Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old August 11 2012, 04:50 AM   #1051
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

I like the new avatar, OdoWan! It's a bit strange to see you without a Pony theme, but I like the new choice.

I like the DKR Batman figure...I don't know enough about the other one to be qualified to say anything about it. That offshoot of the Batman franchise and universe was one I never got into in any way whatsoever, but the figure definitely looks pretty neat.

The little one(I forget the name right now) reminds me of the old Domino's Pizza Noid mascot.

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 11 2012, 04:55 AM   #1052
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

I like to change it up every once in a while, and when I saw this panel in the latest issue of Batman and Robin, I knew I had to have it as my avatar.

The Batman of Zur En Arrh (at least this version) is from Batman R.I.P. from a few years back. Batman is so prepared for everything that he actually created an alternate supressed personality for himself in case he ever came under mental attack. That happens, and the Batman of Zurr En Arrh emerges, and proceeds to beat the ever loving hell out of everything. Batman R.I.P. was a pretty insane comic. The little guy is Bat-Mite, who in this story acts as Batman's "spirit guide" while he's Zur En Arrhed out.
Old August 11 2012, 09:30 AM   #1053
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

The huge MTT Troop Transport vehicles are starting to show up on retail shelves. Walmarts are selling the big thing for $129.96 or thereabouts and Target's probably a couple of bucks higher. If anyone in the thread has been wanting the new, big electronic Star Wars vehicle for 2012 it's starting to make its presence known...ever so gradually.

As long and wide as the box is there appears to be room for just one MTT at a time on retail shelves...maybe two if you can squeeze it in between all the unsold, smaller ships and vehicles from the Episode I 3-D blitz earlier this year. Keep your eyes peeled!

Old August 11 2012, 10:25 AM   #1054
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Yah the line is called DC Unlimited I believe. I really want that Dark Knight Returns Batman, and the Wonder Woman, which looks great. Here are some more pics.

http://kastorskorner.com/wp/2012/08/...-pretty-great/

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11 2012, 05:34 PM   #1055
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

The Toys 'R' Us Ewok and Yavin Pilot multipacks are starting to hit stores this weekend. The pricepoint on each is a hefty $39.99, but considering you get five figures and a bunch of accessories in each set and the price of just one regular carded figure is now hovering at around ten bucks it's a really good deal. Also, it's hard to complain much when you realize we're finally getting a much needed, more articulated upgrade of Porkins from ANH as well as the first Princess Kneesaa toy since the eighties.

Also, keep your eyes peeled at your local Kmart if you have one. The exclusive AT-ST Scout Walker in a Vintage Collection box is also starting to show up here and there. It runs $34.99 and comes with no figures, but it's a reuse and nice repaint of a pretty good mold from a few years ago and that retro-'80s box is pretty sweet.

Old August 11 2012, 06:05 PM   #1056
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Yah the line is called DC Unlimited I believe. I really want that Dark Knight Returns Batman, and the Wonder Woman, which looks great. Here are some more pics.

http://kastorskorner.com/wp/2012/08/...-pretty-great/
Yeah, I saw those too. The Injustice Batman is just doing nothing for me, though. Wonder Woman, as nice as she is, is just not as exciting as that DKR or Zur En Arrh Batmans. It's great to see them finally using the MOTUC body for a DC figure. That opens up all sorts of new possibilities.
Old August 11 2012, 08:39 PM   #1057
Unicron
Continuity Spackle

Send a message via ICQ to Unicron

I'm personally looking for the new Shockwave myself, if I can find him.

"My dream is to eat candy and poop emeralds. I'm halfway successful."

Catbert, Evil Director of Human Resources
Unicron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 11 2012, 08:41 PM   #1058
Gotham Central
Vice Admiral

View Gotham Central's Twitter Profile

OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
When Mattel announced that the new retail DC line is mostly going to be Batman and Superman with a few other A-listers tossed in there occasionally, I was upset. Then they have to go and show us these:

Dark Knight Returns Batman and the Batman of Zur En Arrh! Oh my god! Zur En Arrh! I never thought we would see that one made. That's just insane, and wonderful. The DKR version looks great too. That's an essential variant of Batman. You know what? If this line is gonna give us fantastic variants of Batman and Superman like these two, then I'm cool with the line just being the big guns. We still have Club Infinite Earths for the more obscure characters.
I'm in for Bat-mite...witness the Power of Batman:Brave and the Bold...I now love bat-mite
And sing along in the age of paranoia

Green Day
Gotham Central is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11 2012, 09:23 PM   #1059
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Bat-mite comes with the "Grant Morrison is freaking crazy" Batman.
Old August 12 2012, 09:10 AM   #1060
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Bat-Mite's use in RIP was genius, and I agree about the Injustice Batman..kind of meh. I also saw the New 52 Batgirl...the comic IMO has been meh but I love the costume design so I will probably get that.

@OdoWan...your avatar makes me want that Jeff Lemaire "Robins" ongoing...damn it DC, make this happen!

Old August 12 2012, 03:41 PM   #1061
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

^ I feel exactly the same way. I would read the hell out of that book. There's so much untapped potential there. Everything with Batman in the last Batman and Robin arc was crap, and the stuff between the Robins was great. But this is a discussion for the DC thread.

Well, my long time comic DCUC Eradicator arrived yesterday, and my Metallo BAF is finally complete. Yay! My DC shelves have changed a lot since the last time I took a pic Maybe I should take some updated ones.
Old August 13 2012, 01:23 AM   #1062
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I'm still hoping against all hope that we might finally get a Dick Grayson Batman. I'm thinking this is never going to happen though.

Old August 13 2012, 01:44 AM   #1063
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

The brand new Clone Commander Fox assortment of Clone Wars figures is being reported showing up at some Kmarts across the country. The case assortment contains two Fox figures and ten repacks from previous waves.

Unfortunately, he's the only new figure in his wave....which makes me wonder why the hell anyone bothered to call it a new "wave" to begin with. It usually takes two or more new figures in a case to constitute a new wave, but such are the times many toy collectors live in.

Old August 13 2012, 01:49 AM   #1064
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I'm still hoping against all hope that we might finally get a Dick Grayson Batman. I'm thinking this is never going to happen though.
If the Batman Unlimited line is a hit, I would imagine they would get around to a Grayson Batman eventually. The big issue is how you would differentiate him. DCUC and related lines use a buck system, and thus, there are fewer sculpted details that would tell you this is Grayson. I guess for starters they could put him on the thinner body that they use for Deadman, Sinestro, etc. Maybe a headsculpt with a smile would go a long way. They're not going to perfectly mimic Frank Quietly's art, or something like that. That's just not the way Mattel rolls. I really hope they get us a Damian, too. I just don't know which body they would use. All of the kid size bucks are still way too buff.
Old August 13 2012, 01:53 AM   #1065
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

They could mimic Chris Burnham's art (he does an exceptional job at mimicking Quietly while still putting his own style on the characters), but yeah all good points regarding the sculpt. Putting a smile on him and using Dick's utility belt would go along way I think. Is the Batman Incorporated line done (I'm assuming so) because I would have thought there would be more for future waves. I desperately want a Leviathan Talia.