Pegg Star Wars Rumor
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Borg Cube Fridge
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Free Enterprise Kickstarter

Siddig To Join Game Of Thrones

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old August 15 2012, 05:45 PM   #1081
Saga
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga
Re: The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

i finally found an 11th Doctor action figure. i say finally because for some reason Doctor Who toys have been hard to find in my area.
Old August 15 2012, 09:59 PM   #1082
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile

Scored the Kmart-exclusive AT-ST Scout Walker(Vintage Collection packaging) a couple of hours ago! They had just put them on the shelves after taking what seemed to be an interminable amount of time resetting the Star Wars aisle, and it cost me $34.99. It doesn't come with a figure such as a Walker commander or driver, but those will be out in a Kmart-exclusive two-pack along with a set of exclusive Ewoks in about a month or two.

It would have made a whole lot more sense to release the Walker, AT-ST figures and the Ewoks at the same time so collectors and kids would have the figures to put inside their Walkers as soon as they purchased them, but since we're dealing with Hasbro as well as Kmart I guess we should just be happy that they're getting released at all.

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2012, 10:45 PM   #1083
C.E. Evans
Vice Admiral

Praetor_Shinzon wrote: View Post
i finally found an 11th Doctor action figure. i say finally because for some reason Doctor Who toys have been hard to find in my area.
Congrats.

I held off getting an 11th Doctor once I heard there was going to be a box set featuring all 11 Doctors (I also knew it was going to be quickest--if not currently, the only way--to get the Eighth Doctor, which is the only Doctor figure that hasn't been released separately, as far as I know).
Old August 16 2012, 12:54 AM   #1084
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

Given that he had just one on-screen appearance in the Doctor Who franchise I'm not that shocked that Paul McGann doesn't get a lot of merchandise, but you'd think that---if for no other reason than to have a complete set of figures representing the entire Time Lord saga---they'd have a couple of them floating around.

It's like a line of Star Trek figures without at the very least a couple of Jeffrey Hunters being in circulation somewhere.

Old August 17 2012, 06:13 AM   #1085
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

New, upcoming Walmart exclusive! A Clone Wars Ultimate Gift Set featuring a straight repack of the currently hard-to-find Commander Wolffe(Phase 2 armor) figure. At least I think it's a straight repack. From what I've read it seems to be the exact same figure as the individually carded one that was just released.

Old August 18 2012, 05:04 AM   #1086
C.E. Evans
Vice Admiral

cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
Given that he had just one on-screen appearance in the Doctor Who franchise I'm not that shocked that Paul McGann doesn't get a lot of merchandise, but you'd think that---if for no other reason than to have a complete set of figures representing the entire Time Lord saga---they'd have a couple of them floating around.
Yeah. The box set is currently the only way (other than eBay) to get all eleven Doctors.
It's like a line of Star Trek figures without at the very least a couple of Jeffrey Hunters being in circulation somewhere.
Kind of like the original Mego line (which I did have as a kid).

Speaking of Trek toys, a dream I had was for a 3.75-inch line that ran the whole spectrum, from TOS to Star Trek XII (with a line of ships, phasers, etc., to match). But I think the reality of the current toy industry--in particular, action figures--makes that idea unrealistic, especially with Hasbro now having the license (perhaps they'll let another company have a sub-license for that--hopefully).

One thing I've been seeing Hasbro and Mattel moving towards is releasing figures solely through subscription clubs, which is essentially the same as making them rare (i.e., expensive) online exclusives.
Old August 18 2012, 05:17 AM   #1087
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

My DC collection has been expanding by leaps and bounds lately, so I figures it's time for some updated pics:

DC Heroes:

DC Villains:

The Green Lantern Corps:

The other Lanterns:

Since I have a strict "1 version of any character" rule on the Heroes and Villains shelf, Batman has to have his own shelf due to the ridiculous number of Batman family figures produced:
Old August 18 2012, 05:33 AM   #1088
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

Thanks for all the great new and colorful pics, guys. This thread just gets more awesome all the time, and it's thanks to your loyal participation.

Old August 18 2012, 06:02 AM   #1089
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Agreed. I love this thread. I love showing off my stuff, and seeing other people show off their stuff, too. Heck, I even love this thread when we're all complaining about distribution.
Old August 18 2012, 06:17 AM   #1090
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

Speaking of...

Hasbro su...

Never mind.

Old August 18 2012, 06:19 AM   #1091
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

My luck with toys has been so great lately, that even I can't complain about them right now. Of course I can complain about my lack of self control when I check my bank statement.
Old August 18 2012, 06:23 AM   #1092
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

Apparently the Grand Moff Tarkin and Jar Jar waves of Vintage are starting to show up in the best numbers of any wave since TPM in January and February. Admittedly, it wouldn't take much at all to have better distribution and stocking than the last few assortments, but the store reports of Waves 5 and 6 hitting places like Kmart in strength is encouraging. It'd be a shame if Hasbro started clearing up some of the distribution issues right as the final wave of Vintage is a limited run, online exclusive(I'd absolutely love to see all 12 of those beauties on store pegs), but any retail improvement is welcome.

Old August 18 2012, 06:51 AM   #1093
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Well, my wallett can breath a little sigh of relief. I just got an email telling me that Hot Toys Captain America is delayed until December, Thor until January, and Loki until March. Still, the Avengers line has been getting hit with crazy delays. Nick Fury is finally getting out, but Hawkeye was supposed to hit in June, and now they're saying September.
Old August 18 2012, 02:57 PM   #1094
Misfit Toy
Caped Trek Mod

Loving the DC figures, OdoWan! If I collected, I think I'd go for the Justice Society and the Legion. Oh - the Lanterns are great too - is there not a G'nort?
Old August 18 2012, 04:31 PM   #1095
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

No, sadly G'nort has not been made.

You would have a hell of a time with the Legion. Not a single Legion member was ever released in the main line. Instead, Matty put out a twelve-pack of Legion members that has skyrocketed in price on the aftermarket. Starman was part of the Club Infinite Earths subscriptions, but again, aftermarket prices. He's a nice figure that could fit in either the Legion or the JSA.

JSA members shouldn't be too hard, though. Jay Garrick is the only one that fetches large aftermarket prices, since he was also a subscription figure.