Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old August 17 2012, 09:14 PM   #166
Maxwell Everett
Commodore

Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

Cap.T wrote: View Post
amazon.de also told me to send my defective discs to a replacement adress. What I don't understand is, that they want Discs 1, 3, 4 and 5. Does anybode know what's wrong on Disc 5?
Well, "Heart of Glory" is on disc 5, and that episode has a missing effect. Maybe this is why they pushed replacements back to September. While the audio is a straightforward fix, altering the video requires re-encoding the entire episode all over again.
Old August 17 2012, 09:25 PM   #167
Maxwell Everett
Commodore

^ Just remembered, so is "We'll Always Have Paris". Maybe they found the missing 2 seconds? Fingers crossed.
Old August 17 2012, 09:34 PM   #168
Doug Otte
Fleet Captain

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Whatelse do you want? For CBS to personally come to your door, say they're sorry, and give you a brand-new copy of the season along with an advanced copy of the next season? And, oh, the super-secret plan they have in doing DS9 that's not public yet followed by a blow job?
Actually, I'd be happy if they showed up at my door w/ the corrected set, a nice bottle of Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc, a box of chocolates, and offered me soothing words w/ a hug and a peck on the cheek...but that last suggestion of yours would not be turned down!
Doug Otte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2012, 10:29 PM   #169
Falcor5
Fleet Captain

BriGuy wrote: View Post
I just got off the phone with Deluxe.

I was told replacement discs are now not going out until September.

I had been concerned because I never got confirmation that my email submission to get replacement discs was received or complete.

The guy I talked to was friendly enough, but he could not find my email submission and took my information again.

I was told they have "over 3,000" requests for replacement discs.
Thanks for the info! I bet CBS is correcting the effects stuff on disc 5 that someone else also mentioned and that is the reason for the delay in shipping from deluxe. While the longer wait stinks if we do indeed get all the fixes it would be worth it!
Falcor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2012, 11:33 PM   #170
davejames
Vice Admiral

Hmm. I've been putting off watching the affected episodes until I got the replacement discs, but not sure if I can wait until September.

Guess I'll have to do the stereo option...
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18 2012, 12:17 AM   #171
Ugly Sweater
Trekker4747

The discs are perfectly... listen... to... able.... On the standard Dolby audio selection.
Old August 18 2012, 01:36 AM   #172
NewHorizon
Captain

Falcor5 wrote: View Post

Thanks for the info! I bet CBS is correcting the effects stuff on disc 5 that someone else also mentioned and that is the reason for the delay in shipping from deluxe. While the longer wait stinks if we do indeed get all the fixes it would be worth it!
See, now this has me worried again. The US Amazon rep assured me that I would be receiving the 'corrected' set, and it's now on the Canadian side of the border. Is there anyone who could give us correct information about this?
NewHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18 2012, 02:26 AM   #173
Captain Fine
Fleet Captain

View Captain Fine's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Captain Fine Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Fine Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Fine

I'd be willing to wait another month if they found those missing 2 seconds of footage.

Although to be honest I didn't even notice the 2 seconds of SD. I felt like I was paying attention the whole time and I didn't notice anything... although I did fall asleep during the episode and rewatched the parts I missed.
Old August 18 2012, 06:28 AM   #174
davejames
Vice Admiral

I noticed the 2 seconds, but being in such a forgettable episode I wasn't too bothered by it.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18 2012, 07:48 AM   #175
Mutai Sho-Rin

BriGuy wrote: View Post
Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Indeed, the mistake was made and inside of a month is being corrected with a free replacement for the defective discs. Whatelse do you want? For CBS to personally come to your door, say they're sorry, and give you a brand-new copy of the season along with an advanced copy of the next season? And, oh, the super-secret plan they have in doing DS9 that's not public yet followed by a blow job?

It's being taken care of.
Did you see my post? Now they're saying replacement discs won't be sent out until September.

Plus, to boot, they had no record of my email submission.

What I want is all customers treated equally, and clear communication.

But I guess that is too much to expect. Like civil discourse is too much to expect from you and your ilk.

And yes, I'm getting pissed at the juvenile behavior exhibited by you and a few others, and I am restraining myself. I have not directed insulting comments at others here, YOU have.
ENOUGH! By my standards, you ARE whining and the repeated angry posts are bordering on trolling. Perhaps you should avoid this thread for a while.
Old August 18 2012, 10:31 AM   #176
Scotty
Rear Admiral

In defense of BriGuy, I don't think he is trolling and he is actually voicing a concern that is shared by many, myself included. After an initial good pick up of the problem by CBS, information hasn't been forthcoming about what other minor problems are being taken care of and when we can expect the replacements. They keep telling different people and different media outlets different things. I'm confident I'll get my replacement, but CBS should issue a revised press release with the latest news on the corrected issues.
Old August 18 2012, 03:39 PM   #177
Captain Fine
Fleet Captain

View Captain Fine's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Captain Fine Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Fine Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Fine

Scotty wrote: View Post
In defense of BriGuy, I don't think he is trolling and he is actually voicing a concern that is shared by many, myself included. After an initial good pick up of the problem by CBS, information hasn't been forthcoming about what other minor problems are being taken care of and when we can expect the replacements. They keep telling different people and different media outlets different things. I'm confident I'll get my replacement, but CBS should issue a revised press release with the latest news on the corrected issues.
I agree to an extent. But I think we also need to be patient and not freak out right away.
Old August 18 2012, 05:57 PM   #178
Ugly Sweater
Trekker4747

Honestly, when it seemed like replacement was going to happen inside of a couple of weeks it DID seem to me to be "too fast." I am a bit miffed that I never got confirmation that the disc number(s) I sent them were valid and confirmed I'll get the replacements. But, I'll wait and see.
Old August 18 2012, 10:03 PM   #179
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

I hadn't been thinking about it for a while and was going to come in here to ask if anyone got their replacements "5 days after Aug. 10".

I'm guessing no one has

So, September now?

If we used the phone-in option, can we call back & verify they still have our info?
Ar-Pharazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2012, 12:58 AM   #180
NewHorizon
Captain

Hmmm, so does this all mean that the Amazon rep was just talking out of his butt when he verified that the set was the newly corrected one? I hope I'm not just going to be receiving another copy of the flawed discs on Tuesday.
NewHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote