Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old August 29 2012, 09:16 PM   #241
Mott the barber
Commodore

Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

Maxwell Everett wrote: View Post
Someone in the US has gotten their replacement discs. From Blu-ray.com:

"I received the replacement disks in the mail today, Disks 1, 3,4,5. They are packaged in a plain white cardboard first class mailer. Also enclosed is a postcard with an apology and on the reverse a picture of the animation that was uncovered for the movement inside the Dome of the Enterprise during the opening credits."
Great news! I, like many others, never received a response from my e-mail providing the disc information, but hopefully it's in the pipeline for delivery!
Old August 30 2012, 12:14 AM   #242
Falcor5
Fleet Captain

Someone in the US has gotten their replacement discs. From Blu-ray.com:

"I received the replacement disks in the mail today, Disks 1, 3,4,5. They are packaged in a plain white cardboard first class mailer. Also enclosed is a postcard with an apology and on the reverse a picture of the animation that was uncovered for the movement inside the Dome of the Enterprise during the opening credits."
Oh thats cool!! Looking forward to receiving mine!!
Falcor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30 2012, 12:30 AM   #243
NewHorizon
Captain

I called the number to see if I could get some info and they said they started shipping yesterday morning, so hopefully I'll have mine by the first of the week.
NewHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30 2012, 02:05 AM   #244
mswood
Rear Admiral

I received mine this morning, it had a post mark of the 26th on it. And I waited about 6 days after they put up a number to call in, before I actually called in to request a replacement.

The card is kind of cool as it on one side show the model shot where you can see the lounge before it goes into warp, then of course as mentioned it shows the art work used to make it appear like people are actually moving in that shot.
Old August 30 2012, 02:11 AM   #245
Captain Fine
Fleet Captain

View Captain Fine's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Captain Fine Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Fine Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Fine

I'm very happy to hear people have started to receive their replacement discs. Can anyone in Canada mention when they've received their discs as well?
Old August 30 2012, 02:57 AM   #246
NewHorizon
Captain

mswood wrote: View Post
I received mine this morning, it had a post mark of the 26th on it. And I waited about 6 days after they put up a number to call in, before I actually called in to request a replacement.

The card is kind of cool as it on one side show the model shot where you can see the lounge before it goes into warp, then of course as mentioned it shows the art work used to make it appear like people are actually moving in that shot.
Very curious to hear if they replaced the footage of the Enterprise they couldn't find with the re-discovered original shots, like the one in EAF where the Enterprise is firing the energy beam.
NewHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30 2012, 09:01 AM   #247
picard_2305
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Anyone who ordered from play.com heard word yet?
picard_2305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30 2012, 04:46 PM   #248
cbspock
Rear Admiral

From Digital Bits...

Now then... readers are starting to report in that they're receiving CBS's fixed Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season One replacement BD discs in the mail. Several said theirs came today, including Discs 1, 3, 4 and 5. So if you've requested yours, start watching the mail.

-Chris
Old August 30 2012, 08:50 PM   #249
J. Lester
Fleet Captain

View J. Lester's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to J. Lester Send a message via AIM to J. Lester Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Lester Send a message via Yahoo to J. Lester

Where are the replacement discs being sent from? California?
Old August 30 2012, 09:09 PM   #250
Scotty
Rear Admiral

LOL! Someone at Blu Ray.com said there's still a scene where the audio isn't properly centered. He mentioned that there's a moment when Riker beams back from the planet where the dialogue still seems to come from the center and right. Hope he's wrong though. If CBS mess up the replacement discs, that would be very painfull indeed.
Old August 30 2012, 11:33 PM   #251
Maxwell Everett
Commodore

Scotty wrote: View Post
LOL! Someone at Blu Ray.com said there's still a scene where the audio isn't properly centered. He mentioned that there's a moment when Riker beams back from the planet where the dialogue still seems to come from the center and right. Hope he's wrong though. If CBS mess up the replacement discs, that would be very painfull indeed.
I just got the discs and I can confirm this. Right after Geordi says, "Aye, Sir" the audio suddenly and abruptly switches from the center to the center/right. It happens at 35:43. Once the fade out is over and the new chapter starts, the audio goes back to normal (i.e. centered).

Also, the glitch on Troi's dialogue is still there at 20:39 when she says, "I don't understand either, but this is real." It happens on the word "understand" and I've noticed it ever since the sampler, so it's on three separate discs for me. I guess Troi's right, I'm not imagining it... it's real -- and I hasten to add, minor!

So, hold on to your Next Level disc if you have it! (Are they intentionally trying to make it collectible or something? ) It really is unacceptable that "Farpoint" still has audio issues. I mean, anyone with freely available tools from videohelp.com could have fixed it. All that would be necessary would be to extract "Farpoint's" DTS-HD track from the Next Level disc (which sounds fine) and remux it with "Farpoint's" new video stream from disc one (replacing the track with the center/right issues).

Anyway, they put a TNG Starfleet symbol next to the "DISC NUMBER" to identify the corrected discs... so I imagine entire corrected sets should have the same symbol on the spine of the slip cover.

Last edited by Maxwell Everett; August 31 2012 at 08:46 AM.
Maxwell Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31 2012, 12:08 AM   #252
Maxwell Everett
Commodore

They fixed the running lights on Starbase 74 in "11001001"! Cool.

EDIT: Not Geordi's reflection though at 25:39. That's hard to notice, however, if you don't know where to look.
Old August 31 2012, 10:52 AM   #253
Patrick O'Brien
Captain

J. Lester wrote: View Post
Where are the replacement discs being sent from? California?
I believe they are being sent from California. According to earlier info in this thread.
Old August 31 2012, 11:50 AM   #254
Falcor5
Fleet Captain

They fixed the running lights on Starbase 74 in "11001001"! Cool.
Thats cool to hear they fixed some visual effects too and not just audio!
Falcor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31 2012, 05:24 PM   #255
Mott the barber
Commodore

Can anyone confirm they received their disks in the US only by using email (i.e., you never called the hotline)?