IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old August 29 2012, 04:50 PM   #31
SpookyCat
Captain

Re: Grimm, season 2 thread.

I want to see Nick happy with Juliette, but her memory loss may be the way out of the series for her.
Hank being finally clued in is going to be an advantage for Nick. He has a partner now that can help him fight. They should add that beat cop as well. I forget his name, the one that ate the cookie meant for Hank.
Old August 29 2012, 05:00 PM   #32
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

^^^ Sgt. Wu (played by Reggie Lee) - yeah, love his character. I really felt bad for him eating foam insulation and all that other crap there for a while. He's probably one of the most useful and entertaining second-tier characters I've seen in a genre show for quite some time. I suspect, however, that Hank will be this season's only mundane being let in on the secret. They don't want to have everyone in-the-know, which could cause all kinds of story-wrecking problems.

The other interesting thing I've noticed throughout the course of the series is the conditions under which Nick recognizes a Wessen and vice-versa.

Some Wessen instantly know when Nick is a Grimm as soon as Nick sees them for what they are. Other Wessen (like the actor-formely-playing-Jacob-from-Lost) don't seem to figure it out right away even after revealing their true nature. Then, in the opposite direction, you have Captain Renard who knows Nick is a Grimm, but Nick has never seen him in his true form. Is this due to the age/strength/purity/bloodline of the Wessen in question? Will Nick eventually see Renard for what he truly is? Not quite sure about this one. Anyone have any thoughts?
Old August 29 2012, 06:31 PM   #33
SpookyCat
Captain

I think you're right about a royal being hard to detect by Nick. Renard is a prince, being the only one that could wake Juliette with a kiss. He must be able to well mask his powers and true nature.
Old August 29 2012, 08:32 PM   #34
propita
Rear Admiral

Reynard is a bastard, literally according to Adalind's mother, and evidently HALF-Hexenbiest. Maybe that's he's only half lets him conceal it from Nick--that and being half-royal.

I am SO loving this show!!! Monroe and Rosalee? Fan-tas-tic, especially in the car with Nick's mom.

I am amazed at how well this show can continue the ongoing story lines, add to the mythology, have their "case of the week," AND add to the characterization of so many characters. This is what happens with great writers and the studio (or whomever) either backing them or staying out of their way. Would that more shows had this.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2012, 10:50 PM   #35
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
So essentially these guys were going to gang rape a 17 year old girl? That's pretty dark for a network show.
Their 17 year old neice/cousin no less... with the implication that the same had happened to her mother. Very dark, yeah.

Glad Hank's in on the secret - I was down on his character, but I think he's gonna turn out good. Should be interesting to see what happens with Juliette...
Old August 30 2012, 01:38 AM   #36
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Poor Nick, Juliet is probably going to fall in love with Prince Renard the minute she lays eyes on him, because he gave her the magic kiss. Which wasn't his intent, he probably won't even be interested, but Nick is going to be furious, or at least curious...

And that will probably start the chain of events that leads to Nick figuring out who Renard really is. Why should Juliet just up and fall in love with the guy? Well besides being gorgeous, suave and built like a stallion I mean.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30 2012, 02:29 PM   #37
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Kestrel wrote: View Post
Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
So essentially these guys were going to gang rape a 17 year old girl? That's pretty dark for a network show.
Their 17 year old neice/cousin no less... with the implication that the same had happened to her mother. Very dark, yeah.
I had no idea they had so many West Virginia transplants in Oregon. Who knew?
Old August 30 2012, 03:30 PM   #38
Borgminister

Another decent episode, although kind of bland-ish and predictable. For the subject matter handled, no real sense of foreboding or consequence. It is that kind of vibe that turned me off from the show initially. If you're gonna deal with dark subjects, don't white picket fence it at the end with a paint-by-the-numbers course of events.

Warehouse 13 is camp, and knows it. Breaking Bad is dark, and knows it.

This show has got to make more of a decision in that regard I sometimes think.
Borgminister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30 2012, 07:33 PM   #39
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

They're going about as dark as I've seen on a network show. I'd rather they stay where they are than devolve into camp, and I doubt NBC would tolerate too much darker.
Old August 30 2012, 08:28 PM   #40
superdeluxe
Captain

Rhaven wrote: View Post
I want to see Nick happy with Juliette, but her memory loss may be the way out of the series for her.
Hank being finally clued in is going to be an advantage for Nick. He has a partner now that can help him fight. They should add that beat cop as well. I forget his name, the one that ate the cookie meant for Hank.

Hank fills in the role that Munroe used to fill (On a Vessen Hunt, Nick called Munroe). But with Rosalee, Munroe will have something else to keep his hands full.

Star Trek 250+ million or Bust!
superdeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30 2012, 08:29 PM   #41
superdeluxe
Captain

propita wrote: View Post

I am SO loving this show!!! Monroe and Rosalee? Fan-tas-tic, especially in the car with Nick's mom.
s.

Munromance.

Star Trek 250+ million or Bust!
superdeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30 2012, 08:57 PM   #42
JD
Admiral

superdeluxe wrote: View Post
Rhaven wrote: View Post

Hank fills in the role that Munroe used to fill (On a Vessen Hunt, Nick called Munroe). But with Rosalee, Munroe will have something else to keep his hands full.
Yeah, I could see Monroe and Rosalee turning into more of the information and research people, while Hank takes over helping take down the Vessen.
Old August 30 2012, 09:17 PM   #43
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

I just hope Rosalee survives through next week, as she looks like she's in for a bumpy ride (based on what the preview showed). I get the impression that Monroe has been on his own for quite some time and I wouldn't want to see him lose her by any stretch. They've become my favorite characters in this series so far.
Old August 31 2012, 12:21 AM   #44
sojourner
Admiral

Rosalee was contracted as a series regular for season 2. She'll live I think.
Old August 31 2012, 01:51 AM   #45
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

I'm sure the producers fully realize that they've got a winner in Munrosalie (dont blame me, I didnt make it up!) Which fills the romance quota nicely enough that Juliet better be worried...