to no cover at full-back. I think Malky knows what he's doing....
Add another striker - looks like you're getting Nicky Maynard as well!
Old August 30 2012, 04:13 PM   #4400
Starkers
Admiral

Meanwhile Blackburn pay up to £8 million for Jordan Rhodes...

If they don't go up at the first time of asking I think they're well and truly fucked!
Old August 30 2012, 06:24 PM   #4401
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

Starkers wrote: View Post
Meanwhile Blackburn pay up to £8 million for Jordan Rhodes...

If they don't go up at the first time of asking I think they're well and truly fucked!
Fingers crossed.

Perhaps then Venkys will fook off.

Not sure who will go up this time. Think Wolves would have been guaranteed under McCarthy, but not sure about Solbakken.

I'm going to go for Blackpool and Bolton for the automatics, and then please, anyone but Leeds in the playoffs!
Old August 30 2012, 07:24 PM   #4402
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

Blackburn and QPR could be in for very uncomfortable summers next year if they don't get it right.

Nicky Maynard. I hope he knows how to cover at right back.

What a Champions League draw! Group D is superb, what a shame Ajax are in it instead of Juve though. United and Arsenal get their usual handpicked selections. Group A though....is that actually a CL group? It's almost as bad as Euro 2012's Group A!
Old August 30 2012, 10:51 PM   #4403
Roger Wilco
Admiral

Yeeahh! Rapid wins the Europa League playoff.

For the fourth time they managed to qualify for the group stage as an unseeded team. While it's embarassing that they squandered their chances of improving the UEFA coefficient every time, that's got to be some kind of record.

There's nothing better in football than European Cup. Inter, Liverpool, Tottenham, Stuttgart, Lazio, Basel, bring it on! I can't wait for the draw tomorrow.
Old August 31 2012, 01:57 PM   #4404
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

Roger Wilco wrote: View Post
Yeeahh! Rapid wins the Europa League playoff.

For the fourth time they managed to qualify for the group stage as an unseeded team. While it's embarassing that they squandered their chances of improving the UEFA coefficient every time, that's got to be some kind of record.

There's nothing better in football than European Cup. Inter, Liverpool, Tottenham, Stuttgart, Lazio, Basel, bring it on! I can't wait for the draw tomorrow.
Leverkeusen, Rosenborg and Metalist Kharkiv....
Old August 31 2012, 02:49 PM   #4405
Roger Wilco
Admiral

Not what I was hoping for, but I'm ok with it.
Old August 31 2012, 08:18 PM   #4406
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

Well you got a German side, you always like taking them down a peg or two!

This is the best transfer deadline day in years. As a counterpoint to the splurging clubs, Arsenal are looking destitute, Spurs are looking deluded and Man City have bought Richard Wright.

Richard Wright!!!
Old September 1 2012, 12:37 PM   #4407
Jax
Admiral

How fucking awesome did FALCO look (might have to check him out on FIFA 13 ). Another example of how PL clubs are falling behind in Europe despite Chelsea being the current champions.
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2012, 10:43 PM   #4408
Starkers
Admiral

Well I was jealous of Forest getting Sharp, but right now I don't care
Old September 1 2012, 11:03 PM   #4409
Jax
Admiral

Saw Forest today and we were so dominate we should of won by more than the 2-1 scoreline suggests. Charlton had 1 wide header in the 1st half and we hit the bar to go along with our goal + our possesion rate was superb. 2nd half Charlton had a better go but we still had more of the game and Sharp had a shot cleared from the front of the goal after rounding the goalie He will do very well for us.

I've never seen Forest move the ball so crisp b4 with plenty of quick 1,2 passes and using the widths pretty well. Exciting times ahead
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2012, 11:43 PM   #4410
Starkers
Admiral

Not if you keep Camp in goal. That og was hilarious!