Greenwood Cast In Truth
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Cumberbatch In Talks For Strange
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Two New Trek Bobble Heads
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Meaney On Playing Historical Figure Durant
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old August 22 2012, 11:59 PM   #511
Mr Silver
Rear Admiral

Re: General Pro Wrestling News and Discussion Thread Part Deux!

^ Good article.

I definitely think that some time needs to pass before Ziggler cashes in. It feels like there is something quite big missing for his character and unless he finds that missing part, it's quite possible that his MITB cash-in title reign will be "Jack Swagger" rather than "Edge".
Mr Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2012, 12:01 AM   #512
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

I predict Survivor Series for Ziggy to cash in finally. That should be enough of a margin to build up...as long as they don't keep doing the will he or won't he gimmick. That will get boring after a time.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24 2012, 09:14 AM   #513
Ghost Bones
Captain

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...been-a-failure
Last one for a couple of days now. It's about Chris Jericho. It'd be a waste not to write about him.
Old August 24 2012, 07:51 PM   #514
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Yep. I agree with that...and a couple of us Jericho fans have already spoken about it here in the thread. It was a waste and he put guys over that didn't really need it. CM Punk was already over as WWE Champion. Let's see...the Brazilian flag suspension wrecked what was obviously going to be a program against Randy Orton (arguably one of the most over superstars in WWE history right now), so no he didn't need to be put over. Then finally the losing (maybe this was the office's way of "punishing" Jericho for the suspension incident. That made a lick of sense. Then finally the last program against Ziggler...who I personally don't think needed to be put over.

I really don't know what Jericho was thinking at all during this entire run. JeriTroll was the most fascinating and possibly unique thing to come out of it but that was quickly dropped and he became typical heel Jericho again. I'm still baffled by the whole run. There was nothing that came from this run at all.

Old August 24 2012, 08:19 PM   #515
Mr Silver
Rear Admiral

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
There was nothing that came from this run at all.
Maybe not, but no one can deny that Jericho helped raise the profile of CM Punk in their spring series.
Old August 24 2012, 09:24 PM   #516
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I just disagreed with that and have several times lol. No doubt we got an awesome match from the two of them but Punk did not need Jericho to get over. He was already over, and has been since last July's story line.

Old August 25 2012, 12:00 AM   #517
Mr Silver
Rear Admiral

Of course Punk was over, but the feud with Jericho was what solidified him as a main eventer. Punk and Cena didn't really have a feud, it was more one match and then another match which was more about making Alberto Del Rio champion and trying to further a storyline arc featuring Punk, Triple H, Big Johnny and Nash than it was about Punk/Cena.

Punk's opponents from his second reign as WWE Champion until he met with Jericho consisted of the likes of Alberto Del Rio, The Miz and Dolph Ziggler, etc, who are respectably big names, but not on the same level as Chris Jericho. Punk's feud with Jericho was his first real "championship series" as the WWE Champion and it lended him credibility, especially since he's gone all that time without actually main eventing PPV's.
Old August 25 2012, 12:03 AM   #518
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Indeed. I just disagree that Jericho "elevated" Punk. He was already there IMO. We can agree to disagree, and looks like we do. I also agree that Punk's programs as WWE Champion (both times) haven't exactly been must see either. I think the Daniel Bryan feud was spectacular, moreso than Jericho to be honest. It is going to be interesting to see how creative handles this Cena/Punk feud. I believe we've all agreed that their match at Money in the Bank was borderline Five Star and that Punk seems to bring the best out of Cena. I just merely disagree about the Jericho take, that's all.

Old August 25 2012, 12:08 AM   #519
Mr Silver
Rear Admiral

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. I was also pretty disappointed in Jericho's return, but I wasn't expecting much (so not a major disappointment) - not like many people out there who were acting as if Jericho's return would shake the foundations of the WWE.

The match at MITB was easily one of the best (if not the best) matches of Cena's career and Punk's best WWE match.
Old August 25 2012, 12:23 AM   #520
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I know we've touched on this before...and I did mention it is possible the new belt isn't completed, but I'm starting to get anxious about seeing it. I really hope you're not right Admiral M with your prediction (I think?) that Rock will win his match at Royal Rumble and be presented with it?

That does make sense, but I'll be disappointed if that happens. I'm a little surprised we haven't seen further "leaked" pics of the belt.

Old August 25 2012, 12:36 AM   #521
Mr Silver
Rear Admiral

I think it might be a NOC/SS thing, just by going on what Punk said in a recent interview about it being on or after Summerslam. NOC is my guess if it's finished, since it makes sense within the context of the PPV (being about champions and all).

Of course, if Cena is going to walk out as champion at NOC, then it could take as long until the Rumble for the new belt to debut. I mean why would Cena just dump the belt he's been long associated with? (which actually is his, if you recall, in the storyline Cena commissioned a new title belt that "suited his character" shortly after he won the title for the first time.) The way I see it:

CM Punk: This belt (it will be referred to as "title" since Vince is weird about them being referred to as belts) represents everything that is wrong with the WWE - namely John Cena. The only way that I, yes I the actual WWE Champion can hope to break away from that association is to dump this piece of crap. And as champion, I demand that the WWE board of directors selects something with class, that doesn't feature anything that disrespects the WWE Championship, it's lineage and most importantly - me.

If they want to give Punk heat, they could have him destroy of deface one of the replicas, or throw the belt away as rubbish. The new title would then be unveiled at NOC and presented to the winner of the match.
Old August 25 2012, 12:43 AM   #522
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Interesting. I was thinking probably Survivor Series since it's the last major PPV of the year. I don't see Punk ever doing anything like that since that would be a sign of disrespect, and Punk's whole thing now is about respect, even as a pseudo heel like he is right now.

Anyone else think that they're writing off Brock to prepare him for the rumoured/anticipated feud against Undertaker?

Old August 25 2012, 12:49 AM   #523
Mr Silver
Rear Admiral

^ I think a rematch with Triple H is the most likely scenario at this moment in time. I could see that occuring at HIAC or Survivor Series. I think that Undertaker and Brock could very well be on for Wrestlemania.
Old August 25 2012, 12:52 AM   #524
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Triple H has been advertised for the September 11, 2012 Smackdown taping in Ottawa. Raw will be in Montreal on September 10th. The Score here has been advertising them heavily.

Don't think I'd be interested in a rematch given their match last weekend.

Old August 25 2012, 10:44 AM   #525
Defcon
Rear Admiral

View Defcon's Twitter Profile

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I'm a little surprised we haven't seen further "leaked" pics of the belt.
http://www.sescoops.com/new-picture-...p-belt-design/
Defcon is offline   Reply With Quote