Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old August 14 2012, 01:07 AM   #181
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

Re: Breaking Bad - Season 5

Mojochi wrote: View Post
Trubinator wrote: View Post
I have to admit I'll be annoyed if they do something as cliched as having the apprentice kill the master. If Jesse were to shoot Walt, it would work thematically but everyone would see it coming a mile away. For Breaking Bad to truly end on a fantastic note, the ending not only needs to be satisfying ... but unpredictable.
I don't agree. We all knew that in order for Walt to keep breaking bad & go farther down that dark road, Gus had to die & Walt would be the guy to do it

And that's what happened. Was that predictable? I suppose so. Was it awesome? You bet your ass it was

Besides, Jesse was never Walt's apprentice. He is his foil, & he was his accomplice. In fact, Walt chose Jesse because Jesse had more experience in drug dealing. I actually hope it isn't as simple as a shootout though
I still think Walter foiling himself would be better poetic justice than having Jesse off him. If they had wanted to play that card, they should have addressed it earlier somehow. And at this point, bringing the old Broc thing into the mix would be a little too farfetched given how efficiently Walter disposed of that evidence.

I will grant you that whatever ending they choose should be exciting as hell and awesome, but Breaking Bad has made a habit of doing what makes sense rather than doing what people want. I would like to see the writers and producers continue this trend to the end.
Old August 14 2012, 04:59 AM   #182
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

RJ Mitte is 19, and will be turning 20 this month.
Wha-at? No way. That's impossible. BB came on the air in 2008. He was 15 at the time, possibly a few months younger due to filming? Men don't mature physically that fast. He looked at least 20 then. He can't possibly be only 19 now. He looks 30. Does he smoke two packs a day? He looks like a grown man living in his parents' home.

Will Jesse kill Walt? At this point I wouldn't rule anything out. How Jesse and Walt's story ends should be the emotional core of the second half, so to speak. Will Jesse "break good"? He'd have to get out of drug dealing for that. There's got to be a point where Jesse's hit in the face with what a cold, ruthless mofo Walt has become and he's unable to hide in denial. I cannot see Jesse becoming a drug kingpin under any circumstance. He doesn't have it in him. He can't be a Gus or a Walter. He's not ruthless enough.

I can't decide if I want Walter to make one last, schmaltzy gesture towards Jesse (no, not giving him the finger ) as a last ditch attempt to not leave this life as a complete slimeball of a human being.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14 2012, 09:17 AM   #183
Snaploud
Admiral

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
RJ Mitte is 19, and will be turning 20 this month.
Wha-at? No way. That's impossible. BB came on the air in 2008. He was 15 at the time, possibly a few months younger due to filming? Men don't mature physically that fast. He looked at least 20 then. He can't possibly be only 19 now. He looks 30. Does he smoke two packs a day? He looks like a grown man living in his parents' home.
Here is a picture of him from back in 2008:

He looks 15 to me.

Here is a picture of him in 2012:

It looks like he aged at least 5 years and increased his fitness, but he could be anywhere in his 20s in that picture. 19 isn't unreasonable. Keep in mind that lighting and make-up can have a big effect on how somebody appears.
Snaploud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14 2012, 11:09 AM   #184
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

So I can blame that fucking green light bulb above me for what I'm seeing in the mirror?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14 2012, 06:20 PM   #185
Roger Wilco
Admiral

stj wrote: View Post
The recap included Walt saying the melamine must flow.
Methylamine.

Throughout the last couple episode I couldn't help but think Todd was a plant/rat, guess I was wrong, he's all-in... Holy shit.
Old August 14 2012, 06:36 PM   #186
Roger Wilco
Admiral

Btw. the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced Todd did the "right" thing. The kid had to die. Don't forget they buried the tank in the ground, how quickly can they get it out? If the boy tells the police and they send a car out there, everything was for nothing, and with all the traces they surely left, they are all done.

