A Baby For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old August 28 2012, 07:15 PM   #61
Methos
First Officer: USS Aventine

View Methos's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Methos Send a message via Yahoo to Methos
Re: Your Star Trek Online Screenshots! (Part 2)

thanks...

crew has slightly changed over time, and moved to the future uniforms currently...

M
Old August 28 2012, 08:57 PM   #62
Methos

View Methos's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Methos Send a message via Yahoo to Methos

Kitteh has teeth now lol

On behalf of the plasma gods, i thank you for this gift, which i shall use to burn the nuts of any Cardassian who comes close lol... 797.5 points of damage per array, and i have 5 full plasma arrays all ready to burn the hell out of someone lol

let there be fire

M
Old August 29 2012, 05:49 PM   #63
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral

^^Ok your doing the cooking. lol

Haggis and tatties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2012, 06:34 PM   #64
Methos

heh, few more upgrades... including Dual Banks at the front...

How well do you want your Cardassian cooked? 1,050.4 damage... outstanding!

M
Old August 30 2012, 07:37 AM   #65
fyre
Lieutenant Commander

Methos wrote: View Post
heh, few more upgrades... including Dual Banks at the front...

How well do you want your Cardassian cooked? 1,050.4 damage... outstanding!

M
Please, teach me your methods. I run an Odyssey Tactical Cruiser and for some reason I do no DPS.

Here's my set-up:

note: I'm running all phasers and using two phaser relay consoles.
fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30 2012, 11:45 AM   #66
Methos

Sings - "Walking in a winter wonderland..."

@Fyre... your consoles appear to work right, there are a few good phaser style buffs you can pick up, look around the exchange for good XI or XII (if you're lucky) Tac consoles to boost your phaser strength...

I couldn't say how exactly to do it with phasers, as all weapon types have different buffs and boosts given by consoles... i'll have a look around the game today and see if i can work out how to get the highest boost with phasers

M
Old August 30 2012, 02:21 PM   #67
intrinsical
Fleet Captain

fyre wrote: View Post
Please, teach me your methods. I run an Odyssey Tactical Cruiser and for some reason I do no DPS.

Here's my set-up:

note: I'm running all phasers and using two phaser relay consoles.
I'll post my suggestions in the STO discussion thread since this is the screenshots thread.
Old August 30 2012, 03:20 PM   #68
Methos

Here we go... the full, finished, crew for the USS Salem...

Center - Admiral K'thar - Caitain by birth, but raised by humans from a youngling, joined Starfleet after his colony was destroyed by a Borg invasion fleet.

From left to right

T'ren - K'thar's kitten, ahem, youngling... currently serving as the ships chef, but is eager to follow in his fathers footsteps in Starfleet.

Chief Engineer Duncan Donata - Italian engineer and friend of K'thar's from a young age. They met in the Academy and K'Thar requested him aboard the Salem when he took command. No nonsense attitude and a zest for life and food.

Science officer T'Jen - Half Vulcan, half Betazoid, and doubly confused by either race. She tries to follow her Vulcan heritage, but is constantly confused and bewildered by the emotions she can sense from her shipmates.

Lieutenant K'Ehleyr - Klingon, brought aboard by Duncan to serve as his 'second' in engineering. She follows Duncan's orders thoroughly, but questions everything, even when she knows he's right. Very argumentative and stubborn, but well liked by the crew for her passion and strength of character.

Tactical officer Telas - Andorian - no back story yet

Commander Sabrina Joyce - no back story yet

Doctor Benjamin Adams - Trill, exiled from the Trill homeworld for conducting 'unethical' experiments on deceased symbionts, trying to save their memories for implantation into newborn symbionts, he was requested by K'thar. Despite his 'unethical' ideas, he is strictly ethical when it comes to live patients, and has no qualms about breaking rules or regulations if it would save the lives of one of his patients.

Commander Morgana Johnson... Originally K'thar's first officer aboard The Salem, Morgana was abducted by The Borg during an encounter with a Borg Probe... Half assimilated, Doctor Adams managed to save most of her individuality with his quick thinking and risky ideas. Though she still has nightmares about The Borg, and her very brief time connected to the collective, she has returned to K'thar's side as his First Officer, and continues to work there fighting against The Borg in retribution for what they did to her. Currently in a relationship with Doctor Adams.

M
Old August 30 2012, 07:32 PM   #69
Methos

Borg Kitteh Tara is lonely

M
Old September 2 2012, 09:45 PM   #70
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Here's one showing off Kenny's new toy

Honestly I only think Cryptic got away with putting it in the game because it only turns into a lightsaber when you do enough combos against enemies shooting you with energy weapons.

Which means against mirror universe enemies and Cardassians its technically a phasersaber or phasesaber or whatever.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2012, 11:30 PM   #71
NAHTMMM
Commodore

Location: Ruling the WI Empire with the Lady Katy Jane in our snazzy royal thrones

And last but not least: The Salamandastron.

I was fiddling around and forgot to switch back to the Salamandastron before fighting the Borg. But at least I got this screenshot out of it:

I like the composition of this one as well.

http://www.terranbbs.net
NAHTMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2012, 03:34 PM   #72
nordmoon
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Methos wrote: View Post

Updated crew of the Scimitar... From left to right...

Commander Bishop - Unjoined Trill, Engineering
Commander Surpek - Klingon, Security
Commander Kara - Orion, Tactical
Commander Zakuh - Half Klingon, Tactical
Admiral Alexander - Joined Trill, Science
Commander Sara - Ex Borg, First Officer
Ensign Jotli - Human, Science
Commander Caitlin, Caitian Chief Medical Officer
Commander T'Jen, Vulcan Councillor

And the USS Scimitar itself...

On it's 5 year mission, to find and understand The Borg, research their systems and science, recover what they can, and then kick the Borg's cybernetic teeth down their throat...

M
How did you put the crew together like that?

Also how can you made the screencaps without HUD? I am on a MAC so I cannot use screenprint button. For me its something like CMD+SHIFT+3 with HUD.
Old September 8 2012, 03:41 PM   #73
Methos

right, once you've done the screencap thing... go to your games folder... wherever you installed it, not sure how Mac systems keep their stuff organised to be honest...

Anyway, inside the Cryptic Studios folder, you should have 2 more folders and a bunch of files... look for Star Trek: Online... then Live... then Screenshots

You'll have your screenshots saved there without the HUD system over the top...

Alternatively, you can hit Alt-F12 to turn off the hud...

And the commands, for people who use the command line interface like me, are...

/screenshot
/screenshot_ui

So you could always bind those to a key like F8 or something you're not using in game, whichever you're most comfortable doing...

As for my group pictures, they're done by me... i take them separately, then stitch them together in photoshop lol

M
Old September 9 2012, 10:48 AM   #74
intrinsical
Fleet Captain

Have you heard of the Fan Art Challenge over at the STO forum? I think you'ld do great.
Old September 9 2012, 10:56 AM   #75
Methos

nope... not seen that... will head over now and take a looksee

M