CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old July 27 2012, 06:04 PM   #241
Korob
The Revd's Oldman

View Korob's Twitter Profile
Re: BBC Original British Drama

And now BBC One's showreel

Old July 27 2012, 08:25 PM   #242
Serial thread killer
Rear Admiral

View Serial thread killer's Twitter Profile

I'm hoping that BBC 4 can show room at the top as anyone heard anything?
Malcolm on Star Wars: "The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin. His father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his sister. Lego. They're all made of fucking lego."

Last edited by Serial thread killer; July 27 2012 at 09:24 PM.
Serial thread killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27 2012, 08:54 PM   #243
Korob
The Revd's Oldman

No news that I've seen.
Old July 28 2012, 11:32 PM   #244
Korob
The Revd's Oldman

New Merlin Trailer
Old July 29 2012, 11:23 AM   #245
Korob
The Revd's Oldman

The Spooks replacement by the looks of it.
Old July 30 2012, 09:59 AM   #246
The Haunting
Admiral

HappyDayRiot wrote: View Post
Starkers wrote: View Post
Looks cool, nice to see Gillian Anderson there

BTW, anyone else wact The Line of Duty that's been on BBC2 the last 6 weeks?

Not exactly the Shadow Line but I thought it was quite good
I loved it. A few niggles, not least the painful Wire-wannabe bits on the streets and even in some of the dialogue, but otherwise 5 hours well spent. Totally agree it had nothing on The Shadow Line but what has? I hear a second series is already confirmed too, which I think is actually needed. Wrapping up with the captions, as it was a real story, was too rushed for my liking.

Also, you really cannot go wrong with Craig Parkinson.
A second series? Assuming this may just be the anti corruption people on a new case? I agree about the dialogues bits, and god I've neveer wanted to see a child have the shit kicked out of him as much as I wanted that kid to get what was coming to him!

I thought Neil Morrissey was really good as well.

"It should be torn down and the ground sown with salt..."
The Haunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30 2012, 01:16 PM   #247
Korob
The Revd's Oldman

Trailer for Good Cop

Old August 13 2012, 08:51 PM   #248
Serial thread killer
Rear Admiral

Going to borrow the BBC thread has I don't think its worth giving ITV its own thread.
Here is the ITV trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9djI9...layer_embedded
I'm a bit odd as I'm looking forward to Downton but not because of Matthew and Mary, I'm more bothered about what's going to happen to Edith.
Malcolm on Star Wars: "The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin. His father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his sister. Lego. They're all made of fucking lego."
Old August 13 2012, 08:54 PM   #249
Korob
The Revd's Oldman

Bet most of them aren't anything more than passable. Though I have set one or two to record already.
Old August 13 2012, 09:43 PM   #250
Serial thread killer
Rear Admiral

Bob the Skutter wrote: View Post
Bet most of them aren't anything more than passable. Though I have set one or two to record already.
I'm not at all impress with 13 steps down.
Old August 13 2012, 11:32 PM   #251
MacLeod
Admiral

ITV is that some sort of TV channel?

Ok maybe I might watch a few hours per year.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3 2012, 04:16 PM   #252
Korob
The Revd's Oldman

So a fresh round of drama commissions have been announced, including JK Rowling's A Casual Vacancy.

BBC One and BBC Drama have commissioned an exclusive adaptation of The Casual Vacancy from The Blair Partnership, who represents J.K. Rowling.
The series will be produced through an independent production company operated by Neil Blair, on behalf of The Blair Partnership, and Rick Senat, which shall engage the executive series producer. The deal was struck following discussions between Neil Blair and BBC One Controller Danny Cohen.
J.K. Rowling will collaborate closely with the project, with the number and length of the episodes to be decided once the creative adaptation process has formally begun.
The series has been commissioned for the BBC by Danny Cohen, Controller of BBC One, and Ben Stephenson, Controller of BBC Drama, and is expected to air in 2014.
The Casual Vacancy is already a global best-seller and is J.K. Rowling’s first novel for adults.
The novel is set in Pagford, seemingly, an English idyll, with a cobbled market square and an ancient abbey, but what lies behind the pretty façade is a town at war. Rich at war with poor, teenagers at war with their parents, wives at war with their husbands, teachers at war with their pupils… Pagford is not what it first seems.
J.K. Rowling says: "I’m thrilled that the BBC has commissioned The Casual Vacancy. I always felt that, if it were to be adapted, this novel was best suited to television and I think the BBC is the perfect home."
Danny Cohen says: "It is thrilling to be bringing the work of J.K. Rowling to BBC One audiences. J.K. Rowling's story-telling is of course peerless in its popularity, and I am looking forward to collaborating with her. This project highlights the ambition and scale of BBC One Drama, as well as the ability of modern television to attract the world's biggest talent and most exciting creative ideas."
Jonathan Strange And Mr Norrell 6x60 series, based on the bestselling novel by Susanna Clarke and adapted by Peter Harness. Jonathan Strange And Mr Norrell is set during the Napoleonic Wars in an England where magic once existed and is about to return.
Jonathan Strange And Mr Norrell is produced by Cuba, the production arm of leading literary and talent agency Curtis Brown in association with Feel Film and Farmoor.
Toby Haynes directs, Nick Hirschkorn will produce with Nick Marston, Justin Thomson-Glover and Patrick Irwin are executive producing. Matthew Read is the Executive Producer for the BBC.
Cuba is also the production company behind BAFTA-winning Boy A and critically acclaimed Broken.
The 7.39
2x60 by award-winning writer David Nicholls (One Day, Starter For Ten) and produced by Carnival Films.
After fighting for a seat on their morning commute, Sally and Carl begin talking and suddenly their daily train journey becomes a lot more interesting. Relatively happy in their home lives, they are, however, drawn to each other, and as their friendship grows to flirtation they refuse to admit - to each other or themselves - that a line might be crossed. The consequences of discovery will be life-changing, catastrophic perhaps, and yet they can’t help falling in love. A romantic drama for grown-ups, The 7.39 is charged, funny and moving.
Executive Producer for Carnival Films is Sally Woodward Gentle and Polly Hill for the BBC.
The Game
6x60 series, written and created by Toby Whithouse (Being Human).
The Game is a Cold War spy thriller set in the secretive world of 1970s espionage.
Produced by BBC Cymru Wales and executive produced by Faith Penhale, Brian Minchin and Toby Whithouse.
Old December 3 2012, 05:02 PM   #253
lurok
Commodore

The Game sounds interesting. I wonder if they'll channel TTSS remake (with a hint of Ashes)? I missed C4's Byrne thriller (Secret State?) as well. Anyone recommend it?
Old December 5 2012, 01:23 PM   #254
The Haunting
Admiral

Ooh The Game sounds very interesting!

"It should be torn down and the ground sown with salt..."
The Haunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2013, 05:24 PM   #255
Korob
The Revd's Oldman

And the latest reel for this years dramas is here, along with the latest round of commissions. Including Atlantis, the Saturday evening replacement for Merlin, apparently involving young Jason, of And the Argonauts fame.