RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,730
Members: 24,211
Currently online: 930
Newest member: DeimosAnimus

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old August 27 2012, 12:21 AM   #1
Mars
Captain

USS Galactica in Star Trek

What if the Galactica was a Galaxy Class Starship, imagine the same sort of characters in BSG as the crew of a Federation ship, starting with Bill Adama as captain, what would the other crew positions for significant characters be in the Star Trek World, and how would Kara Thrace and Lee Adama fit in? Would they be shuttle pilots or something else?

Of course Saul Tigh would be first officer, I wonder what Star Fleet command would think of his drinking habits? In fact all the crew does a lot of drinking, now that I mention it, and a Chief Medical officer who smokes in front of his patients, seems this would be a most unusual starship in the fleet. Dr. Gaius Baltar would make chief science officer, how about that? We got to make Number Six a crew member too, she would be a tall female version of commander Data with her emotion chip intact. Can you picture this?
Old August 27 2012, 12:30 AM   #2
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu
Re: USS Galactica in Star Trek

No.
Old August 27 2012, 01:02 AM   #3
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Tigh would most likely be drinking synthehol. That might make some difference.

Kara would be in a facility similar to the one Tom Paris was in at the beginning of "Caretaker."

I can't see Cottle smoking, as there's no real equivalent in Trek in the 24th Century.

I could see Baltar being a relative of Dr. Soong, especially given his ancestors. Baltar Soong...
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
Old August 27 2012, 11:02 AM   #4
Mutenroshi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mutenroshi

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Old August 29 2012, 11:05 PM   #5
Mars
Captain

shivkala wrote: View Post
Tigh would most likely be drinking synthehol. That might make some difference.

Kara would be in a facility similar to the one Tom Paris was in at the beginning of "Caretaker."

I can't see Cottle smoking, as there's no real equivalent in Trek in the 24th Century.

I could see Baltar being a relative of Dr. Soong, especially given his ancestors. Baltar Soong...
What about Cylon Model Six being a white pasty-faced Android with a positronic brain?
Old September 1 2012, 03:08 AM   #6
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

USS Galactica:

Old September 1 2012, 02:55 PM   #7
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

Ar-Pharazon, that is very cool

Is that of your own making?

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Old September 1 2012, 05:20 PM   #8
Mars
Captain

That's neat, and I'd say it would make a nice starship for Star Trek Online.
Old September 1 2012, 05:51 PM   #9
tighr
Commodore

Mars wrote: View Post
What if the Galactica was a Galaxy Class Starship, imagine the same sort of characters in BSG as the crew of a Federation ship, starting with Bill Adama as captain, what would the other crew positions for significant characters be in the Star Trek World, and how would Kara Thrace and Lee Adama fit in? Would they be shuttle pilots or something else?
The Galaxy-class ships and the Battlestars are not easily comparable. The Galactica is a heavy battle cruiser, with fighters and an on-board Marine compliment. Galaxy-class ships are exploratory vessels with science equipment.

As I mentioned in your other thread, there are no real fighters in the Star Trek universe, as nearly all battles take place between large ships. For Lee and Kara to be shuttle pilots would probably be a step-down from what they're used to. So it'd be interesting to see a "Battlestar-class" ship in Star Trek, complete with Vipers and a launch bay.
Old September 1 2012, 05:53 PM   #10
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Ar-Pharazon, that is very cool

Is that of your own making?
No, if only I had that much talent.

I just remembered it when I saw the thread.
Old September 2 2012, 03:55 AM   #11
Mars
Captain

I really like that starship, is it part of the Star Trek Online setting? I have a thread on a warp fighter in Trek Tech, this may give you an idea of what a Star Trek fighter would be like. The main advantage of fighters is that they are more maneuverable and harder to hit. Sometime someone should write a bit of fan fiction involving this starship and crew. I wonder what roles the various Cylon models would play? Star Trek does have some androids in it. I wonder, by the 25th century, you think they would have reverse-engineered Data and created new similar androids? I could imagine 12 models of androids, and I don't really see the need to make them all pasty white like Data, but watch out, make them too "human" and they might rebel!
Old September 2 2012, 05:15 AM   #12
Admiral Buzzkill
The Legend

Why would anyone think that this was an interesting, much less good, idea?
Old September 2 2012, 05:37 PM   #13
Mars
Captain

My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
Why would anyone think that this was an interesting, much less good, idea?
Ask the man who made the poster of the USS Galactica.
Old September 2 2012, 05:42 PM   #14
Deckerd
Fleet Arse

Same name, different universe.
Old September 3 2012, 03:32 AM   #15
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

Chemahkuu wrote: View Post
No.
Ditto.