RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,706
Posts: 5,431,786
Members: 24,834
Currently online: 449
Newest member: kamkaran


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old August 16 2012, 06:50 PM   #151
NewHorizon
Captain
 
Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

cbspock wrote: View Post
The discs were going to start shipping on the 10th??

-Chris
They said the discs would ship within 5 business days after August 10th. So anywhere between the 10th and the 15th. It's looking like my replacement from Amazon might be shipped tomorrow.
NewHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2012, 02:00 AM   #152
MickJo1701
Commander
 
MickJo1701's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

Kryten wrote: View Post
MickJo1701 wrote: View Post
I emailed HMV about obtaining the replacement set and they just sent back a generic 'return faulty item' email due to manufacturing fault. Piss poor effort in comparison to Amazon & Play.
Got exactly the same. I won't be sending it back to them for a replacement/refund as the generic reply says to do given they've not stopped selling it on their website despite the recall so they are probably still selling dodgy copies. I won't be using HMV next time! I'll just await for whatever Paramount decide to do for the rest of us.
Only used HMV because it was a tenner cheaper than Amazon, next time I wont be such a penny picker. There's a gulf between them in service quality.
MickJo1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2012, 02:15 AM   #153
NewHorizon
Captain
 
Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

NewHorizon wrote: View Post
cbspock wrote: View Post
The discs were going to start shipping on the 10th??

-Chris
They said the discs would ship within 5 business days after August 10th. So anywhere between the 10th and the 15th. It's looking like my replacement from Amazon might be shipped tomorrow.
Just checked my Amazon status and the replacement set is in transit. Should have it by Tuesday or Wednesday.
NewHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2012, 04:49 AM   #154
BriGuy
Rear Admiral
 
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

NewHorizon wrote: View Post
NewHorizon wrote: View Post
cbspock wrote: View Post
The discs were going to start shipping on the 10th??

-Chris
They said the discs would ship within 5 business days after August 10th. So anywhere between the 10th and the 15th. It's looking like my replacement from Amazon might be shipped tomorrow.
Just checked my Amazon status and the replacement set is in transit. Should have it by Tuesday or Wednesday.
You get a complete new set, I get... well, I don't know what I'm getting, they haven't told me. I think just a few discs replaced, I'm not sure.

That's why I'm
BriGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2012, 12:12 PM   #155
Falcor5
Fleet Captain
 
Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

NewHorizon wrote: View Post
NewHorizon wrote: View Post
cbspock wrote: View Post
The discs were going to start shipping on the 10th??

-Chris
They said the discs would ship within 5 business days after August 10th. So anywhere between the 10th and the 15th. It's looking like my replacement from Amazon might be shipped tomorrow.
Just checked my Amazon status and the replacement set is in transit. Should have it by Tuesday or Wednesday.
Wow so they have already replaced and sent the the full new version of the season 1 sets to retailers like Amazon?? That was extremely fast. Now if only we could get our replacement discs soon!
Falcor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2012, 03:19 PM   #156
NewHorizon
Captain
 
Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

Falcor5 wrote: View Post
Wow so they have already replaced and sent the the full new version of the season 1 sets to retailers like Amazon?? That was extremely fast. Now if only we could get our replacement discs soon!
I sure hope it's the corrected set, that's what the customer service rep told me when I spoke to them. I made sure I asked the rep if this would be the corrected set and they assured me that it would be. *fingers crossed*
NewHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2012, 06:07 PM   #157
M
Vice Admiral
 
M's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

Hm, just received a mail from Amazon.de. They actually want you to send in all defective discs, before sending out the replacements. After hearing how well this is handled in the US, I'm kinda pissed I actually have to take action first. Why don't they just send them to me? This sucks.
__________________
Bashir: »Out of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?«
Garak: »My dear doctor, they're all true.«
Bashir: »Even the lies?«
Garak: »Especially the lies.«
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2012, 06:11 PM   #158
BriGuy
Rear Admiral
 
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

I just got off the phone with Deluxe.

I was told replacement discs are now not going out until September.

I had been concerned because I never got confirmation that my email submission to get replacement discs was received or complete.

The guy I talked to was friendly enough, but he could not find my email submission and took my information again.

I was told they have "over 3,000" requests for replacement discs.
BriGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2012, 06:11 PM   #159
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral
 
Trekker4747's Avatar
 
Location: Kansas City
Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

NCC-1701 wrote: View Post
Hm, just received a mail from Amazon.de. They actually want you to send in all defective discs, before sending out the replacements. After hearing how well this is handled in the US, I'm kinda pissed I actually have to take action first. Why don't they just send them to me? This sucks.
Huh. Thats counter to any experience I've had with Amazon and handling defective items/exchanges. Usually they send you the replacement out right away. Hell, when I had to do an exchange on something I got the replacement the next day before I could even send back the defective item!
__________________
Out of hope.
Trekker4747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2012, 07:17 PM   #160
Brikar99
Rear Admiral
 
Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

BriGuy wrote: View Post
NewHorizon wrote: View Post
NewHorizon wrote: View Post

They said the discs would ship within 5 business days after August 10th. So anywhere between the 10th and the 15th. It's looking like my replacement from Amazon might be shipped tomorrow.
Just checked my Amazon status and the replacement set is in transit. Should have it by Tuesday or Wednesday.
You get a complete new set, I get... well, I don't know what I'm getting, they haven't told me. I think just a few discs replaced, I'm not sure.

That's why I'm
Oh, my, god, dude. Seriously, grow up and stop whining. You are gonna have a full, complete working set. Just. Like. Everyone. Else.
__________________
SNW 9: 'Mestral' - 'Ninja Werewolf Assassins!' - Movie/TV reviews: For Reelz
Brikar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2012, 07:33 PM   #161
BriGuy
Rear Admiral
 
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

Brikar99 wrote: View Post
BriGuy wrote: View Post
NewHorizon wrote: View Post

Just checked my Amazon status and the replacement set is in transit. Should have it by Tuesday or Wednesday.
You get a complete new set, I get... well, I don't know what I'm getting, they haven't told me. I think just a few discs replaced, I'm not sure.

That's why I'm
Oh, my, god, dude. Seriously, grow up and stop whining. You are gonna have a full, complete working set. Just. Like. Everyone. Else.
Whining?

Care to leave personal insults out of the discussion?
BriGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2012, 07:37 PM   #162
trekker670
Fleet Captain
 
Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

It is getting rather out of hand, the majority of you posts lately are to complain about the audio issues and how the replacements are being handled. The problems are being fixed and they're not costing you a single cent so I don't see the problem. It all comes down to who you ordered with how it's being handled and if you'll get a complete new set (handled by the individual retailers) or the individual discs (handled by CBS).
trekker670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2012, 07:50 PM   #163
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral
 
Trekker4747's Avatar
 
Location: Kansas City
Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

Indeed, the mistake was made and inside of a month is being corrected with a free replacement for the defective discs. Whatelse do you want? For CBS to personally come to your door, say they're sorry, and give you a brand-new copy of the season along with an advanced copy of the next season? And, oh, the super-secret plan they have in doing DS9 that's not public yet followed by a blow job?

It's being taken care of.
__________________
Out of hope.
Trekker4747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2012, 09:01 PM   #164
Cap.T
Lieutenant Commander
 
Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

amazon.de also told me to send my defective discs to a replacement adress. What I don't understand is, that they want Discs 1, 3, 4 and 5. Does anybode know what's wrong on Disc 5?
Cap.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2012, 09:08 PM   #165
BriGuy
Rear Admiral
 
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Indeed, the mistake was made and inside of a month is being corrected with a free replacement for the defective discs. Whatelse do you want? For CBS to personally come to your door, say they're sorry, and give you a brand-new copy of the season along with an advanced copy of the next season? And, oh, the super-secret plan they have in doing DS9 that's not public yet followed by a blow job?

It's being taken care of.
Did you see my post? Now they're saying replacement discs won't be sent out until September.

Plus, to boot, they had no record of my email submission.

What I want is all customers treated equally, and clear communication.

But I guess that is too much to expect. Like civil discourse is too much to expect from you and your ilk.

And yes, I'm getting pissed at the juvenile behavior exhibited by you and a few others, and I am restraining myself. I have not directed insulting comments at others here, YOU have.
BriGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.