Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old August 14 2012, 07:41 PM   #136
cbspock
Rear Admiral

Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

trekker670 wrote: View Post
The discs are likely being sent out this week. I wouldn't really call it "ratty customer service," since they were very rapid in offering the replacements and made the process very easy. What more information do you expect? They stated in the phone calls and emails that they'd be shipped within 5 business days of August 10th.

There should have been an acknowledgement after they recieved the information. I got one when they replaced the BTTF and Superman discs way back when.

-Chris
Old August 14 2012, 07:43 PM   #137
cbspock
Rear Admiral

NewHorizon wrote: View Post
I just spoke with Amazon.com in the US. They have given me an exchange request for the corrected set. The corrected set will be sent to me at no charge and they will include a pre-paid return package for the old set.

Nice and easy.

Heh, I guess I'm still getting the replacement disks too. Oh well.
I bought mine through Amazon, guess I should have contacted them, oh well.

-Chris
Old August 14 2012, 07:47 PM   #138
NewHorizon
Captain

cbspock wrote: View Post

I bought mine through Amazon, guess I should have contacted them, oh well.

-Chris
I didn't have any indication that I should have contacted Amazon, but I decided to on my own. I figured it couldn't hurt to see if they would offer replacement of the full set, rather than disk replacement. I ended up being pleasantly surprised. Just hop onto their online chat support and give them your account name, they'll hook you up. I'll be getting my replacements by the end of the month.
NewHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14 2012, 10:36 PM   #139
Kryten
Ensign

MickJo1701 wrote: View Post
I emailed HMV about obtaining the replacement set and they just sent back a generic 'return faulty item' email due to manufacturing fault. Piss poor effort in comparison to Amazon & Play.
Got exactly the same. I won't be sending it back to them for a replacement/refund as the generic reply says to do given they've not stopped selling it on their website despite the recall so they are probably still selling dodgy copies. I won't be using HMV next time! I'll just await for whatever Paramount decide to do for the rest of us.
Kryten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2012, 12:01 AM   #140
Captain Fine
Fleet Captain

View Captain Fine's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Captain Fine Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Fine Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Fine

I think we should just wait a week and see if people start getting these replacement discs. If there's nothing by the end of this week or next, then I'd contact them again.
Old August 15 2012, 01:02 AM   #141
Maxwell Everett
Commodore

There should have been an acknowledgement after they recieved the information. I got one when they replaced the BTTF and Superman discs way back when.

-Chris
Really? Hmm... was that with Deluxe Media Management? I've never had that experience with them through email -- of course, this time I called them and personally gave my info to a person so I knew they had it.
Old August 15 2012, 01:46 AM   #142
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

The person who I talked to said that the discs were being shipped out on August 10th (Last Friday) and it should take 5 business days. If there's nothing by Friday or next week, I might give an update, but I kind of thought some people might have gotten discs a bit early. While the weekend aren't business days, the Mail still runs on Saturday, at least in the US.
Old August 15 2012, 02:20 AM   #143
cbspock
Rear Admiral

Maxwell Everett wrote: View Post

-Chris
Really? Hmm... was that with Deluxe Media Management? I've never had that experience with them through email -- of course, this time I called them and personally gave my info to a person so I knew they had it.
I got an email saying they shipped, I forget who handled those replacements but I think it was through Universal.

-Chris
Old August 15 2012, 04:04 AM   #144
WalkerBait
Trekker4747

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
The person who I talked to said that the discs were being shipped out on August 10th (Last Friday) and it should take 5 business days. If there's nothing by Friday or next week, I might give an update, but I kind of thought some people might have gotten discs a bit early. While the weekend aren't business days, the Mail still runs on Saturday, at least in the US.
Were they being shipped by USPS or UPS/FedEx or some other parcel company?
Old August 15 2012, 05:42 AM   #145
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
tomalak301 wrote: View Post
Were they being shipped by USPS or UPS/FedEx or some other parcel company?
They didn't say, but I would assume your standard mail.
Old August 15 2012, 09:03 AM   #146
picard_2305
Lieutenant Junior Grade

A fortnight ago and early partof last week I was concerned. At £50.99 I want to make sure I get a perfect set.

But once I got the email from Play.com saying they are issuing me with a new set I am comfortable in the waiting game now. I know it is coming now where as last week I was not sure what was happening.
picard_2305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2012, 09:50 PM   #147
Mott the barber
Commodore

We're all in the same boat here (at least in the US). Hold tight until next week everyone.
Old August 16 2012, 12:20 PM   #148
tomswift2002
Fleet Captain

Scotty wrote: View Post
tomswift2002 wrote: View Post
dg1379 wrote: View Post

I wasn't having any issues until 11001001 when the audio sounded like everyone talking through a soup can. In fact, that entire disc, disc 4, had bad audio all together. I do not have surround on my system yet so I have been listening to stereo sound. I was surprised by that. Made my call. Very simple process.

I'm just watching the binar episode right now (I've got a 5.1 system that allows me to matrix different environments) and I've been switching between stereo and the different 5.1 matrices (including DTS regular) and I haven't heard any problems.
Unless you've skipped the pilot Encounter at Farpoint, the audio problems are almost impossible to miss. The main problem is that the dialogue from the center channel has been mixed into the front left and front right channel as well (on 7 episodes). So some episodes sound normal, others have have an echo or sound "tinny", or in the case of EaF the dialogue seems to come from the right speaker.
I just double checked EAF and there is a tiny amount of voice leakage into my front right speaker, but unless you put your ear right next to the speaker, it sounds like all the voices re coming from the center speaker.

But aside from EAF and the binar episode, what are the other 5 episodes tht "apparently" have this issue?
tomswift2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2012, 12:54 PM   #149
Maxwell Everett
Commodore

tomswift2002 wrote: View Post
But aside from EAF and the binar episode, what are the other 5 episodes tht "apparently" have this issue?
The affected episodes are:

"Encounter at Farpoint"
"Hide and Q"
"Haven"
"The Big Goodbye"
"Datalore"
"11001001"
"Too Short a Season"
Old August 16 2012, 04:21 PM   #150
cbspock
Rear Admiral

The discs were going to start shipping on the 10th??

-Chris