Mike and Walt will agree with Todd's action.
Old August 14 2012, 06:49 PM   #187
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

Was the tank full of water or methylamine? I forget.

If it's water, who cares if anyone finds it? It might strike someone as weird, but would anybody put 2 and 2 together?
My blog
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14 2012, 06:50 PM   #188
Q2UnME
Commodore

Fun Fact: The vapors given off from pure methyl amine would have flattened Todd and Walt.

Great show. Mrs.Q2 and I have just gotten caught up. The train scenes were well done, direction and photography were outstanding. I think there will be blow back on Todd. Mike might take exception with it. Jesse is definitely going to push back, perhaps to the point of Mike taking out Todd for stupidity.

Can't wait for the next episode. Easily best thing on TV currently.

Q2

Whiskey - Tango - Foxtrot

Last edited by Q2UnME; August 14 2012 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Spell check is your friend....
Q2UnME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14 2012, 06:55 PM   #189
Harvey
Admiral

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post

If it's water, who cares if anyone finds it? It might strike someone as weird, but would anybody put 2 and 2 together?
I thought there were two tanks -- one with water and one with methylamine. The water ended up in the tanker, so now there's two tanks -- one empty and one full of methylamine.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14 2012, 06:57 PM   #190
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

Harvey wrote: View Post

I thought there were two tanks -- one with water and one with methylamine. The water ended up in the tanker, so now there's two tanks -- one empty and one full of methylamine.
D'oh, I think you're right. Well, presumably they can hide 'em. All they need to do is make sure no one finds the kid's body anywhere near the tanks. From there, it doesn't really matter what they do with him. There were no other witnesses, and presumably they took adequate precautions with the gun (no fingerprints on the bullet, untraceable, etc.)

I don't think the kid is what will get them caught, although it will no doubt cause a lot of friction between them.
My blog
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14 2012, 07:20 PM   #191
davejames
Vice Admiral

Man, it's amazing what they can do with visual effects now. It really did look like there was a train passing over Jesse in a couple of shots, but apparently it was all just pieced together later in editing.

http://www.amctv.com/breaking-bad/vi...d-dead-freight
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14 2012, 07:30 PM   #192
Galileo7
Fleet Captain

I don't think the kid is what will get them caught, although it will no doubt cause a lot of friction between them.
Agree. A lot of friction for Jesse who was the only one of the three that felt compassion for the boy.
Galileo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14 2012, 11:59 PM   #193
Borgminister

Albino Damon sure is a good shot, that's for sure. Wonder how he'll figure in the endgame?

Empire building... wow.
Borgminister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2012, 12:10 AM   #194
Stone_Cold_Sisko
Vice Admiral

Harvey wrote: View Post
I'm sure if Walt was anyone other than his brother in law, Hank would be on to him, but his personal feelings are still clouding his judgment, I think. Plus, he bought the infidelity story.
The pieces are all there, Hank just needs a nudge. Walt's a chemistry teacher, really smart, is suddenly "leasing" new cars and expensive watches, and conveniently had a gambling problem that paid for his whole medical treatment.

He brought up Walt's second cell phone last week. All he needs to ask is "hey, wait, Walt wasn't the one who cheated, why DID he have the 2nd cell phone?" and/or someone commenting that the master chef needs to be really good at chemistry.

The fact that they brought the 2nd phone back via Hank's dialogue and made a big deal of Hank/Walt talking about his new bling tonight, I think indicates that we're coming awwfully close to Hank finally putting it together.

That's my bet for the half-season break cliffhanger. Hank's drop-the-coffee-cup moment
Stone_Cold_Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2012, 04:35 AM   #195
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Mike and Walt will agree with Todd's action.
Mike looked pretty upset in the preview.

Yeah, Hank's got to have that "drop the coffee cup" moment soon. He's got to....and boy is he going to be pissed off from hell that Walter has duped him this long and made him look bad.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote