Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old August 19 2012, 02:03 AM   #181
Maxwell Everett
Fleet Captain

Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

NewHorizon wrote: View Post
Hmmm, so does this all mean that the Amazon rep was just talking out of his butt when he verified that the set was the newly corrected one? I hope I'm not just going to be receiving another copy of the flawed discs on Tuesday.
If it's new, the barcode should be different. And look for a red delta on the spine that the UK press release spoke about... I would think the US one would have that as well.

If there's no visible difference, don't bother opening it. Call them and ask why it's an identical-looking set first.
Old August 19 2012, 02:38 AM   #182
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

I know that when Universal had a problem with the initial DVD release of Back to the Future the barcode was the same, save for an "R" on the corrected version. I suspect this will be similar either the barcode will be slightly different or totally new. I suspect the former as I assume it's not easy -or cheap- to "register" a new barcode for an item that's effectively the same item as a previously registered one.
Old August 19 2012, 01:07 PM   #183
NewHorizon
Captain

Maxwell Everett wrote: View Post

If it's new, the barcode should be different. And look for a red delta on the spine that the UK press release spoke about... I would think the US one would have that as well.
Yeah, I had heard about that.

If there's no visible difference, don't bother opening it. Call them and ask why it's an identical-looking set first.
I spoke with another rep from Amazon last night and this person, after actually taking the time to look into it, said that it won't be the new set. Why they're still shipping the old one is beyond me...they should be holding off on shipping them until the corrected sets come in. Oh well.
NewHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2012, 05:55 PM   #184
Salinga
Captain

In Germany Amazon just send out a message, that you have to send the damaged discs to this address:

Trekworld Marketing GmbH, Borsigstraße 13, 30916 Isernhagen

Then you get the corrected discs back.

Of course this means: If your discs get lost on their way to them - your fault. Buy a new set.
Salinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2012, 09:18 PM   #185
J. Lester
Fleet Captain

View J. Lester's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to J. Lester Send a message via AIM to J. Lester Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Lester Send a message via Yahoo to J. Lester

Maxwell Everett wrote: View Post

Yeah, I had heard about that.

I spoke with another rep from Amazon last night and this person, after actually taking the time to look into it, said that it won't be the new set. Why they're still shipping the old one is beyond me...they should be holding off on shipping them until the corrected sets come in. Oh well.
I also did an exchange with Amazon.com, expecting to get a corrected set. My package is supposed to arrive Monday, so I'll soon find out. After reading the recent posts here, I'm not too hopeful.
Old August 19 2012, 11:27 PM   #186
NewHorizon
Captain

J. Lester wrote: View Post
I also did an exchange with Amazon.com, expecting to get a corrected set. My package is supposed to arrive Monday, so I'll soon find out. After reading the recent posts here, I'm not too hopeful.
Yeah, it won't be the corrected set, the second rep I spoke to took the time to dig into it and said they do not have access to the corrected sets at this time. Guess we'll both be sending them back and waiting for the new sets to become available.
Old August 20 2012, 08:19 PM   #187
J. Lester
Fleet Captain

View J. Lester's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to J. Lester Send a message via AIM to J. Lester Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Lester Send a message via Yahoo to J. Lester

Yeah, it won't be the corrected set, the second rep I spoke to took the time to dig into it and said they do not have access to the corrected sets at this time. Guess we'll both be sending them back and waiting for the new sets to become available.
I got the new set this afternoon, and they are the uncorrected versions. I guess I'll have to put up with these discs until the company handling the disc replacement program gets around to sending out corrected discs.
Old August 20 2012, 08:44 PM   #188
Harvey
Admiral

Has anyone who sent an email in received a confirmation of some sort yet after submitting their disc codes?

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2012, 08:47 PM   #189
NewHorizon
Captain

I got the new set this afternoon, and they are the uncorrected versions. I guess I'll have to put up with these discs until the company handling the disc replacement program gets around to sending out corrected discs.
If you received your discs from Amazon as a 'replacement' then just print off the pre-paid label the emailed you and send the disc set you just received back. When the corrected discs become available, you can submit a request to exchange again.
Old August 20 2012, 09:35 PM   #190
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Harvey wrote: View Post
Has anyone who sent an email in received a confirmation of some sort yet after submitting their disc codes?
Nope.
Old August 21 2012, 03:06 AM   #191
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Harvey wrote: View Post
Nope, which is sort of annoying. It would have been nice to get a "The codes are valid. You'll get your discs... sometime."
Old August 21 2012, 05:16 AM   #192
Captain Fine
Fleet Captain

View Captain Fine's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Captain Fine Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Fine Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Fine

I wonder how long it would take to actually produce new discs?
Old August 21 2012, 01:27 PM   #193
LOKAI of CHERON
Commodore

Location: Post-apocalyptic ruins of my once mighty Homeworld.

Just a quick update for UK patrons. After purchasing the set in-store from HMV, I rang the number listed upthread. I was instructed to return my discs in person next week, by which time replacement stock will allegedly be on the shelves.

Honestly, I am somewhat sceptical on the successful outcome of this action - from both an availability and/or resistant/unwilling employees standpoint. I was clearly told those on the shop floor have been fully briefed however. Hmm, we'll see...
Old August 21 2012, 04:48 PM   #194
Scotty
Rear Admiral

Don't know if this has been mentioned before but Skin of Evil has some audio glitches as well. When Yar is transported to sickbay some of the dialogue has an echo. Also my dics freezes at certain points.
Old August 21 2012, 05:29 PM   #195
LOKAI of CHERON
Commodore

Location: Post-apocalyptic ruins of my once mighty Homeworld.

Scotty wrote: View Post
Also my dics freezes at certain points.
Do you want to rephrase that?!!! In seriousness, no problem with freezing on my disc.